Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Continued good work jetsfandb, I'm here with yet another quick suggestion: While you're scrolling through comments you have no real visual indicator on how far down the page of comments you actually are so some type of visual cue to let you know how long the page is and your current position might be helpful (also if you want to bounce down a little more quickly to say - avoid the top pun thread of the comments section).
    I will definitely look into it, but for now I will table it until the next major task is done which is fleshing out the subreddit, until they are much closer to the actual site. I've been pushing it off for a couple versions now, and I would like to finally nail this one.
    great work! I'm loving the swipe to hide feature.

A couple of other small feature requests:

gesture area + tap -> open article in separate browser card
    ability to set the default start page to one of the categories (top, hot, etc).

thanks
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by dipdeol View Post
    great work! I'm loving the swipe to hide feature.

A couple of other small feature requests:

gesture area + tap -> open article in separate browser card
    ability to set the default start page to one of the categories (top, hot, etc).

thanks
    I'll add those to the list of requested features.
    Loving .60, thanks!

Noticed that your roadmap doesn't have any plan for messaging? is it possible? would be great to have the ol' orangered envelope as one of those buttons on the bottom :-)
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Loving .60, thanks!

Noticed that your roadmap doesn't have any plan for messaging? is it possible? would be great to have the ol' orangered envelope as one of those buttons on the bottom :-)
    I did some research and most of messaging is doable so I will update roadmap to include messaging after reddits are done. Compose a message requires captcha, so I'm not sure that part is doable, but the rest looks ok.
  6.    #46  
    So my real job recent workload and a late night poker game, stalled development for a couple of days.
    If should have most of today to myself so I've started 0.7.0.
    When complete you should be able to list, search for and subscribe/unsubscribe to any reddit.
    Unfortunately the subscription will not be able to sync with Reddit until they add an API function to retrieve all reddits subscribed by the user, or I discover that they have it and I just couldn't find it.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, there's an app for Android called "Reddit is fun" whose dev has some stuff on github.

API - all functions - reddit-is-fun - GitHub

...but I couldn't find anything helpful.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi, there's an app for Android called "Reddit is fun" whose dev has some stuff on github.

API - all functions - reddit-is-fun - GitHub

...but I couldn't find anything helpful.
    I know. Its how I was able to complete half the API calls.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Who says Google and Palm can't be friends?
  10.    #50  
    So, in what can only be described as true Homer Simpson moment, I discovered that I can retrieve a users subscriptions from /reddits/mine. D'oh!

I was going to release 0.7.0 tonight but in light of this, I will push it back a couple of days to use Reddit's list instead of my internal one, as well as retool the subreddit form to more correctly handle 'popular/new/my reddits' as well as subfunctions for each; Search on popular OR new, subscriber/contributor/moderator selection for 'my reddits'.
  11.    #51  
    Looks like I will be able to release 0.7.0 tonight after all! Subreddits should have full functionality.
    That is you will be able to:
    - Browse all the subreddits.
    - Browse new subreddits.
    - Search the subreddits.
    - View your current subreddits lists as either subscriber, contributor or moderator.
    - Add or remove any subreddit from the above lists using the familiar +/- frontpage button.
  12.    #52  
    UPDATE
    0.7.0 is out! Check OP for details

Tomorrow starts 0.8.0 Messaging (orangered envelope time!).
  13.    #53  
    NEWS FLASH!

Preddit is now Open Source

jetsfandb's Preddit at master - GitHub

All those interested in taking it to the next level, have at it!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    hey jetsfandb, love your app and the work you've done!
    I hope you haven't let up.
    I use preddit every single day, I'd support you with a purchase if you ever decide to charge for it via app catalog.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    hey jetsfandb, love your app and the work you've done!
    I hope you haven't let up.
    I use preddit every single day, I'd support you with a purchase if you ever decide to charge for it via app catalog.
    Hi and thanks for the feed back.
    First, I haven't volutarily let up, but due to my real job workload (basically 6 days a week unttul July) and a change in my wife's work schedule, I have not had any time to devote to it.
    I do plan on tackling some more as soon as I can. I'm just not sure how soon that will be.
    I did open source the project so that anyone is free to work on it.

Also, as far as app stores it willl always be free so save your money, or make a donation instead to a worthwhile charity.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    so i have installed this on my palm pixi and I cannot get past the login. I do not see a submit button (is it at the bottom and not properly formated for the smaller pixi screen?) and if I hit enter it just bounces between username and password.

HELP! Also neat looking app from the pictures. Very excited to get to using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkuslak View Post
    so i have installed this on my palm pixi and I cannot get past the login. I do not see a submit button (is it at the bottom and not properly formated for the smaller pixi screen?) and if I hit enter it just bounces between username and password.

HELP! Also neat looking app from the pictures. Very excited to get to using it.
    Same here.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by legfry52 View Post
    Same here.
    Using the back gesture will save your user id and password and log you in.
    Can anyone confirm a report of Preddit failing?

EDIT: The link to the source above in post 53 is still valid. https://github.com/jetsfandb/Preddit
    The nearest thing I can find to an API: https://github.com/reddit/node-api-client
    Maybe this is useful? https://github.com/reddit/reddit-mobile / https://github.com/reddit/reddit-mobile/wiki
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/21/2016 at 10:12 PM.
    UPDATE, 30/07/2017: This app has now been patched to an extent by the original fault reporter, so I'm calling it 'saved'.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast