Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Description
    Music Wave app is an entertainment engine for your entertainment needs. Music Wave Search allows you an easy interface to online mp3 search engines to help you find songs and media. Through Music Wave Search you can either download the mp3 straight to your phone, stream it online or search for more by artist and album. It also has a built-in Music Wave Player so you can listen to your music. Alternatively in preferences you can have Music Wave Search play the media via palm's default player.

Users with webOS 1.4 will be required to launch via palm's default player.

#Changelog
    Version 1.0.1
    -First
    Version 1.0.1b Jan 26
    -Made slight changes, mostly server side bugs, not enough for client new version.
    Version 1.0.2
    -Support for all language keyboards. Enjoy songs in Korean, Chinese, Japanese etc.
    -Back-gesture now swaps between scenes
    -Fix bug causing some searches to return 0 results.
    -Fix invalid token bugs
    -Many more bug fixes server side
    -Full version now available via web catalog

#Things being worked on *No guarantee will ever enter live* Thanks for suggestions!
    -Playlist function
    -Parallel downloads
    -Media player improvements
    -Addition of second search engine for more results
    -Save streamed file (Not sure if possible in 1.3.5 maybe 1.4)

3 weeks into production beta copy is now available
    Pending publishing, Please Find Bugs and post here thanks!
    Page: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/music-wave-lite
    Full version: Music Wave Pro
    Last edited by insanefury; 02/01/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    This is great!
    A feature that saves the streaming file would be nice. I tried to download a song and got the download failed message but I was able to stream it. I would think if we can stream it we should be able to save it. Great program thanks again!!
    The band Skillet is awesome.

I am running 1.4, but I am still using the Music Remix program. Any plans for it to work with either?
    What's the source of the mp3 files? Do any costs come up with streaming or downloading?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    A feature that saves the streaming file would be nice. I tried to download a song and got the download failed message but I was able to stream it. I would think if we can stream it we should be able to save it. Great program thanks again!!
    Please tell me what you searched and which file you tried to download. This is most likely a bug in the status code. You are right if you can stream you should be able to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    What's the source of the mp3 files? Do any costs come up with streaming or downloading?
    All mp3 links are public, using already online mp3 search engines. The only cost would be your own data plan which for sprint is usually always unlimited
    Last edited by insanefury; 01/24/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    I am guessing this is music different people have on there websites. But I don't see how this is legal, really seems no different than programs like limewire, etc. Is it legal? I would rather it be clear up front what the risks / liabilities are.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 01/24/2010 at 03:01 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I am guessing this is music different people have on there websites. But I don't see how this is legal, seems no different than programs like limewire, etc. Is it legal?
    Yes some media may be subject to copyright however nothing Music Wave does is illegal, it is simply an interface to already publicly available search engines.

Either way I'm sure RIAA still won't like it. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefury View Post
    Yes some media may be subject to copyright however nothing Music Wave does is illegal, it is simply an interface to already publicly available search engines.

Either way I'm sure RIAA still won't like it. :P
    Thanks for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post

I am running 1.4, but I am still using the Music Remix program. Any plans for it to work with either?
    How did you get webOS 1.4?
    He's probably a developer.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    doah! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post

what !? how is it that you're running 1.4 ? and how the hell can i get it now ?
    I like it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefury View Post
    Please tell me what you searched and which file you tried to download. This is most likely a bug in the status code. You are right if you can stream you should be able to download.

All mp3 links are public, using already online mp3 search engines. The only cost would be your own data plan which for sprint is usually always unlimited
    I did a search for Prince and the Kiss mix came up I could stream but couldn't download
    i have a feeling this won't be approved for the offical app catalog. but i have been wrong before.
    Thank you Thank you thank you!!! I always wanted something like this on my pixi.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My WebOS experience just keeps getting better! This is a great app out of the gate. Would pay for this in a heartbeat! Keep the updates coming and keep us posted.

(I'm a pay-for-your-music kind of user. That said, this app is awesome because I can experiment with music on the fly without having to doc my Pre to my computer! Big deal as doing a usb doc isn't very convenient. Also, amazon mp3 on my phone doesn't let me preview the music via streaming. I plan on buying much or all of the music I download from this app... I'm probably in the minority but thought I'd throw in my two bits. For the record, artists deserve payment for their music. We should use great apps like this with that in mind.)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    i have a feeling this won't be approved for the offical app catalog. but i have been wrong before.
    Shoo Bad feelings. But Srsly anything Music Wave does you can already do with your own web browser, so it'd be a weird reason if it was denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Thank you Thank you thank you!!! I always wanted something like this on my pixi.
    Your very welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    My WebOS experience just keeps getting better! This is a great app out of the gate. Would pay for this in a heartbeat! Keep the updates coming and keep us posted.

(I'm a pay-for-your-music kind of user. That said, this app is awesome because I can experiment with music on the fly without having to doc my Pre to my computer! Big deal as doing a usb doc isn't very convenient. Also, amazon mp3 on my phone doesn't let me preview the music via streaming. I plan on buying much or all of the music I download from this app... I'm probably in the minority but thought I'd throw in my two bits. For the record, artists deserve payment for their music. We should use great apps like this with that in mind.)
    I'm working on adding a button so it'll link directly to amazon mp3 so you can purchase what you are listening too. SUPPORT your artists!
    I agree with mjrei - this app is great for those of us that can't get streaming Amazon, Pandora, Spotify etc. Good to listen to music before you buy. Support artists, they deserve to be paid for their work.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast