Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Could you extend the 15 second time limit to 2 minutes? If the phone is idle then it doesn't matter how much warning is given - but if it's in use the user may as well have ample warning before the phone reboots itself.

Otherwise really useful app, thanks
    My first attempt did not work. I did NOT have my phone charging at the time, which is rare for me. It's usually always charging at night. I will try it again tonight while charging.
    Worked great. Tried it twice at different times, once yesterday while watching it and once this mornig at 2am. This is perfect, a restart every morning at 2am.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/10/2010 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    This application allows you to schedule a daily reboot of your Palm Pre or Pixi. If you are working on the phone when the reboot is scheduled to occur, a popup will allow you to cancel the reboot within 15 seconds, and postpone it till the next day.

You're welcome to suggest additions/changes to this app, and as I have time, I will try to add them in.

Link to app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...boot-scheduler

will you have to set a reboot time every day after a reboot or will it do it automatically after you set it up the first time?
    Quote Originally Posted by electrical1213 View Post
    will you have to set a reboot time every day after a reboot or will it do it automatically after you set it up the first time?
    I think it's automatic after the initial setup.
    For some reason, mine didn't restart on my touchstone at 4am today. I'll try again tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Why would a reboot turn the alarm off?
    I've noticed a few times - and I haven't figured out what triggered it - but at least 3 times (and I don't turn off / reboot my phone often) that after it came back on, I went to my alarm and not only were the alarms off - but the times were reset to PM!

I have 2 alarms set every morning, with a 3rd one I change, when this happens, the 3rd alarm disappears and the 2 alarms go from AM to PM.

I don't now if it's just me, but that makes me worry if it reboots on it's own and kills my alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by btroffded1 View Post
    I've noticed a few times - and I haven't figured out what triggered it - but at least 3 times (and I don't turn off / reboot my phone often) that after it came back on, I went to my alarm and not only were the alarms off - but the times were reset to PM!

I have 2 alarms set every morning, with a 3rd one I change, when this happens, the 3rd alarm disappears and the 2 alarms go from AM to PM.

I don't now if it's just me, but that makes me worry if it reboots on it's own and kills my alarms.
    So your not saying that this program caused this but that the actual act of restarting your phone does this? That's strange. It hasn't happened to me yet, but will definitely keep an eye out for this. That would suck if my alarms don't go off.
    I tried it last night and it didn't work (charging on ts). Gonna try again.
    I had my phone charging via USB last night and it worked as advertised. As long as I remember to leave my phone face down it shouldn't bother me.

Thanks for this great app! I predict smoother sailing with less "too many cards" crap.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You can try this for timing if the vibrating/screen will wake you up. I have mine reboot in the morning after I am up but before I make any calls. My alarm goes off at 5:15 and my phone reboots downstairs while I am showering at 5:30. Everyone's schedule is different but for those like me who would be awakened by the reboot there are other options.

I know I don't receive any phone calls at 5:30 am.

ymmv
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    So your not saying that this program caused this but that the actual act of restarting your phone does this? That's strange. It hasn't happened to me yet, but will definitely keep an eye out for this. That would suck if my alarms don't go off.
    Yeah, I haven't even downloaded this yet, was watching this thread to see if anyone else noticed this problem before trying it.

I will have it reboot midday so I can pay attention to the alarms after, if it is consistent, then I'll have it reboot at night
    Today I saw an odd thing. Yesterday I'd set it to restart at 10 AM just to test it while I'm awake. It shut off the Pre, and I had to start it up manually. I then set the reboot to 3 AM, but disabled the timer. This morning it notified me that it was going to reboot at 10 AM. I canceled the reboot, went into the app, found that it was still set for 3 AM but the timer was enabled. So why did it try to reboot at 10 AM? Somehow the preferences aren't sticking properly. If I delete the app, will the reboots still occur?
    I'm having some strang issues but honestly don't have aclue why.
    the 3 days I've used this to reboot the phoneat 2am, it's sluggish when I start using it. Once so sluggish I couldn't turn the alarm off, today it went crazy on a call and I had to reboot it. It kept sending the call to bluetooth even after I tried to change it to normal and even after the bluetooth device was turned off.

Previusly I had been rebooting manually before going to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Perhaps a snooze function when the popup activates?
    Definitely! +1
    Great, I love this as a workaround until we get scheduling in BU. I would like the app to always have a certain time be the default to reboot, though, not whatever it is set to do now - dragging the numbers each time I open it to 6 am is getting tedious.
    I will watch this thread to see if these issues get worked out. Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't seem to get this to work unless I set it and wait for it to work. If I set it to go off at 6am it doesn't work chargeing or not. Is this compatible with the battery saver app? Great ideal would really like to use it.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I had a strange issue with this. I had it set to reboot at 7:30PM and it worked for couple days. Today, I changed the reboot time to 9:30PM. As soon as I did that, it notified me that it was going to reboot. I tapped to cancel. Soon after the cancellation, I was notified again. It kept doing it until my Pre rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I have mine reboot in the morning after I am up but before I make any calls. My alarm goes off at 5:15 and my phone reboots downstairs while I am showering at 5:30. Everyone's schedule is different but for those like me who would be awakened by the reboot there are other options.

I know I don't receive any phone calls at 5:30 am.

ymmv
    I do the exact same thing, just with earlier times. It's the most logical and simple work around.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast