Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick bug fix--the one item I had stored came back just fine--no missing data. I really looking forward to an easier import system
  2.    #22  
    *** MY DATABANK ON HOLD ***

We have put My DataBank on hold to prevent further updates through PreWare. PreWare appears to delete the existing My DataBank application from your Pre including data previously entered prior to installation!

We will need to continue to investigate this issue and see if there are any solutions before releasing My DataBank through PreWare.
  3.    #23  
    Hi Dump71,

Can you tell us what version of PreWare you are using? (Under PreWare, Help) Thanks!

By the way, the CSV to MDF Online Converter is now available at: http://www.i-eshop.com/mydatabank/convert.html
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    My Preware version is 0.9.18. Thanks for the link to the online converter
    I'm getting an ipk error when I try to update. Thats probably because you pulled it from Preware? Hopefully you will post it again soon because I really like the potential this app has.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #26  
    I've reposted version 1.1.3. The case of the previously deleted Items I've encountered after installation through PreWare may have been related to an older version of my PreWare (0.9.8) compared to dump71's (0.9.18) or the lastest PreWare update.

Coincidentally, I too encountered the IPK error attempting to update my PreWare app to the latest version. We're at least relieved to hear that app updates generally won't affect previously entered data stored in the database (assuming users are on the latest PreWare version). But it's always a good habit to Export/Backup your My DataBank information just in case.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm having this problem installing MyDatabank -- it downloads from the App catalog but then won't install.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...31#post2209931

Seems to only be your app and one other (Geotasks). All other apps d/l and install correctly.

Any help?
    oertuser, recall that I entered a large number of items into My Databank (v1.1.3) and discovered a limit, which I'm guessing is around 4,000 at the moment, which is ok for right now because I'm still testing.

However, when I asked it to Backup All Data, it only exported the categories; and when I asked to Export Items, it doesn't seem to have done anything. Is there an error log I can look at and send to you?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
    I'm having this problem installing MyDatabank -- it downloads from the App catalog but then won't install.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...31#post2209931

Seems to only be your app and one other (Geotasks). All other apps d/l and install correctly.

Any help?
    Hi Jayrot, Unless you already have version 1.1.3 installed through PreWare, installs will not overwrite the same version already installed. I would suggest exporting both your tables (Categories & Items) and eMailing them to youself. From the Category Setup screen, press on top-left pull down menu, select Export, Backup All Data. This will give you an opportunity to eMail both tables to yourself or Copy & Paste the data into a Memo.

Once you have confirmed that both tables have been backed up through your eMail inbox and/or your Memo pad, delete the My DataBank app from your Pre.

Then download a new My DataBank copy from the App Catalog. After My DataBank has created all of it's default Categories, remove them. From the Category Setup screen, press on top-left pull down menu, select Import, Delete, Delete All Categories.

At this point you can restore all of your backed up data into My DataBank. You can start with the Categories first. From the Category Setup screen, press on top-left pull down menu, select Import, Append Categories. In the next screen Copy and Paste your Category table data (first several characters of data should appear: db_categorytype). Then press on the Import button.

Then you can finish the backup by restoring all your Items. From the Category Setup screen, press on top-left pull down menu, select Import, Append Items. In the next screen Copy and Paste your Items table data (first several characters of data should appear: db_items). Then press on the Import button.

Hope this helps!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by KerwoodDerby View Post
    oertuser, recall that I entered a large number of items into My Databank (v1.1.3) and discovered a limit, which I'm guessing is around 4,000 at the moment, which is ok for right now because I'm still testing.

However, when I asked it to Backup All Data, it only exported the categories; and when I asked to Export Items, it doesn't seem to have done anything. Is there an error log I can look at and send to you?
    At this moment, error logs aren't recorded behind the scenes. What we can do is try the same experiment and see if we can increase the limitations to accommodate more records. If we find a solution, we'll release it on the next update along with other additional enhancements that were recommended.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    At this moment, error logs aren't recorded behind the scenes. What we can do is try the same experiment and see if we can increase the limitations to accommodate more records. If we find a solution, we'll release it on the next update along with other additional enhancements that were recommended.
    KerwoodDerby, any chance you could send us a sample CSV or the 4000 or so records you had imported into My DataBank for our experiment? If so, please send us an attachment at webossolutions@i-eshop.com. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    A fantastic app, Thank You, Thank You! Is it possible to import data from my trusty old eWallet that I've used on my Palm Treos for years?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by normatub View Post
    A fantastic app, Thank You, Thank You! Is it possible to import data from my trusty old eWallet that I've used on my Palm Treos for years?
    Hi Normatub, from the looks of the format specifications for eWallet (How do I import data from a CSV file into eWallet? .: Technical Support), it shouldn't be difficult to import your eWallet data into My DataBank.

eWallet appears to support 5 data types while My DataBank also supports 5 (x4) data types as well whether it is a text, integer, date, or boolean data type. If you could export your data from eWallet to a CSV file, it shouldn't be too difficult to import all your information into My DataBank.

If you could send us an exported sample of your eWallet data (with bogus data if you prefer) we could create the Categories so you can download them for free from the Global Categories List. Then we can assist you in how you can rearrange your CSV files so they can all fall in into the right fields from within My DataBank.

Send your attachment to webossolutions@i-eshop.com when you get a chance. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Requests: would it possible to add an additional list order to add to primary and secondary? I'd like to be able to see three columns of info on the item list.

Also, would it possible to have the universal search function include the secondary and/or additional list order?

Lastly, would it be possible to have an additional choice for send value to app for GDial?

Thanks for the consideration, and I look forward to seeing how this program develops. It is has great promise, despite the fact I'm not smart enough to figure out the import...
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    We estimate that the new release for My DataBank will be ready sometime next week. This new update will include a higher record limit so you can continue to add more records.

Also, the Online My DataBank conversion tool will be released sometime next week to facilitate easier translation from the CSV (Comma Separated Values) to the My Data Bank format. This will help advanced users with importing data from other formats into My DataBank.
    Is this out yet? I'm still confused on the import procedure and formats.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Is this out yet? I'm still confused on the import procedure and formats.
    Palmdoc2005, the converter tool has been available at http://i-eshop.com/mydatabank/convert.html

If you have a particular spreadsheet or data file you would like to import into My DataBank, send us a sample of your CSV or data file and we'll attempt to find an easy solution for you. Webossolutions@i-eshop.com
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Lastly, would it be possible to have an additional choice for send value to app for GDial?
    Nevermind this request for now, since GDial won't be developed further. Any update on the two other requests from #34? TIA
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Nevermind this request for now, since GDial won't be developed further. Any update on the two other requests from #34? TIA
    We've considered your request as a feature in My DataBank Plus so we can retain My DataBank for the average user while reserving My DataBank Plus for more advanced users like yourself. Also, these advanced features in My DataBank Plus will allow you to specify not just 2 or 3 columns but as many columns and sort orders as possible.

We can certainly inquire with the developers of gDial to see if they have enabled any inbound parameters into their application that can be used for the 'Send to App' function. Thanks for your suggestions.
  19.    #39  
    Note: For anyone having trouble trying to install My DataBank (installation indicator never ends), please try webOS Quick Install. This is a known issue for some webOS users that have previously installed PreWare. webOS application developers do not have control over Application Installs; only Palm through the Palm App Catalog (or developers of PreWare) do.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by abeebout View Post
    Actually this is a well thought out app. Pretty fast, and fairly customizable too as far as crafting your own secure storage types. Regardless, it's excellent, I have ALL of my critical user ID's, passwords and URL's entered...and I always tell my wife. "If I step in front of a bus, and my phone is not dead...you'll find our entire banking/bills info in this application". ...a bit morbid, but you never know what the day will bring. ;-)
    lol. Just make sure your wife knows your password if you have it enabled. Especially when we begin incorporating the option to encrypt (Blowfish) some of your data in one of our next update releases. This should give you the extra protection while allowing you to keep other categories unencrypted to maintain fast search and viewing performance. Rate our app in the App Catalog when you get a chance. Thanks!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast