Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This application allows you to schedule a daily reboot of your Palm Pre or Pixi. If you are working on the phone when the reboot is scheduled to occur, a popup will allow you to cancel the reboot within 15 seconds, and postpone it till the next day.

You're welcome to suggest additions/changes to this app, and as I have time, I will try to add them in.

Link to app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...boot-scheduler

Sure could use this app but can't seem to access the page. I get "Access Denied" when I click the link to the app. Do I need some sort of special access?
    Last edited by Treasure58; 02/08/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    the link doesnt work
    Looks like the Precentral feed hasn't been updated yet. I am all kinds of eager for this. A nightly reboot will hopefully make my Pre always happy.
    I too am eagerly waiting for this app. I hope we get access to it today.
    Yes, I want to try this. I've been one of the ones that have requested this.
    So many different kinds of awesome. Hopefully you and Jason can work together instead of releasing competing apps. That would be a great partnership.
    This makes me so happy. I'll be trying it out tonight. The only addition I would like to see is the ability to auto launch 2 or 3 apps at startup. That way my always up apps are loaded in the AM.

Thanks a ton!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It is now in Preware.
    Great App!!
    Suggestion - Maybe an option for how many or which day(s) for it to reboot.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This makes it easy rebooting it daily, looking forward to testing it.
    Question. Can I have this reboot my phone at say 5 in the morning and still have my alarm clock set and ring at 9
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Question. Can I have this reboot my phone at say 5 in the morning and still have my alarm clock set and ring at 9
    definitely want to know this one. I want a reboot every night at 2, but my alarm still needs to be set to go off.
    Why would a reboot turn the alarm off?
    I'm having a little difficulty with this app.

I have tested it about 5 times so far. And each time, the popup warning shows up telling me that the phone will restart in 15 seconds. After about 5 seconds, the LCD turns off. Then after about 20 seconds, nothing happens. Even after a minute, nothing still happens. When I slide the phone open after a few minutes of waiting, the phone finally restarts.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: The above experience is when the phone is not charging. I just tested the app again while being plugged in to my laptop via USB and it worked flawlessly. So perhaps it only works while charging?
    Last edited by PalmOD; 02/09/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Perhaps a snooze function when the popup activates?
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    definitely want to know this one. I want a reboot every night at 2, but my alarm still needs to be set to go off.
    I'm not sure about all apps out there, but...

Both the stock Clock app & Timepiece will play an alarm at the correct time whether they have an open card or not, so it depends what app your using.

This is GREAT. I would like to remember to restart my phone everyday, but I don't. This is perfect because I can have it do it on its own while on the TS and while I'm sleeping.

The only other feature I would like would be the ability to choose which days. I go out on the weekends, and don't usually end up at home. Without a charger on me at all times, my Pre doesn't last too long on battery, especially a restart that takes 10% of my battery life. I'd like to disable this from going off Saturday and Sunday mornings to preserve battery life as much as possible.

Other than that, I'll be testing this tonight! Thank you!
    I would love to use this at night but there's two things that concern. First is that the boot screen is at full brightness. That'll definitely wake me up. Second is that my phone vibrates when it charges (also after a reboot as it's charging) so that'll wake me up aswell. Unfortunately this app is not for me, unless there was a way to have a screen off and no vibrate during a reboot.
    Great app idea, I'm going to download it right away!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast