Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    oh i understand now. it took me sometime to understand the sms feature.

by the way do you intend to do an intergrantion patch for smsing? how would that work?
  2.    #42  
    0.9.2 is out. It takes care of a buffer overflow that did reset the DB and all preset texts. Again the DB needs a reset in the beta.

I have not considered integration of SMSi and the SMS dialplan into the Pre std SMS app.

Was the integration issue the only difficult to understand topic of SMSi?
    i was in the frame of mind that everything is intergrated so i was confused =)
    Dear Dick99999,

After installing 0.9.2 beta update, the plan you instructed to me didn't work for dialing overseas number +61 (2) 92711244 to 0103361292711244. Can you please help? I included the message you sent to me before and the current active plan in my iDialPlan 0.9.2 beta.

Thanks

planName: "abroad", planVersion: "0.9.2", dialPlanChoice: "abroad", abrIntPrefix: "+", abrIntPrefixDig: "01033", abrCCode: "62", abrLDPrefix: "0", abrUseSpAChk: "false", abrCCGuess: "true", homIntPrefix: "+", homIntPrefixDig: "01033", homCCode: "62", homLDPrefix: "0", homUseSpHChk: "false", homCCGuessChk: "true", homACode: "21", abrIntSpAWait: "", abrIntSpATail: "", IntSpXGuessChk: "true", abrIntSpANumber: "", homIntSpHWait: "", homIntSpHTail: "", IntSpXCopyChk: "true", homIntSpHNumber: "", homXhPrefixSmart: "0", planSplitPhRE: "(iah)(ch)(nhq)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)(or)(iah)(cv)(lvq)(pq)(or)(iah)1(pq)(or)(iah)(\d{3}|\d{2})(lvq)(.*)( or)(iah)(pq)(or)(nhp)(pq)(or)(nh)(pq)(or)(ahzp)(pq)(or)(axp)(pq)(or)(\d{3})(\d{7}|\d{6})(or)(\d{8}|\ d{7})(or)(\*|\#)(.*)(or)(.*)", planSplitRE: "^(\+|01033)(62)(\(0\))?\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^(\+|01033)(62)(\(0?\))?\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^(\+|01033)1\(?( \d{2,4}\)?.*)|^(\+|01033)(\d{3}|\d{2})(\(0?\))?(.*)|^(\+|01033)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^(\(0\))\(?(\d{2,4} \)?.*)|^(0)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^\(0(\d+)\)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^\(([1-9]\d{2})\)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)|^(\d{3})(\d{7}|\d{6})|^(\d{8}|\d{7})|^(\*|\#)(.*)|^(.*)", planFormExpr: "(if)(1)xh)(4)(yh)(if)(5)lv)(8)(if)(9)xv)1(10)(yv)(if)(11)xv)(12)(14)(yv)(if)(15)xv)(16)(yv)(if)(18)xh)(18)(yh)(if)(20)xh)(20)(yh)(if)(22)xh)(21)(22)(yh)(if)(23)xh)(23)(24)(yh)(if)(25)xh)(25)(26)(yh)(if)(27)xh)(ah)(27)(yh)(if)(28)0)(if)(30)0)", planFormExpan: "x|if(1):0(4)|if(5):0(8)|if(9):+1(10)|if(11):+(12)(14)|if(15):+(16)|if(18):0(18)|if(20):0(20)|if(22) :0(21)(22)|if(23):0(23)(24)|if(25):0(25)(26)|if(27):021(27)|if(28)0)|if(30)0)|if:x", useMyExprChk: "false", planSplitPhREUser: "", planFormExprUser: "",
    Here is a temp solution for converting
    National landline: +62 (21) 3922325 (21 is area code for Jakarta)
    into

Use the 'own PhRE' capability and replace that own PhRE by the following PhRE:

(iah)(ch)(nhq)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)(or)(iah)(cv)(lvq)(pq)(or)(iah)1(pq)(or)(iah)(\d{3}|\d{2})(lvq)(.*)(o r)(iah)(pq)(or)(nhp)(pq)(or)(nh)(pq)(or)(ahzp)(pq)(or)(axp)(pq)(or)(\d{3})(\d{7}|\d{6})(or)(\d{8}|\d {7})(or)(\*|\#)(.*)(or)(.*)

- Tag use my own PhRE,
    - That will copy the existing system PhRE
    - Select the my PhRE field, clear it
    - Paste the above expression (a single string, no end lines, returns, enters or spaces! The screenshot looks like the field contains an end of line, it has not!!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaidaddy View Post
    Dear Dick99999,

After installing 0.9.2 beta update, the plan you instructed to me didn't work for dialing overseas number +61 (2) 92711244 to 0103361292711244. Can you please help? I included the message you sent to me before and the current active plan in my iDialPlan 0.9.2 beta.

Thanks
    You were almost there! Since your provider does not allow the the + sign for international access, change the + prefix also in 01033 and it should work. That is in the in the home section of the abroad plan, the one you already changed.

Indeed I changed that behavior since the + could not be changed in the previous version without side effects. The previous solution given , was a work around.

Wonder what kind of rates one pays in Indonesia for calling abroad from ones cell phone. Here it runs from 10-50 cents (neighboring countries) and 55 cents (USA) up to euro 1.35 (rest of the world), while the same calls from a land line phone could cost a few pennies.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 08/04/2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    You were almost there! Since your provider does not allow the the + sign for international access, change the + prefix also in 01033 and it should work. That is in the in the home section of the abroad plan, the one you already changed.
    It worked. Thanks, Dick99999

Wonder what kind of rates one pays in Indonesia for calling abroad from ones cell phone. Here it runs from 10-50 cents (neighboring countries) and 55 cents (USA) up to euro 1.35 (rest of the world), while the same calls from a land line phone could cost a few pennies.
    My CDMA operator charges IDR 500 (USD 6 cents) a minute for calls to neighboring countries including USA, IDR 1000 (USD 11 cents) to other countries. My GSM operator charges twice as much, IDR 1000-2000 (USD 6-11 cents).

Long distance calls from landline uses satellite (instead VoIP), thus it's much more expensive. I never bother to use it.

Thanks a lot Dick99999.
  7.    #47  
    A short user guideline is available at the iDialPlan SMSi pages at Itura
  8.    #48  
    Thought to let you know that version 1.0 is available. It has been submitted to the Gallery. See attachment 'you need the App also' in the first post, should you wish to download it now through Preware's URL install feature.

This is really just a (minor?) maintenance release
    - improved Help references
    - back gesture and set default now work
    - feed back for long (5 sec) loading times

If those issues are not that important, stay at 0.9. See updated first post for more details.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/19/2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: feed back added
    hello! do you have the patch for webos 2.0?
    I just got my palm pre 2 and can't live without your program! =)
  10.    #50  
    Good to hear the 'life requirement'. iDialPlan SMSi for 2.0 is out already (paid version only).
    For the patch:No, it is not out (yet). But since you asked, I'll bring it out in 2 phases:

1- Probably (my) today, a patch that works except for 1 feature:
    • automatic prefixing for dial through (prefixing contact numbers with voipbuster local land line access numbers for example) does not work when using the dialer. B.t.w did you notice that 2.0 now also supports choosing a contact in the dialer by entering the first letter of first name, followed by a few letters of the last name, for European names.....
    • That dial-through, however, does work if you pick/call out of contacts. And the standalone dialer (integrated with contacts only) also works with dial through.

2- As soon as possible a working dial through, but there have been major code changes in 2.0 with regard to handling, dialing en formatting phone numbers

======== edit
    The beta version of the patch for webOS 2, with the above mentioned limitation, is attached to the first posting
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/10/2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: 2.0 contact first last name
    Thanks! Your program is great! I am living in a non palm country.
    Would love to donate to your program tho!

Chris
    Hi Dick99999,

I am having an issue here.

I am using idial plan, everything works fine.

Only issue is when i call a local Home free 1800 number

e.g. 180056789012

the idial plan will take away the last 2 numbers and convert to

How can i fix this?
  13.    #53  
    Can you confirm that your active dialplan has not set International or local access to 1 ? (The usual settings in North America).

Then the a short term solution is the following:
    - Go to the active dialplan
    - Expand the expressions section
    - Tag use my own PhRE
    (the current default expressions will be copied into 'My PhRE' and 'My Phone Form")
    - edit 'My PhRE' by inserting a $ sign two times, so the PhRE contains:
    (iah)(ch)(nhq)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)(or)(iah)(cv)(lvq)(pq)(or)(iah)1(pq)(or)(iah)(\d{3}|\d{2})(lvq)(.*)(o r)(iah)(pq)(or)(nhp)(pq)(or)(nh)(pq)(or)(ahzp)(pq)(or)(axp)(pq)(or)(\d{3})(\d{7}|\d{6})$(or)(\d{8}|\d{7})$(or)(\*|\#)(.*)(or)(.*)
    - Save the changes by a back gesture

This is a short term patch I hope, please test it also with a few other number types so it's evident that the patch does not interfere with adjusting other numbers.

What this modification does is applying a user PhRE filter that requires:
    1) that the rule for example for 650 1234567 or 448 12345678 numbers is not applicable to 1 800 numbers if the 1 800 contains in total more than 10 digits
    2) because of the previous rule change, that a 1 800 number is not changed at all
    This patch only works if 1 is not your long distance access. If it is, the change is not required, those number are adjusted already.
    Inter national access 018
    national access and are code none.

my solution was to change rule 25 to

(if)(25)0)

tho i don't exactly know what rule 25 is it's working!

i am not so clear about the adjustment.
    i just feel that if the beginning of the number does not start with +
    i guess no adjustment is needed?

chris
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    Inter national access 018
    national access and are code none.

my solution was to change rule 25 to

(if)(25)0)

tho i don't exactly know what rule 25 is it's working!

i am not so clear about the adjustment.
    i just feel that if the beginning of the number does not start with +
    i guess no adjustment is needed?

chris
    Hi Chris,
    - Indeed your mod means that if rule 25 is applied, form an adjusted number consisting solely out of the original number (0)
    - The determination which form rule will be applied is done by the first set of expressions called Phone Regular Expressions (PhRE)

To check which form rule will be chosen by the PhRE:
    - use the internal dialer to pick that test number once,
    - Go to the active dialplan and open the test section.
    - Hit test. The rule and the adapted number are displayed for the picked test number (or for a complete test set if you did not use the internal dialer)

So in your 1 800 case: the test will show that rule 25 will be applied. And form rule 25 now says: form a adapted number using the original number only (0). I trust you already did this since you modified form rule 25

The issue with that approach is that rule 25 may be used for other numbers also, and those might be wrongly adapted. And that will happen for North American numbers without a long distance access listing. in the 25 case, that is what the PhRE is filtering: N.A. numbers like 650 555 1212

Since you are using the programming capability of iDP already, the best solution is adding an extra rule that exactly describes your 1 800 case. Apparently your country's 1-800 is exceptional since 1-800 is not following the format of a long distance access number. If it was, it would already be handled OK.

I will publish the rule later after testing it. In the mean time your mod is OK as long as you have no N.A. numbers listed without a long distance access, like mentioned above.

yeah i always make sure i enter the long distance access, so no worries.

so my country's 1800 is different, it's not limited to 10 numbers.

actually alot of countries have really long phone numbers. e.g. indonesia.

I am fine with my solution now.

the question is how to make idialplan work out of the box in the future?
    Hi I came across your app and was wondering a few things,

1, the app will automatically dial the correct number to the country that i choose from my home country. how will i know the cost of this phone call?
    eg, im in USA+01 right now and if i wanted to call germany+49.

2. the abroad dialplan, i would select the country im "visiting", (germany +49) and my home(where my cell phone service company is located. United states +1) im not sure exactly how this will work? will my phone access the germanys provider and rout my phone call through a different number? and therefore my charge on my phone bill will be how much? will it display the cost per min of the call? or will it just take from my minutes i have on my serviceplan in the states and there is no added fee or cost? will i be charged roaming charge? or do i need to have access to a wifi hotspot?

3 as for the smsi goes i would set the home information for the country i am in or the country my service provider is? and the abroad codes will be the country i am in or the country i want to send message to?

if I called germany then i wanted to call Japan next i would have to change the codes? are the several profiles i can set up and save and chose on the gold, currently i have the trial ver.

thanks!!! I might be thinking too hard and in the worng way sorry if im just confusing myself. lol
    can anyone get the patch to work on webos 2.1?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    can anyone get the patch to work on webos 2.1?
    Working on it now 2.1 is out. The current webOS 2 version should work in 2.1. However, in addition to the 2.0.1 remarks before: please remove the special characters like spaces and dashes in the call through money saver section. Then calling from the pre dialer and the simple dialer in idialplan should work with the webOS 2.1.
    There is one side effect: unfortunately incoming calls are also preceded/adapted by that call trough prefix. Working on it....
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/10/2011 at 08:53 AM.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mypre2009 View Post
    Hi I came across your app and was wondering a few things,
    Thanks for your interest, I must have missed this posting, sorry .Perhaps your questions are better answered when distinguishing:
    1. IdialPlan that just calls numbers and pre- and post-fixes contact numbers with information provided in the money saver section.
    2. A provider of call through services, who's access number is supplied in that section. You choose your own provider. That is the party you pay or contract, independent of iDialPlan and independent of a service plan.
    3. look at the phone call part as 'an automated calling card'. No hassle with adapting numbers, but you need to pay a phone card or equivalent, not iDialPlan

1, the app will automatically dial the correct number to the country that i choose from my home country. how will i know the cost of this phone call?
    eg, im in USA+01 right now and if i wanted to call germany+49.
    Presuming you are referring to a call trough provider like Voipbuster which is preset in iDP.

They and every other provider and calling card supplier have individual rates, that's their business. It is not an IdialPaln rate/issue. You can choose any provider or calling card as long it's call through (not call back) and you change the access numbers etc in the money saver section.

An additional 'rate' is the air time for a local call to the call through provider's local number charged to your service plan / contract or prepaid budget.

2. the abroad dialplan, i would select the country im "visiting", (germany +49) and my home(where my cell phone service company is located. United states +1) im not sure exactly how this will work? will my phone access the germanys provider and rout my phone call through a different number? and therefore my charge on my phone bill will be how much? will it display the cost per min of the call? or will it just take from my minutes i have on my serviceplan in the states and there is no added fee or cost? will i be charged roaming charge? or do i need to have access to a wifi hotspot?
    When being abroad, the money saver is questionable because 'abroad-local' calls to a provider's abroad local access number are often charged as roaming mobile calls: expensive. There is one accept ion I know of in Europe. Myself I use iDialplan abroad just for convenience. I don't have to change homeland numbers and use my service plan. There might be situations /countries though where a call trough is much less expensive.

For WiFi access you'd need VOIP and a SIP client is currently in alpha testing on Precentral. Prefixing. if required, could perhaps be done by idialPlan automatically ...

3 as for the smsi goes i would set the home information for the country i am in or the country my service provider is? and the abroad codes will be the country i am in or the country i want to send message to?
    The smsi part can be confusing. Please realize that you using a data connection not a 'call' connection. Your data service plan is charged (either WiFi or 3G). The provider is and SMS Internet provider not a cell phone provider.
    I will write a separate answer, however, wherever you are the home section is your homeland and the abroad section is not used except when the homeland numbers need adjustment like prefixing +1. Some SMSi providers require that all numbers are preceded by a country code. will change the naming.

if I called Germany then i wanted to call Japan next i would have to change the codes? are the several profiles i can set up and save and chose on the gold, currently i have the trial ver.
    No, no change needed. Just specify you are abroad in Germany. Your Japanese numbers already have a country code, because you'd need this in the USA also. So the Japanese number is not changed at all, that's why you have to specify you are in Germany.
    Please investigate whether a local call in Germany to your providers access number in Germany, charged at foreign rates to you service plan, is less expensive than an a cell call form abroad (Germany) to abroad (Japan)

thanks!!! I might be thinking too hard and in the wrong way sorry if im just confusing myself. lol
    To summarize:
    - iDialPlan just adapts the numbers depending on where you are.
    - Your providers charge you, idialPlan does not. iDialPlan does not know anything about rates. Some part of the call 'connection' needs air time out of your service plan.
    - To call your provider's local access number, you need a service plan with your cell provider, but most times this is a local call. (Except when being abroad., see above)

If you choose the right provider (expensive cell, inexpensive call through), international calls towards abroad can save a lot of money! Please let me know is further explanation is wished.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/10/2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: air time added
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast