Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    app catalog version up $7.49
    What's it called because App Catalog search results for "Music Wave" produce nothing useful.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I would like to know how to do this via google as well without getting a trillion irrelevant results or bogus lyrics sites
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    What's it called because App Catalog search results for "Music Wave" produce nothing useful.
    You will find it in the appscoop title Music Wave Pro
    I dunno what "appscoop" is but I'll check the Catalog, again.
    I dunno what "appscoop" is but I'll check the Catalog, again.
    Found AppScoop. Weird set-up. Besides no download limit, I wonder what makes the Pro version worthwhile. I wonder if search results are any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefury View Post
    Yes some media may be subject to copyright however nothing Music Wave does is illegal, it is simply an interface to already publicly available search engines.

Either way I'm sure RIAA still won't like it. :P
    What search engines are you using? Some of us would defiantly like to know the source before downloading anything online, especially being that they are mp3's.

- As a potential user I will not download until the source is revealed, so shoot me a PM if you don't want to make this information public.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I appreciate the work that went into this application. I see there is a full version avail now, might be worth the money.
  8.    #68  
    Are you saying Pre's can do this via Yahoo/Google?
    Yes Yahoo, not google thou they are required to remove mp3 links but my app essentially takes the need out of parsing through search results to find what you want. It simply provides a better and user friendly interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    What search engines are you using? Some of us would defiantly like to know the source before downloading anything online, especially being that they are mp3's.

- As a potential user I will not download until the source is revealed, so shoot me a PM if you don't want to make this information public.
    The source is by no means hidden. It is revealed in the app itself, currently it uses the baidu search engine.
    Found AppScoop. Weird set-up. Besides no download limit, I wonder what makes the Pro version worthwhile. I wonder if search results are any better.
    Yes currently both versions are very similar but we plan on adding the second search engine for more results in about a week. Still working some bugs out of the parser
    When I finally get to update to 1.4 will I have to pay for this again?

Btw, Love it!
  10.    #70  
    Music Wave Pro HAS BEEN PULLED FROM WEB CATALOG

Response
    Hi,
    Thanks for submitting your apps (both Music Wave and Music Wave Lite). Unfortunately, your applications are in violation of our Application Content Criteria, specifically Section 1. Our Application Content Criteria are here:
    Application Content Criteria €“ Palm Developer Center

While the concept of downloading music directly to your device is an engaging one, your application allows music that is copyrighted to be downloaded directly to a user’s device. Without verification that the music files in question come from legal and legitimate sources, we cannot publish this application in the App Catalog. If you can make changes that would bring your applications into compliance with our content guidelines, please resubmit them for review.

Regards,
    I have submitted my own response
    Thank you for taking the time to review our app. Rather than simply changing the app and hoping that it passes the criteria we would like to address the issue directly by asking you to clarify and comment on four points so that we may resubmit without unintentionally violating any conditions.

1. We believe you may have misinterpreted what exactly Music Wave app does. The app itself is completely agnostic as with any web browser like Palm's own built in web browser. You ask for verification that the file comes from a legal and legitimate source however such an operation is not possible in an agnostic app. Such as with Palm's built in web browser it cannot verify whether every file it finds such as a pdf is copyrighted or illegal. Such a requirement would mean that virtually any web app including Palm's own web browser is in violation of such criteria. Secondly we would like to stress that Music Wave is NOT a downloading service. It is simply a combination of features that every Palm pre and pixi already provide. Music Wave provides an interface to the web, in this case specifically to online search engines, which users already have access through Palm's web browser. It also uses Palm's download manager which is publicly available API provided by Palm so that users can download any well formed URL link. Lastly it can stream files from the web or on the phone which is a basic operation also provided by Palm's music players. Music Wave is simply a combination of these 3 features in one place providing a user friendly interface. We would also like to point out the files in question come from legitimate websites which all comply with the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" under United States Copyright Law. These websites are search engines which fall under the System Caching catagory of the DMCA and are subject to censorship according to Take Down Provisions provided by the DMCA. We will not and do not use any illegal websites. If there is anything else would would like us to clarify about our app please say so here.

2. You mention specifically copyright and Section 1 of Application Content Criteria. By this we assume you mean the point

"The application does not contain any illegal content and complies with all applicable laws including:"

* Digital Millennium Copyright Act - http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

While the app does not contain illegal content or any content for that matter we fully comply with the DMCA under Title II, page 8 "ONLINE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT LIABILITY LIMITATION." Our app falls specifically under "Transitory communications" by simply providing a user interface to already available online search engines. Transitory communications are automated data transmissions which provide the routing of unedited material and are not required to censor their results. The results are however provided by search engines which fall under "System Caching" category and are required to censor results. In order to help further facilitate our compliance with the DMCA we will provide a submission form in the app for "allegedly infringing material" in which users may fill out and submit, we will then forwarded onto whichever Search engine it came from. The form will comply with typical DMCA submission form using the fields

1. contact information
    2. the name of the song that was copied
    3. the address of the copied song
    4. a statement that he has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
    5. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate
    6. a statement that, under penalty of perjury, Charlie is authorized to act for the copyright holder

Please let us know if this is sufficient enough of a change to meet the criteria.

3. If the problem is not one of the above mentioned and is specifically where the results come from please let us know. Currently Music Wave uses the Baidu search engine however plans to include Yahoo and others are currently in progress. We could easily change where the results come from to a more reputable site such as Yahoo but we believe censoring sites in our app would be a violation of DMCA because we would then be similar to publishing results, by editing what material is allowed. We would like it to remain agnostic but if you have knowledge of a system or method that could filter illegal material and verify links like you described please share.

4. We respect Palm's right to refuse our app for any reason whatsoever even if simply not to be associated with such an app. However if any compromise can be made please let us know. If any of the points above do not cover why our app was refused please help further clarify what could be done to meet the criteria.

We sincerely hope that you reconsider your decision and help our app reach live again.
    Depending on Palm's next response support for Music Wave Project my be suspended indefinitely. We will see.
    If your curious what all this means. http://www.ivanhoffman.com/dmca.html provides information to what I refer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefury View Post
    Music Wave Pro HAS BEEN PULLED FROM WEB CATALOG

Response

I have submitted my own response

Depending on Palm's next response support for Music Wave Project my be suspended indefinitely. We will see.
    If your curious what all this means. The Notice and Take Down Provisions of the DMCA provides information to what I refer too.

You're reply to them is great. I love the app and even if it can't make it to the catalog because palm is going to be like apple then atleast we still have other options, ie Preware, WebOS QI.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
  12.    #72  
    I got a response today
    Hi,
    Apologies for the late reply. Thanks a lot for the informative, well-thought out response! I am gathering some concerned parties internally, and we are meeting to discuss both your application and other applications that may have similar features or properties. We want to make sure that we are both consistent and acting in the best interests of all involved. I hope to get back to you soon with more information.
    What does this mean. Well nothing yet but I'm happy that they are actually considering my app rather than flat-out banning it for no reason. By the sounds of it this may result in a policy change for apps, at least those with similar features.
    any word on the app...when I click on the link from the lite app it takes me to the app catalog with the option to buy the "pro" version...does this mean it's available again? it still says it's not reviewed by palm.
    I bought the Pro version and loved it! Until 1.4. Now I get nothing. It will search and find songs, but will not play or save. For a split second a warning screen comes up, but its gone to fast to see what it says. Any fix for 1.4 for those of us who bought it?
    Quote Originally Posted by coop041 View Post
    I bought the Pro version and loved it! Until 1.4. Now I get nothing. It will search and find songs, but will not play or save. For a split second a warning screen comes up, but its gone to fast to see what it says. Any fix for 1.4 for those of us who bought it?
    Is the Pro version available for purchase?
    same with lite version. Wantwd to get pro.. For now though I'll wait.
    go into preferences and check "play songs via default player"...this should fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    same with lite version. Wantwd to get pro.. For now though I'll wait.
    The suggested "preferences" change works on the lite version, too.
    Thanks!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    really looking forward to getting music wave pro soon. still waiting on a response?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast