Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    discovered a bug with webos 1.4.

in the call log/call history.

if you try to call a particular person in call history using their other phone number that needs to be converted to another number. the dialer won't call.

chris
    Last edited by chrislo; 03/10/2010 at 11:48 PM.
  2.    #22  
    The latest iDP patch (0.6.01) is webOS 1.4 and 1.4.1 compatible. (The phone app has not changed with the 1.4.1 update , phone prefs did change). However, I had to reinstall the patch.The app remains installed.

Just drop the patch on Quick Install, (3.1 worked for me) even though QI shows the patch is still installed. Don't remove that still installed phantom! Then boot the Pre and iDialplan is active again, with the settings that existed before the update.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 04/01/2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: delete 3.1 text, was wrong
    Hi Dick99999, I updated WebOS to 1.4.1.1 without disabling the iDialPlan patch and now the patch is not working. I have uninstalled the patch and now for some reason I can't install patch 0.6.01 via WebOS Quick Install.

Is there anyway to install the patch manually, directly from the phone?

Thanks.
  4.    #24  
    Just checked 1.4.1.1 (Sprint), the file to be patched has not changed. So the patch should work. Could you try Preware on the Pre? The patch is now listed as a standard Preware patch.
    What error (message) do you get from QI?
    Hi Dick99999, Can you kindly point out where to look for iDialPlan patch? I search and just couldn't find it. Thanks.

In WebOS Quick Install, it said: Error 1: Connection refused, and after I click OK, it said: Error: No Device Found.

Update: I found the patch after I updated the feed. It's all working find now, Dick99999. Thanks.
    Last edited by Shanghaidaddy; 05/02/2010 at 07:53 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaidaddy View Post
    Hi Dick99999, Can you kindly point out where to look for iDialPlan patch? I search and just couldn't find it. Thanks.

In WebOS Quick Install, it said: Error 1: Connection refused, and after I click OK, it said: Error: No Device Found.

Update: I found the patch after I updated the feed. It's all working find now, Dick99999. Thanks.
    Glad it works. About the WebOS Quick Install error, perhaps http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2419045 will come up with an answer. That is if following up the official QI thread, does not lead to a working QI.
    Hi ****,

after every luna restart, whenever I key in any number my phone 1st dials 999910.

Which will probably get me in trouble, 'coz in Singapore, 999 is "911" so I always get police emergency hotline to answer...

I'm on 0.6 and my webos is 1.4.1 (GSM)
  8.    #28  
    Yes, I know, I'll have version 0.9 ready in the cause of next week. It's a major update, contains an SMS over Internet client and the status message 9999xx will be changed in 0000xx.

Hope that is a better choice as was suggested earlier. Also hope you can wait, otherwise you could change the patch file: all occurrences of 9999 into 0000. Haven't tested it though.
    how is version 0.9 going?

i am looking forward to it!

did you manage to look into the standard dialer bug?

chris
    did you look into thiS?

with webos 1.4.
    click a particular person's call entry. then
    if you try to call a particular person in call history using their other phone number that needs to be converted . the dialer won't call.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    how is version 0.9 going?

i am looking forward to it!

did you manage to look into the standard dialer bug?

chris
    Thanks for your interest, I am sorry but we need some 10 days for 0.9. I am running the alfa 0.9 and it looks good. Still 2 features need to be implemented some more testing is needed.

Please give some more details or reference about 'the standard dialer bug'. If you mean dialing some other number through the call history, no that has not been corrected yet. Many others have been corrected including changing 9999 to 0000. Hope you can wait another 10 days!
  12.    #32  
    did you look into thiS?

with webos 1.4.
    click a particular person's call entry. then
    if you try to call a particular person in call history using their other phone number that needs to be converted . the dialer won't call.
    I tried to duplicate this, but failed. Can you exactly give the sequence of taps etc, and what exactly occurs in the end. Then I'll look into this again. Thanks a lot.

---Edit
    I did find the following:
    - if a name in the all call history is expanded the pre normalizes ALL numbers belonging to that name, though not visible and thus displayed as originally entered.
    - as a result those numbers will ALL be adjusted by iDP (the patch works within normalize)
    - if one then taps the last number, that number will not be adjusted again, but that is OK since it's already adjusted

Since you found a case where numbers are not adjusted, please specify the exact sequence of taps
    Last edited by Dick99999; 06/15/2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    I tried to duplicate this, but failed. Can you exactly give the sequence of taps etc, and what exactly occurs in the end. Then I'll look into this again. Thanks a lot.

---Edit
    I did find the following:
    - if a name in the all call history is expanded the pre normalizes ALL numbers belonging to that name, though not visible and thus displayed as originally entered.
    - as a result those numbers will ALL be adjusted by iDP (the patch works within normalize)
    - if one then taps the last number, that number will not be adjusted again, but that is OK since it's already adjusted

Since you found a case where numbers are not adjusted, please specify the exact sequence of taps

1)I call e.g. Chris on his singapore number(no adjustment needed)
    2)i go to call log. expands Chris's Details.
    3)he has a number in the UK starting +44.
    4)when i click the +44 number. nothing happens. no dial, just as if no one clicked anything.
    so in order to do what i want:
    5)i start universal search for chris and clicks the same +44 number, the dial correctly adjusts to what i set the program to adjust to. replaces +44 with 018
  14.    #34  
    1)I call e.g. Chris on his singapore number(no adjustment needed)
    2)i go to call log. expands Chris's Details.
    3)he has a number in the UK starting +44.
    4)when i click the +44 number. nothing happens. no dial, just as if no one clicked anything.
    so in order to do what i want:
    5)i start universal search for chris and clicks the same +44 number, the dial correctly adjusts to what i set the program to adjust to. replaces +44 with 018
    Sorry Chris, I can not replicate it. So let's wait for v 0.9, last testing is going on. That version also has a new patch that addresses the enable/disable (0000 in v 0.9) and the first call after boot now dials as it should. If 0.9 still gives this no call from history problem, we'll investigate it with some screenshots of the settings perhaps?
    sure!
    great would love to see ability to save settings into profiles in your next releases.

i figured out the bug.
    it's because my country has no international access code apart form +
    but if i leave it blank the program won't work.
    so i currently use a work around, i put the international accerss as " " or +, as i can't leave the first value to be Blank. i use a space, " ".

And i think the space is causing my previous bug, it's fine in the universal search dial but not from call history dial.

will clarify more if u need. any how lets wait for the next version.
  17.    #37  
    Version 0.9 beta is available now. It includes an SMS over Internet client. The UI and logic have been improved and bugs are all addressed. Will submit it through usual channels, both the App and the Patch new the versions are now available at the first post for installation through Quick Install.

App version 0.9 needs patch version 0.9. Older patches will not work with 0.9
    Last edited by Dick99999; 07/04/2010 at 05:32 PM.
    new version is perfect!
    Bring on saved profiles!

By the way. there is no sms adjustments right?

any donation link? =)
  19.    #39  
    new version is perfect!
    Bring on saved profiles!

By the way. there is no sms adjustments right?

any donation link? =)
    There should be an SMS tab in dial plan, like there is a home plan. Preferred way btw is SMS dialplan through the SMSi client.(scroll down)

The adjustments are needed because SMSi Service Providers may require their own format for the receiving phone number (or numbers, may be all numbers of a 'list' contact) even though the SMS text is sent over the Internet. That SMS dialplan is always active in the SMSi. It needs to be initiated once though with ones homeland country code.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 07/05/2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: explain why SMS adjustments
  20.    #40  
    version 0.9.1 is out. Sorry that the DB is still not up-datable. The preferences email function should help for updating.

0.9.1:
    More implementation of 'none' values. Pauses are back again in dial through service provider numbers (bug in 0.9.0)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast