Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I also have had numerous problems installing / updating this app ota, but works every time with webos quick install, so thats how i do it, i love this app so it's not a problem for me....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    It's a great app! I can't wait to see how it updates during games. The only suggestion that I have right now is adding which golies are playing and adding who got assists.
    But this is cool to just get scores, can always goto nhl.com with browser to get the rest of the info, keep this open just for score updates....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    No offence, but using the same logic, why not just sign up for score updates from TSN or NHL.ca?

I'm not crying foul over this. It's just something that I'd like for this app.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    quick install method worked. woo
    Great little app, thanks for the work!!

Would it be possible to add a feature to list and update the Standings (Division, Conference, League)?
    Getting close to playoffs!! Go Bruins!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    Great little app, thanks for the work!!

Would it be possible to add a feature to list and update the Standings (Division, Conference, League)?
    Getting close to playoffs!! Go Bruins!
    It's something that is on my radar, but realistically it probably won't be done for 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I can find a chunk of time before that to hammer it out tho.
    I had this app before 1.4 and it was good. I've tried to install this in 1.4 and it gets to "installng..." and sits there. Oh well... I guess.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    I had this app before 1.4 and it was good. I've tried to install this in 1.4 and it gets to "installng..." and sits there. Oh well... I guess.
    Running fine on my Pre with 1.4. I did however have to install using WOSQI. Would just get the "installing" screen otherwise
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Running fine on my Pre with 1.4. I did however have to install using WOSQI. Would just get the "installing" screen otherwise
    Yeah... sorry guys, I don't know what's wrong with the Palm-hosted version. When I release an update, seems a bunch of people can't get it installed -- yet, can install it with fileCoaster or wosqi. Same ipk, so something is wrong on their end. Very frustrating, and the reviews are getting hammered. But nothing I can do other than push out an update that'll have the same issues.
    Yeah, I actually saw the link using quick install. I got it on my phone and it's working fine. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ljolsen View Post
    Yeah... sorry guys, I don't know what's wrong with the Palm-hosted version. When I release an update, seems a bunch of people can't get it installed -- yet, can install it with fileCoaster or wosqi. Same ipk, so something is wrong on their end. Very frustrating, and the reviews are getting hammered. But nothing I can do other than push out an update that'll have the same issues.
    I had this problem for some time... but eventually it installed. I haven't reviewed your app yet, I will now and I'll give ya the 5 stars (although I'd like to see more out of the app) Edit done
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I also had the install problem from the Palm web feed?
    I was fine once I uploaded the ipkg to my Pre using WOQI!

Precentral.net saves the day again! Thanks for this and the NBA apps, looking forward to more functionality! Now I need a NFL app, that Sprint wont give me the scores and radio feeds this year!
    http://www.precentral.net/verizon-sn...ontract-sprint

----------------
    Now playing: A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
    via FoxyTunes
    Hey ljolsen...

Here's a suggestion and a feature that would make this app off the hook... UPDATE SCORES IN NOTIFICATIONS. Updates when there's a scored goal or every 5 minutes you get an update in notifications. Kinda like the app StocksR and Weather Dashboard. You can configure those apps to provide updates every so often utilizing notifications.

I would totally pay for this app once it hit the app catalogue. Any chances you might work on it?
    ljolsen,

I really like that you included the standings (just in time too)!

Anyhow I noticed you didn't have a splash image so I created one (using your background). But, the problem is... it blends with your icon... let me know your thoughts and perhaps I could help come up with something else.

Of course if your not interested just say so and thanks for the app!

If you haven't already made one, you can use this:

(I tested it by editing your appinfo.json with this info http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-card-app.html )

Edit: I tried a stanley cup and a few other images... none really fit your app, so If you'd like me to give it a shot with an image you had in mind, then by all means let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    Hey ljolsen...

Here's a suggestion and a feature that would make this app off the hook... UPDATE SCORES IN NOTIFICATIONS. Updates when there's a scored goal or every 5 minutes you get an update in notifications. Kinda like the app StocksR and Weather Dashboard. You can configure those apps to provide updates every so often utilizing notifications.

I would totally pay for this app once it hit the app catalogue. Any chances you might work on it?
    Thanks for the suggestion, notifications are something I'm working on.

What do you think would be most useful?
    - Choose your favorite team(s) and get notifications only for games involving them
    - Turn notifications on/off on a per-game basis (could be combined with above)
    - Notifications for all games all the time
    - Something else?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    ljolsen,

I really like that you included the standings (just in time too)!

Anyhow I noticed you didn't have a splash image so I created one (using your background). But, the problem is... it blends with your icon... let me know your thoughts and perhaps I could help come up with something else.

Of course if your not interested just say so and thanks for the app!

If you haven't already made one, you can use this:

(I tested it by editing your appinfo.json with this info http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-card-app.html )

Edit: I tried a stanley cup and a few other images... none really fit your app, so If you'd like me to give it a shot with an image you had in mind, then by all means let me know.
    Cool, thanks for doing that, and for the info! I didn't know you could customize the splash screen. I'll try to put it in the next release.

- Choose your favorite team(s) and get notifications only for games involving them
    - Something else?
    even though im speaking in behalf of the nba scores app but everything you just said is great...notifications on/off and a choice for putting for all games or for your favorite team is what im looking for
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

- Something else?
    I think choosing your favorite team is a must, because you could be getting hammered with so many goals and teams throughout a busy Tuesday or Saturday.
    Turning them on/off in combo with above would be nice too.

Another feature I would love to see, and a couple others have mentioned it too, is the Assists. That would be so clutch and appreciated.

Anyways, the app is simple and it works well. Does exactly what it is supposed to and is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Cool, thanks for doing that, and for the info! I didn't know you could customize the splash screen. I'll try to put it in the next release.
    No problem, and by all means don't feel obligated... I personally think one of the two images needs to be edited before implementation. But if you'd like a hand I'm just a PM away.

Edit: choosing your team is defiantly a must

Edit 2: actually after thinking about it... after a fav team is chosen... I'd imagine you could write to the appinfo.json and change which icon is being used. So if a user chose the St. Louis Blues, you could write the appinfo.json file to point at the existing Blues icon (of course it wouldn't take effect till after a restart).
    --- Then you could use your existing App Icon for the launcher and use the fav team icon for the splashscreen icon.
    Anyhow, just an idea.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast