Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Loving the progress, just tested logging in, voting, and posting a comment, very good work!

One suggestion I would definitely like to put forward from this point is some configurable toggle option to automatically have linked reddit pages open in your app instead of the browser - would be clutch for my personal usage (I use google reader and get updates to my sub-reddits that way). Might just be me and my use case but I could see many others wanting this functionality as well at some point or another.

Otherwise like I said, great and fast progress, it's really shaping up well
    land scape mode, with a zoom feature, or bigger up/down vote buttons.

what about a subreddit menu?
  3.    #23  
    UPDATE
    Version 0.4.0 Has been submitted.

Changes:

- Added popular subreddit list and selection.
    - Increases size of voting buttons.
    - Added Save button to Preferences.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by atomichumbucker View Post
    land scape mode, with a zoom feature, or bigger up/down vote buttons.

what about a subreddit menu?
    As you can see from tonight's update subreddits (at least the popular ones), and larger vote buttons are done.

That being said would you still want to be able to switch to landscape mode? I've thought about that once or twice before but I would prefer to hear for you and others before implementing.

Also for anyone out there that has grabbed 0.4.0, I would appreciate any feedback regarding the larger buttons. I don't want to make them any larger than they need to be to maintain the Reddit look/feel as much as practical, but I will make the usability the priority of course.
    I am active in a couple not-so-popular subreddits... any chance of getting access to any and all subreddits and not just the popular ones? Not being picky, just would like to know if it's in the works! It looks great so far, thanks for doing it.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I am active in a couple not-so-popular subreddits... any chance of getting access to any and all subreddits and not just the popular ones? Not being picky, just would like to know if it's in the works! It looks great so far, thanks for doing it.
    It was always my intention to eventually access them all. In the near future I will attempt modify the /r listing to list new subreddits. Could you let me know which ones you are active in so I can make sure they are included in any lists of subreddits I get from the server?
  7.    #27  
    General Note

Thank you all for your feedback. I have been getting some great input so far toward features (isn't the reddit community awesome?).

I would just like to please ask that before posting feature requests, please refer back to the original post. It is a 'living documen' so to speak. As I receive feedback, I update the notes and roadmap to reflect features scheduled to be added.

I suppose should probably start a small website for this which would be more appropriate for checking for planned features etc, or even one for myself in general, but alas, theres only so many hours in a day and most of them are claimed by real job and family.

Thank you again for your great support.
    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the great app. I'm not so fond of Reddit's mobile site, or browsing the full thing on my Pre - and I was hoping someone would make this app.

Thanks for being someone.
  9.    #29  
    UPDATE
    0.5.0 is out. See OP for details.

Up next:

More complete subreddit.
    Because I have not come across away to get a list subreddits a user is subscribed to, here is what I am currently planning on doing:

Keep a list local list subscribed reddits based on any found from the front page. Any time a new one is found it will be added to the list. This way after you subscribe from the web site, the next time a submission is read from that subreddit it will be added.

A selection of subscribed reddits will be provided to jump straight to them.

The current reddits list form will be modified as follows:
    - Walking through the list of all reddits navigating backwords and forwards, same as the website. I will most likely add a subscribe/unsubscribe button, however due to the problem stated earlier it may not reflect the actual subscribed status, but rather whatever has been determined so from the front page, plus any new subscriptions selected.
    - A search will be available to filter listing.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever I return to the main page after reading comments or something it forces a refresh of the page and sits there for a second or two. This is really annoying.

Reddit doesn't change that much, can we just refresh it ourselves after a while or have it on a timer? Refreshing after you view each link is overkill and kills the user experience.

Please at least have an option to turn off the refreshes.

Thank you, this app is a godsend webOS redditor's everywhere are thankful!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever I return to the main page after reading comments or something it forces a refresh of the page and sits there for a second or two. This is really annoying.
    You are correct. This is not the intended behavior and was the result of a change for a specific circumstance.

I will address this ASAP and should have a fix in tonight.
  12.    #32  
    UPDATE
    0.5.1 is now available. Only change is a fix to the refresh behavior when returning to the main form.
    Nice work. A Reddit app was really the one thing I was waiting for.

Looking forward to further developments with this app.
    Two things:

1. I would like access to the URL of a page after I visit it within the app (so I can copy it to share with friends on IM, email, twitter, etc.)
    2. When I click a link from a website within the app, nothing happens. Can you have it open up a new Web window?
    awesome app. All it needs now is swipe to hide (no prompt) for articles
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dipdeol View Post
    awesome app. All it needs now is swipe to hide (no prompt) for articles
    An interersting idea. If the API call exists, and I can figure it out I will add it.
  17.    #37  
    Update
    You can now follow between versions progress at Preddit on Twitter
    Awesome progress. Thanks for being so open about the development.
  19.    #39  
    Update
    Version 0.6.0 is now available. See OP for details.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Continued good work jetsfandb, I'm here with yet another quick suggestion: While you're scrolling through comments you have no real visual indicator on how far down the page of comments you actually are so some type of visual cue to let you know how long the page is and your current position might be helpful (also if you want to bounce down a little more quickly to say - avoid the top pun thread of the comments section).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast