Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21  
    The big question for me...I hope it's within the confines of the discussion...

    Does this latest version of MyTether go beyond WEP security?

    IMO...It's not a good idea to be walking around with a WIFI router in your pocket that only supports a deprecated security standard.

    BTW...Rod, I appreciate all the great things you and crew @ WebOS Internals do for this platform. THANK YOU!
    .
  2. #22  
    Excellent, unbiased, focused review. Thanks Rod.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    The big question for me...I hope it's within the confines of the discussion...

    Does this latest version of MyTether go beyond WEP security?

    IMO...It's not a good idea to be walking around with a WIFI router in your pocket that only supports a deprecated security standard.

    BTW...Rod, I appreciate all the great things you and crew @ WebOS Internals do for this platform. THANK YOU!
    .
    When you take out the key it has a message that says empty to disable wap.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    When you take out the key it has a message that says empty to disable wap.
    As far as wireless security goes, WAP usually stands for wireless access point...WPA, Wi-Fi Protected Access, would offer a higher encryption level.

    The only other thing I can think of WAP could stand for would be Wireless Application Protocol.

    @Rod or Aonic...

    What's the current security protocol being used in myTether?

    .
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    As far as wireless security goes, WAP usually stands for wireless access point...WPA, Wi-Fi Protected Access, would offer a higher encryption level.

    The only other thing I can think of WAP could stand for would be Wireless Application Protocol.

    @Rod or Aonic...

    What's the current security protocol being used in myTether?

    .
    it's using the mobile hotspot service for wifi, so I believe it's WPA
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #26  
    Thanks guys. Great work! Glad to see everyone working together.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  7. #27  
    Thanks for the awesome review, removed Mytether due to concerns over its security problems, and unfavorable install/removal techniques.

    Sounds like it is shaping into something really good for the Homebrew community. I did donate, but I am going to keep the Palm MHS, unless it stops working with 1.4. I do not have problems going back to MyTether now.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 02/10/2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling :-/

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8. #28  
    I have been very nervous about using this app (with a lot of the issues it has with breaking functions of the phone). But now I am ready to 'donate' to use this app. I'm very glad to see everyone working together to better the community.

    Great work guys!!!
  9. #29  
    I had owned this before but got tired of the problems. I will give it a shot after the 1.4 update. Also, many thanx for the work you two have done. I am glad to see we are getting along again. Just like a family, we can forgive and forget the past.
  10. Raphy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #30  
    I have a quick question, how do you install MyTether vua PreWare? On the main page article Jason mention that you can install and un-install using PreWare and webOS QI. BTW, thanks for all the work, if it wasn't because of you I would have jumped on the Android bandwagon already..
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    I have a quick question, how do you install MyTether vua PreWare? On the main page article Jason mention that you can install and un-install using PreWare and webOS QI. BTW, thanks for all the work, if it wasn't because of you I would have jumped on the Android bandwagon already..
    MyTether is a commercial application that requires payment of $14.95, and as such has not been submitted by the author to any of the feeds that Preware publishes.

    So whilst the 2.1.0 version of MyTether will technically install and uninstall via WebOS Quick Install or Preware, you will need to buy the ipkgs before you can do so via WebOS Quick Install, or the author will need to submit it to a homebrew submission site such as PreCentral before you can do so via Preware.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #32  
    do you have to uninstall it before updating to 1.4?
  13. #33  
    How do you remove mytether 2.1.0? Do you just "meta-tap" and tap on the app, or do you have to uninstall it with the installer? Great app by the way, cant work without it. Thanks Rod for the reveiw.
  14. dsuycott's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #34  
    nice work gentlemen!!!...i am a very happy purchaser of this app! i love sitting at borders or barnes and nobles not giving them money for WiFi, i jus whip this out on 'em!!!...ahhh the satisfaction!

    196k connections...suhweet.
  15. #35  
    Looks like the word is you can and should do an uninstall via preware or webos quick install before you upgrade to 1.4, If you don't want to be without my tether for a couple of days then don't upgrade right away so they have time to make sure it works with 1.4.
  16. #36  
    Thanks for that info, very usefull.
  17. #37  
    nice review, thanks.
    Last edited by supervillain; 02/10/2010 at 11:09 PM.
  18. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #38  
    I have never EVER given a donation for a review until now. Thanks, Marshall
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Looks like the word is you can and should do an uninstall via preware or webos quick install before you upgrade to 1.4, If you don't want to be without my tether for a couple of days then don't upgrade right away so they have time to make sure it works with 1.4.
    housetube,
    I was going to ask the same question. How did you determine that "you can and should do an uninstall via preware or webos quick install before you upgrade to 1.4"?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    housetube,
    I was going to ask the same question. How did you determine that "you can and should do an uninstall via preware or webos quick install before you upgrade to 1.4"?
    And even further...and I can't get a straight answer on the donor forum....are we absolutely sure that removing MT through Preware (and I assume also the service which is separate) will remove ALL traces of MT prior to the update?

    This has been a major problem with this app in the past.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions