Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #1  
    PlanMyDay is a Tool, that helps you planning your days work.
    After assigning a duration and the ordering of entries, the user gets an overview what must and can be done today.

    During work on every single event, the times they take get recalculated and the progress can be updated. Then it is always possible to see if everything is in plan or hurry is needed.

    Why did I wrote it? On some days it happens, that the things I have to do consumes more time than the remaining hours of the day. Then always some questions come up:

    How much time do the different appointments take?
    What are the most important thing to do?
    How many appointments can I finish in the remaining time?

    PlanMyDay gives the answer!
  2. #2  
    This is a really fantastic app. My days are always completely filled. It's not a matter of if I can get everything I need to done, it's always a matter of what is going to have to be pushed until tomorrow. So this app is extremely useful as a visualization to see how "far off track I'm getting at any given moment."

    I do have three feature requests however.

    1. Put a task on hold. At a certain point it's evident that there are some tasks for the day that just aren't going to get done, so it would be great to "take a task out of the count" without having to mark it to 100% or set the time to zero. Then I could just take the task off hold the next day.

    2. Simple sort. Alpha by task name, or sort by duration.

    3. Ability to put in an "End of Day" time. And then when the tasks go over the end of day time, the time turns read and there is an aditional counter that shows how many minutes over your end of day you are.

    (Feature "1" however would be my absolute most desired addition.)

    Again thanks for putting this app together. It's very useful (so much so that I plan to get an extra touchstone for work now, simply to more easily keep the Pre on all the time with this app in front of me.)

    Great stuff.
  3. #3  
    Is the app supposed to keep time automatically I couldn't get it to function right.
  4. #4  
    I was excited about this app bc I LIVED by the planmyday for palmos and I have been trying to create something similar via the Agenda app, but really need the dynamic aspect of PMD. Is there a way to combine those those aspects? including the import of calendar appts, and tasks like the palmos version does?
  5. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckarath View Post
    This is a really fantastic app.
    ...

    I do have three feature requests however.

    1. Put a task on hold. At a certain point it's evident that there are some tasks for the day that just aren't going to get done, so it would be great to "take a task out of the count" without having to mark it to 100% or set the time to zero. Then I could just take the task off hold the next day.

    2. Simple sort. Alpha by task name, or sort by duration.

    3. Ability to put in an "End of Day" time. And then when the tasks go over the end of day time, the time turns read and there is an aditional counter that shows how many minutes over your end of day you are.

    Great stuff.
    Than you for supporting my app. This version is my first try for webos and I wanted to release it this early, for getting your feedback.

    I'll put your suggestions on my list and will try to implement the functions as soon as possible for me.

    Regards Klaus

    PS: If you enjoy the app, I'd be glad of a positive rating
  6. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    I was excited about this app bc I LIVED by the planmyday for palmos and I have been trying to create something similar via the Agenda app, but really need the dynamic aspect of PMD. Is there a way to combine those those aspects? including the import of calendar appts, and tasks like the palmos version does?
    Yes, both are on my Todo-List already, but the import-part looks to be a bit hard with the Current calendar-API. But I'm still looking forward for implementation ...

    Regards, Klaus
  7. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is the app supposed to keep time automatically I couldn't get it to function right.
    Could you explain more exactly please???

    Regards, Klaus
  8. #8  
    I installed and and setup an event but the timer never did anything. Maybe I am unsure how this works. This appears to be something like Quanto and would let me see where my time was spent during the day that is what I was looking for. Maybe I am thinking too hard with the program. How does it work?
  9. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed and and setup an event but the timer never did anything. Maybe I am unsure how this works. This appears to be something like Quanto and would let me see where my time was spent during the day that is what I was looking for. Maybe I am thinking too hard with the program. How does it work?
    ok, I understand ...

    Currently it is not possible to use the events like a timer. The timings, you can define are only informational, to show you, how long the tasks take, and how many time you need to finish all the planned tasks. The %-doings are to be set manually at the moment.

    One of the next things, I want to implement is a 'checkin' function, that counts down the remaining time and percent, until the task is finished.

    Regards, Klaus
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kr_ke View Post
    Yes, both are on my Todo-List already, but the import-part looks to be a bit hard with the Current calendar-API. But I'm still looking forward for implementation ...

    Regards, Klaus
    Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you can collaborate with the developer of Agenda in regards to incorporating the google calendars? (I don't think I expressed it correctly - not actually importing, but feeding from the synergy calendars)

    Also could there be an option to assign a task for days/months? That would help w project mgmt. Or maybe that ought to be a separate app PlanMyProject! That is exactly what I need (no syncing necessary). Would that be something you'd consider? I'd definitely donate/pay for an app like that.
  11. kr_ke's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you can collaborate with the developer of Agenda in regards to incorporating the google calendars? (I don't think I expressed it correctly - not actually importing, but feeding from the synergy calendars)

    Also could there be an option to assign a task for days/months? That would help w project mgmt. Or maybe that ought to be a separate app PlanMyProject! That is exactly what I need (no syncing necessary). Would that be something you'd consider? I'd definitely donate/pay for an app like that.
    I checked agenda already out. Great App!! But the way agenda accesses the calendar is not supported by palm officially. So no was to get in the App catalog :-(

    But I will try to find out other ways to import from the calendar(s).

    What do you mean with "an option to assign a task for days/months"? Because my mother language is not english please give me some further explanation ...

    Regards, Klaus
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kr_ke View Post
    What do you mean with "an option to assign a task for days/months"? Because my mother language is not english please give me some further explanation ...
    Klaus, I think he's saying he wants to put something on his calendar sometime ahead of "today" and have it automatically import into the days task list when the given day arises. (I think it's the same feature is "synergy calendar import" that he or others are requesting.)

    I'm going to download your app now and give it a try for today. It sounds like a nice idea. I used to use a PalmOS app called "Life Balance" which is probably similar (possibly more advanced). Your English comes across in a very beautiful way. Thanks for developing your app on WebOS. I will try and give you feedback after I have a chance to use it for a while!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  13. #13  
    sorry for delayed reply.

    in the duration option, the maximum is 12hrs. I realize it is called planmy day and not plan my year but like I said, an app like planmyproject might look into this.

    thx for bringing this to webos!
  14. gharkay's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #14  
    Hi Klaus,

    PlanMyDay is definitely one of the most useful applications on my Pre! If you are continuing to develop it I would be glad to donate to the cause. My time management skills are poor, and your app helps me stay on track.

    I have a couple of suggestions to improve the application:

    1) An option to "clear all" so that it isn't necessary to swipe away a lot of items at the end of the day.

    2) A list of inactive items that can be included as necessary in the main day's list. I guess this is similar to Ckarath's idea of putting items on hold.

    Anyway, thanks for a very useful app!

Posting Permissions