Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What does an unlimited owner need to do to upgrade from 1.1.3 to the latest version?
    I've been using the free version for a long time and haven't come across any limits yet.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalfan View Post
    What does an unlimited owner need to do to upgrade from 1.1.3 to the latest version?
    Start your app launcher and launch the App Catalog. Then enter 'Databank Unlimited' as your search keyword. Once you find the app, press on the download button to begin the uodate.
    After working for quite a while, I finally figured out importing data. I had a list of over 200 books by my favorite authors and I sure did not want to type them on the Pre keyboard. If I were to want to put together a tutorial on how to do an import, where would I send it? If I post it here, it will just get buried over time.
  5.    #105  
    After working for quite a while, I finally figured out importing data. I had a list of over 200 books by my favorite authors and I sure did not want to type them on the Pre keyboard. If I were to want to put together a tutorial on how to do an import, where would I send it? If I post it here, it will just get buried over time.
    Hi loyalfan,

We're currently rebuilding our help page with more details on some of the new features we've implemented. If you would like, we would be happy to review your documentation and build a space for user contributions with your ID, name, and/or contact information for your the credits and efforts.

let us know at webossolutions@i-eshop.com. Thanks!
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by afoulds View Post
    looking at the way apps work I suppose you are not allowed to slide stuff sideways as that is the delete "swipe".
    I'm not sure I get the picture for the grid like format, I am imagining title field then a couple of fields then spilling over into a new row but with the space under title field blank.
    An example of a view I use is where I see rows of job name, cost, item, id. It isn't much use to see cost but not know what I bought. To keep track of receipts I use a unique id field which is an integer uniquely associated with that record.
    I don't know much about other peoples use of databases, mine tend to function as a cross between a spreadsheet for the calculations and a database for the filtering!
    I collect client name, job details, time rate or job estimate from one database
    then record time started and finished, costs of materials bought, extra costs incurred, to calculate total job time and job cost and then record income. I then filter records to look at income from various sources and purchases attributed to different clients.
    We're finding ourselves having the need to have at least 3 viewable fields for each row. Perhaps we can take baby steps first by implementing a new formula command that will enable users to include more fields. We'll test and explore this option and keep you posted.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    Start your app launcher and launch the App Catalog. Then enter 'Databank Unlimited' as your search keyword. Once you find the app, press on the download button to begin the uodate.
    What does the paid version offer that the free version doesn't? I've been using it for months and haven't come across any limitations.
    This might even be worth a post on Precentral. I've been thinking about writing a review or a quick app about My Databank because it's one of my favorite and most useful apps. I can't promise anything but I think it would make an interesting post. I'm back logged on articles right now but let me know when you finish it and if I'm caught up on work, I'll see if I can do it.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Mylott View Post
    What does the paid version offer that the free version doesn't? I've been using it for months and haven't come across any limitations.
    Hi Nathan,

Both apps are identical with the only exception in that the free version is limited to 127 item records with mobile ads.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Mylott View Post
    This might even be worth a post on Precentral. I've been thinking about writing a review or a quick app about My Databank because it's one of my favorite and most useful apps. I can't promise anything but I think it would make an interesting post. I'm back logged on articles right now but let me know when you finish it and if I'm caught up on work, I'll see if I can do it.
    That's great. The new help documentation should be completed by the end of this Wednesday and should be directly accessible through the Help menu within the app.

We're including more visuals to help users have a better understanding of My DataBank especially now that we're gradually unleashing more of the advanced features of My Databank which include drop down lookup lists, running totals or differences, date manipulation functions, and other improvements.

My DataBank may become overwhelming for the novice user compared to it's original release, so it will be important for us to layout better documentation and keep as much of the advanced features behind the scenes. Our next major focus will be implementation of encryption, data cloud sharing, and perhaps expanding support for more fields (e.g, text6...text10).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Minor bug in version 1.1.6:

Renamed a category name, returned to the Category list, old name was still showing. Exiting MyDatabank, and rerunning will show the new category name.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Minor bug in version 1.1.6:

Renamed a category name, returned to the Category list, old name was still showing. Exiting MyDatabank, and rerunning will show the new category name.
    Hi aa6vh, this has been corrected in version 1.1.8. Thanks for the feedback!
  13.    #113  
    My DataBank v1.1.12 and My DataBank Unlimited v1.1.8 are now available in the App Catalog.

Help support My DataBank by voting the app as Best Productivity app for 2010 in the PreCentral.net Best of 2010 Apps:

http://www.precentral.net/vote-prece...st-2010-awards

* New features include import/export encryption for sharing and data backup. Previously, exporting your data resulted in an MDB format that is proprietary but still in readable text. Added protection can now be applied by assigning a default encryption key which will be used as an optional key to encrypt all of your text, integer, and date values within the MDB format.

It is very important that if you choose to encrypt your exported data, make sure you don't forget your encryption key in order to decrypt your data during import.

* Running totals and differences are now supported. If you're looking to design custom categories that require some form of running totals or differences which are often helpful in apps like monitoring gas mileage or accounting balances, these new functions will come in very handy. You can get instant running calculations with a press of a button. See the help section under the Advanced tab on examples of how to use these functions.

* Lookup fields are now supported. If you're finding yourself having to enter values that already exist as Item values from a different Category, this new feature will solve your troubles. Lookup fields can be used to pull all the item values from another category allowing you to choose from a pull-down menu to help streamline your data entry tasks. See the help section under the Advanced tab on examples of how to use this function.

* Date function now implemented. Date fields are stored in the number of milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970. This makes comparing dates and extracting specific date and time values possible. However, the formulas for extracting information can be lengthy. In response to this challenge, the fdate() function has been created to make it easier to extract specific date and time portions of a date value rather than fumbling with long formulas to deal with millisecond values.

As always, let us know if you have any questions, assistance, or suggestions with My DataBank!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hi aa6vh, this has been corrected in version 1.1.8. Thanks for the feedback!
    Thank you. I can confirm that it is fixed.

And I like the changes in the latest version. It makes this program much more powerful.

Okay, enough of the kudos.

I have a "user interface" issue:

If you bring up a record, make a change, then press the "Next" (or "Prior") button, the changes you make are lost. If you press the "Update" button, you then loose your place in the list. This makes it much more difficult if you want to go through your entire list making generic changes.

A suggestion is to make "Update" the default action when leaving a record, either by the back swipe or by the Next/Prior buttons. Add a new button, "Cancel", that would be used if the user decided he/she did not want to make those changes.

This does seem to be the standard way of operations for other Web OS programs. Of course a big warning would be appropriate if you do make this change.

Thanks again.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Thank you. I can confirm that it is fixed.

And I like the changes in the latest version. It makes this program much more powerful.

Okay, enough of the kudos.

I have a "user interface" issue:

If you bring up a record, make a change, then press the "Next" (or "Prior") button, the changes you make are lost. If you press the "Update" button, you then loose your place in the list. This makes it much more difficult if you want to go through your entire list making generic changes.

A suggestion is to make "Update" the default action when leaving a record, either by the back swipe or by the Next/Prior buttons. Add a new button, "Cancel", that would be used if the user decided he/she did not want to make those changes.

This does seem to be the standard way of operations for other Web OS programs. Of course a big warning would be appropriate if you do make this change.

Thanks again.
    Hi aa6vh, those are good suggestions. We can look into detecting value changes to prompt users for update confirmations prior to moving to the previous or next record. Losing your place in the Items List screen after updating detail item values have become a concern especially for users with lots of data; we've got this one on our enhancement list. Let us know if you find other areas that have room for improvement. Thanks!
    I'm looking for My Databank to replace an app I used to have on my Treo-HanDBase. I already use it to replace several things I used HanDBase for, this one I cant figure out.
    I need to make a list of expenses I get reimbursed for, and have a running total (I figured out the running total part), but what I'd like is the ability to filter out things I've been paid for, HanDBase had check boxes and I could check the paid items and hide them, so the total would only show the unpaid items. But then I could turn off the filter to see everything-useful for double checking "did that get paid?". Is this possible?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm looking for My Databank to replace an app I used to have on my Treo-HanDBase. I already use it to replace several things I used HanDBase for, this one I cant figure out.
    I need to make a list of expenses I get reimbursed for, and have a running total (I figured out the running total part), but what I'd like is the ability to filter out things I've been paid for, HanDBase had check boxes and I could check the paid items and hide them, so the total would only show the unpaid items. But then I could turn off the filter to see everything-useful for double checking "did that get paid?". Is this possible?
    Hi broncot, My DataBank can accommodate this requirement for you through Query Filters. Here's how you can accomplish this.

Assuming bit1 is reserved as your checkbox field for "Paid off" and text5 is already reserved as a field to hold your formulas, you can append the following formula to the existing running total formula in text5:

where bit1 != 'true';

Once this formula has been applied, your Items List will only show items that have not been paid off. A button will also appear that will enable you to turn on or turn off this Query Filter instantly.

Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!
    Hi broncot, My DataBank can accommodate this requirement for you through Query Filters. Here's how you can accomplish this.

Assuming bit1 is reserved as your checkbox field for "Paid off" and text5 is already reserved as a field to hold your formulas, you can append the following formula to the existing running total formula in text5:

where bit1 != 'true';

Once this formula has been applied, your Items List will only show items that have not been paid off. A button will also appear that will enable you to turn on or turn off this Query Filter instantly.

Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!
    WOW! That worked perfectly! The only thing I would like to know to make this 1000% perfect is how to eliminate the extra Summary stuff (average, maximum, minimum & difference), as I just need the total.
    Thanks for the fast response!
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    WOW! That worked perfectly! The only thing I would like to know to make this 1000% perfect is how to eliminate the extra Summary stuff (average, maximum, minimum & difference), as I just need the total.
    Thanks for the fast response!
    Hi broncot, the summary stuff can't be tweaked but now that you've mentioned it, we'll consider putting it on our list of additional enhancements. We'll do what we can to make the app 1000% perfect. Thanks for your feedback!
  20.    #120  
    My DataBank v1.1.15 and My DataBank Unlimited v1.1.11 are now available in the App Catalog.

Change Logs are now listed in the Help option of My DataBank at the bottom of the Contacts page. Here are the details:

1. Changes made in the Item Details screen will prompt for update before leaving (applies to text and integer fields at this time - date and bit fields are scheduled for future release). Previously, users were not warned about changes resulting in lost entries.

2. Shared Categories corrected. Previously, an error message appeared due to a recent change in server relocation.

3. Cell items for each row are now top-aligned.

4. Fixed Key Filter from Item List screen. Previously, Key Filtering would not respond properly after visiting the Item Detail screen.

5. Enhanced Key Filter to include search in extra field 1. Previously, Key Filtering only searched within the title (name) field.

6. Support for new row in Item List for displaying 2 extra fields implemented. Previously, only 1 extra field could be displayed in the Item Detail screen.

To enable the display for the second row to support more fields, go to the Setup screen and turn on the option:

Then adjust the 2 new fields to reflect the fields you want shown when viewing from the Item List screen:

Now you can view more information instantly without having to click each item for the Item details!

As always, let us know if you have any questions, assistance, or suggestions with My DataBank!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast