Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Actually, I do use the patch "Charging Alert Vibrate Only." I still get a bing-bong from Reboot Scheduler when it gives its alert.
    Do you have it connected to your computer? Maybe when the USB connects your computer does the bing-bong.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Do you have it connected to your computer? Maybe when the USB connects your computer does the bing-bong.
    It does this while on the Touchstone. And when it's not connected to anything.
    Last edited by squeff; 02/16/2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    It did not work the first time I scheduled it, but it has worked every time since. It has not messed up my alarm settings. I do have it set to reboot 5 minutes after my alarm though, so the light won't wake me up early. Thanks!
    Not to thread jack, I have both apps. But search for "Preset Reset"
    Thanks, I actually stumbled upon it. Both alternatives probably can drag the concept a long way from where they currently are.
  5.    #65  
    Hey everyone, totally apologize for not answering any comments/questions. After I made the thread, I forgot to subscribe to it (Doh!) so I didn't realize anyone had posted anything since I wasn't getting emails about it. Again, very sorry.

Quick word in regards to Preset Reset; not trying to compete with Jason at all, and it looks like he has all the features that have been requested for this. I just searched around the forums and it hadn't been released yet, and I wanted to learn to use the alarm calls, so I made it. Probably makes more sense for him to just keep working on that, since he's already ahead of me. I have other stuff I can work on :-), and also willing to help out if there is something he needs that I can help out with (although I'm not sure what that would be).

Everyone else: if there is anything specifically about my app that you like better than Jason's, let me know, and I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he can add it in. I apologize again for not paying attention to this thread sooner.

Thanks for trying the app!
    My pre actually lags a bit when it is freshly rebooted. I'd expect this in a linux based system to begin with, as memory is cached. In fact, all of my linux systems get faster the longer they are up, until there is something that causes a problem.

I guess things in javascript and luna on this phone are problem causers... :-(
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Hey everyone, totally apologize for not answering any comments/questions. After I made the thread, I forgot to subscribe to it (Doh!) so I didn't realize anyone had posted anything since I wasn't getting emails about it. Again, very sorry.

Quick word in regards to Preset Reset; not trying to compete with Jason at all, and it looks like he has all the features that have been requested for this. I just searched around the forums and it hadn't been released yet, and I wanted to learn to use the alarm calls, so I made it. Probably makes more sense for him to just keep working on that, since he's already ahead of me. I have other stuff I can work on :-), and also willing to help out if there is something he needs that I can help out with (although I'm not sure what that would be).

Everyone else: if there is anything specifically about my app that you like better than Jason's, let me know, and I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he can add it in. I apologize again for not paying attention to this thread sooner.

Thanks for trying the app!
    Thanks for your hard work on this... and being the first.

Jason's app has more, but I hesitated to switch because I liked the simple elegance of your app. The only reason I changed is that your app bing-bongs when the notification comes up and his does not (no idea why, since others don't have this same experience).

I'm sure that you can use what you've learned doing this app for something else, and I look forward to it. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Your app works fine for me. I don't intend to switch.

Btw, I was already looking into how to enable cron and how to set up a cron job to reboot every morning, when I found this app! Thanks.
    I dont know if anyone else has put in this request, but i way to turn off the audiable when the notification goes off.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by atodman View Post
    I dont know if anyone else has put in this request, but i way to turn off the audiable when the notification goes off.
    I'm no longer working on this app; sorry. Take a look at Preset Reset. It is the same idea, but is still being worked on and has more features. Thanks.
    This is a great app for those who are on the phone all the time ... Like myself and forget to restart once in a while. Set this up and it does it for you.
    What are the benefits of having your phone reboot on a schedule? thanks in advance.
    I already told you in the other thread
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I already told you in the other thread

I'm sorry I don't remember which thread it was and for the life of me I can't find it. I've just learned about the automatic notification feature today. I you would tell me again I would appreciate it.
    Really frustrating to be cut off the phone by this app!
    Got rid off it now...
    Would it be possible to add a Shutdown option? Thanks!
  17.    #77  
    I don't have a WebOS device anymore... my Pre- and FrankenPre2 were both dying and I needed a working phone, so I've moved on to Android. I also wasn't able to get a Touchpad when they were on sale. So I'm not really working on WebOS apps anymore. You may want to try Preset Reset, which as of last time I checked was a similar app with more features, and the dev is still working with WebOS. Sorry!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234