Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 124
  1. #41  
    +1 i like this app alot. I use it @ work. I only really use the "To Do" put of the app. I wish someone would release an app with JUST the "To Do" Format without all of the extras. But over all i like the app
  2. nettyspre's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #42  
    any news if the stored photos already on the device might be added in a future update?
    so we can "put away" photos we take with our phones?

    thanks
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Force_Recon6 View Post
    +1 i like this app alot. I use it @ work. I only really use the "To Do" put of the app. I wish someone would release an app with JUST the "To Do" Format without all of the extras. But over all i like the app
    Actually, the basis of My DataBank originated from the concept of a tool that could provide "To Do" type of lists. However, ideas and suggestions kept forming and rather than building dedicated apps, it seemed to make better sense to streamline and combine all the functionality as much as possible to help reduce our duplicate development efforts and help consumers avoid the cost of having multiple apps. Thanks for the compliment!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by nettyspre View Post
    any news if the stored photos already on the device might be added in a future update?
    so we can "put away" photos we take with our phones?

    thanks
    Good news. We've just confirmed that we will be able to accommodate this feature in a future release. Similar to the photo file picker from the standard Photo app, you'll be able to select the photos in your list that will automatically transfer the file location into a text field within My DataBank.

    Just an FYI, there are currently 5 common ways to get photos into your Palm Pre. 1) Via download from an e-mail attachment, 2) Taking photos directly with the Camera, 3) Screenshots holding the option button+ Sym + P, 4) Capturing images on a browser using the option button and pressing the image, and 5) Connecting the device to your laptop/desktop via USB and transferring your images/photos as you would a removable hard drive.
  5.    #45  
    My DataBank Unlimited is now available in the Palm App Catalog. This is the non-free version which removes the following:

    * Mobile Ads
    * Record Limitations

    And now includes the following features:

    * Landscape Orientation now supported
    * Standard webOS graphical user interface

    If you have Categories and Items already created in My DataBank, you can follow these steps to export and import them into My DataBank Unlimited so you can skip any effort in retyping the data:

    1. Export and backup all your existing Categories and Items into an eMail or Memo. Launch My DataBank. From the Category List screen, press on the pull down menu on the top-left and select 'Export', 'Backup All Data'.

    2. You should see 2 eMails pop up giving you an opportunity to provide your eMail Address so you can send it to yourself as a Backup copy. Or if you prefer, you can copy the data and paste it into a Memo using the Memos app (remember to use Select All to ensure all your data has been selected in yellow before copying).

    3. Launch My DataBank Unlimited. Upon first use, the default Categories will automatically be created.

    4. Delete the automatically created default Categories. From the Category List screen, press on the pull down menu on the top-left and select 'Import', 'Delete'. 'Delete All Categories'.

    5. Copy your backed-up Categories data from your eMail inbox (or Memo if saved through the Memo app). Your backed-up Categories data should begin with the words 'db_categorytype'. From the eMail app or Memo app, press on the data then press on the pull down menu on the top-left. Then select 'Edit', 'Select All' which should highlight all of the data in yellow. Then return to the pull down menu and select 'Edit', 'Copy' to copy all the data into your clipboard.

    6. Paste and Import your Categories from your clipboard into My DataBank Unlimited. Return to My DataBank Unlimited. Press on the data then press on the pull down menu on the top-left. Then select 'Import', 'Append Categories' which should take you to the Import Data screen. Next, press on the pull down menu and select 'Edit', 'Paste' to paste all the data into the screen. Finally, press on the Import button. Your Categories from My DataBank should now be restored to My DataBank Unlimited.

    7. Now copy your backed-up Items data from your eMail inbox (or Memo if saved through the Memo app). Your backed-up Items data should begin with the words 'db_items'. From the eMail app or Memo app, press on the data then press on the pull down menu on the top-left. Then select 'Edit', 'Select All' which should highlight all of the data in yellow. Then return to the pull down menu and select 'Edit', 'Copy' to copy all the data into your clipboard.

    8. Paste and Import your Items from your clipboard into My DataBank Unlimited. Return to My DataBank Unlimited. Press on the pull down menu on the top-left. Then select 'Import', 'Append Items' which should take you to the Import Data screen. Then press on the pull down menu and select 'Edit', 'Paste' to paste all the data into the screen. Finally, press on the Import button. Your Items from My DataBank should now be restored to My DataBank Unlimited.

    If you have questions or need assistance, please let us know. Enjoy!
  6. #46  
    I am unable to download the free version through the app catalog, it says installing.... but never completes. I get a notification that says it was installed, but when I click on the icon, it takes me to the app catalog page showing my installed apps-without My DataBank.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I am unable to download the free version through the app catalog, it says installing.... but never completes. I get a notification that says it was installed, but when I click on the icon, it takes me to the app catalog page showing my installed apps-without My DataBank.
    This is a common problem for some users that have installed PreWare. However, they have successfully managed to install My DataBank and other apps by using webOS Quick Install. Try using webOS Quick Install.

    We aren't quite sure whether the problem is due to issues with PreWare or the Palm App Catalog. Last I checked the debate was still ongoing. We hope version 1.4 webOS update resolves this issue if it truly is in Palm's court.

    One thing we are certain about is that webOS app developers do not have any control over the installation process. If installation works on our device and through the emulator, we can only be confident that it will work in the actual production environment. Hope this helps!
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    This is a common problem for some users that have installed PreWare. However, they have successfully managed to install My DataBank and other apps by using webOS Quick Install. Try using webOS Quick Install.

    We aren't quite sure whether the problem is due to issues with PreWare or the Palm App Catalog. Last I checked the debate was still ongoing. We hope version 1.4 webOS update resolves this issue if it truly is in Palm's court.

    One thing we are certain about is that webOS app developers do not have any control over the installation process. If installation works on our device and through the emulator, we can only be confident that it will work in the actual production environment. Hope this helps!
    I was able to install it fine, thanks.
    Wondering if I can get some help importing files from my Treo & HanDBase. I get errors when trying to import the csv I exported. I'm sure it's user error, are there dummy proof directions somewhere?
    Thanks
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I was able to install it fine, thanks.
    Wondering if I can get some help importing files from my Treo & HanDBase. I get errors when trying to import the csv I exported. I'm sure it's user error, are there dummy proof directions somewhere?
    Thanks
    No problem. Send us a sample of your HanDBase CSV data so we can get familiar with the data structure. Then we can build a category for you and help you get familiar with some of the tools and importing your data.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    No problem. Send us a sample of your HanDBase CSV data so we can get familiar with the data structure. Then we can build a category for you and help you get familiar with some of the tools and importing your data.
    Ok, how do I send it to you? Doesn't look like I can send an attachment via pm.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Ok, how do I send it to you? Doesn't look like I can send an attachment via pm.
    Send it to webossolutions@i-eshop.com. Thx
  12. #52  
    I'm now moving to to entering new categories, and wondering if there is an option for sorting I'm missing.
    I'd like to sort by date, but with the newest on top. When I set primary sort by date, the newest is on the bottom.
    Thanks
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm now moving to to entering new categories, and wondering if there is an option for sorting I'm missing.
    I'd like to sort by date, but with the newest on top. When I set primary sort by date, the newest is on the bottom.
    Thanks
    Hi broncot, go to the Category setup screen for that particular category. Then scroll down to Primary Sort and select date1 descending (assuming the date field you are referring to is associated with date1 and not date2 or date3 etc.). This will reverse the sort order logic to show the most recent dates to appear at the top. Hope this helps!
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    Hi broncot, go to the Category setup screen for that particular category. Then scroll down to Primary Sort and select date1 descending (assuming the date field you are referring to is associated with date1 and not date2 or date3 etc.). This will reverse the sort order logic to show the most recent dates to appear at the top. Hope this helps!
    That did it! I didn't scroll down far enough to see that option, very nice!
  15. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #55  
    What does the update to v.1.1.5 do???
  16.    #56  
    This update now includes the following enhancements and advanced features:


    * Choose phone numbers and eMails from your Contacts app.
    Previously, you would need to manually type in contact numbers to enter numbers that already existed in your Contacts app; now the Contacts app has been integrated by allowing you to press the input value button from the Item Detail screen.

    * Choose filename locations for your Photos/Music/Video/Documents locally on your webOS smartphone.
    Previously, you would need to manually type in file paths to your documents that already existed in your device; now the File chooser has been integrated by allowing you to press the input value button from the Item Detail screen.

    * Generate and eMail your Items as a datasheet Report.
    Now you can send all your items as an eMail instantly from the Item List screen. Press on the pull down menu (top-left) and select Email Items Report.

    * Delete all Items for any specific Category.
    Previously, you were limited to deleting each item from a Category; Now you can delete all the Items instantly. From the Item List screen, press on the pull down menu (top-left) and select Delete All These Items.

    * Export all Items for any specific Category.
    Previously, you were limited to exporting all your Items for each Category; Now you can export all your Items for individual Categories instantly. From the Item List screen, press on the pull down menu (top-left) and select Export All These Items.

    * Send an SMS message to all recipients for any specific Category.
    Previously, the ability to send SMS Text Messages to all the recipients in your Items List was unavailable; now you can. From the Item List screen, scroll to the bottom and press on the Output button, then select the Messaging App (Make sure you are sending Mobile Numbers).

    * Quick column switching view on Item lists.
    Previously, you would need to press on the Setup Category button to change the secondary column to view from the Item List screen. Now a direct button is available from the Item List screen allowing you to switch between fields instantly.

    * Supports basic formula calculations against field values.
    For advanced users, basic formula calculations can now be used to initialize values or manipulate values. For example (Assuming Int1's Field title is "Total Cost", and Int2's Field title is "Units", and Int3's Field title is "Price"), the following value entered as the Field Title for text5 could automatically generate the Total Cost after pressing on the update button from the Item Detail Screen:

    = Int1 = Int2 * Int3

    Thus, Total Cost would instantly become $40 if you enter units as 2 and price as 20 from the Item Detail Screen.

    * Supports basic conditional comparison logic against field values.
    For advanced users, conditional statements can be used for validation before performing a basic formula calculation. For example (Using the example above with bit1's Field title as "Expired"), the following value entered as the Field Title for text5 could be used to ignore the formula if the Expired checkbox is marked/true:

    = if bit1 == false then Int1 = Int2 * Int3

    Thus, the formula would be ignored if the Expired checkbox is checked.


    * Supports query filtering logic against Item lists.
    For advanced users, query filtering in the form of an SQL statement can now be used to hide records from your list. For example (Assuming Date1's Field title is "Completed Date"), if you wanted to only view pending items in your list and hide items that have been completed, the following value entered as the Field Title for text5 could be used:

    = where date1 = ''

    Categories that have Query Filter formulas will also show the button 'Disable Query Filter' from the Item list screen to allow you to view all the records for your list instantly.

    Details on these advanced features are currently being worked on and updated in the Help option from the My DataBank app.


    Enjoy!
  17. cb2234's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #57  
    Is there a way to prevent entries in integer fields from dropping decimals? For instance if I enter 1.8 into and integer field it is automatically rounded up to 2.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by cb2234 View Post
    Is there a way to prevent entries in integer fields from dropping decimals? For instance if I enter 1.8 into and integer field it is automatically rounded up to 2.
    cb2234, we will include a fix for that in our next update. The only temporary fix which of course isn't ideal may be to set the field as currency which will except 2 decimal points.
  19. #59  
    I am using My Databank to track business miles on my car. I need to send the data to My expense reporting tool. Everything looks great except I cannot figure out the format of the date field. Any help would be appreciated.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalfan View Post
    I am using My Databank to track business miles on my car. I need to send the data to My expense reporting tool. Everything looks great except I cannot figure out the format of the date field. Any help would be appreciated.
    loyalfan, the date field is in the javascript standard format which represent the number of milliseconds since the midnight of Jan 1, 1970. You can also try using the MDF (My DataBank Format) to CSV (Comma Separated Values) online converter tool to automatically convert the date values to the mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format:

    http://i-eshop.com/mydatabank/convert.html

    Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions