Introducing Geotasks, GPS based task manager with location based alerts. Let your WebOS device alert and remind you throughout your day using reminders based on your location.
Now available from the Palm app catalog in both a standard (free) and Pro version ($.99).
Download it here:
Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. (standard)
Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. (pro)
- Location based alerts - alerts you when within range of a location.
- Departure alerts - alerts you after departing from a location.
- Can be set for use with miles or kilometers.
- Set alert locations via clickable Google Map (Pro feature)
- Set alert locations via Google Local search.
- Set alert locations via current GPS position.
- Set alert locations via contacts addresses.
- Recently used locations are stored to quickly reuse them. (Pro feature)
- Task highlight adds visual color priorities to individual tasks.
- Notepad allows you to add additional information to your task.
- Power management scheduling dramatically saves battery life by only using the GPS features of your WebOS device when you specify.
- Task alerts can be snoozed by a time interval.
- Task alerts can also have the location snoozed by a certain time interval.
- Application runs in the background without the need to leave the app open.
- Multiple alert locations can be assigned to tasks. (Pro feature)
- Multiple power management scanning schedules can be assigned to tasks. (Pro feature)
Geotasks 1.1.0 (5/27/10)
- New Feature: Departure Alerts - Let your WebOS device alert you after departing from a location.
- Various bug fixes.
Geotasks 1.0.9 (4/20/10)
- Fixed a nasty bug found this week that was causing alerts to not always fire if the app was running in the background.
Geotasks 1.0.8 (4/15/10)
- Fixed a few bugs that popped up.
- Added a new task highlighting feature. Nothing ground breaking but it may help you visually prioritize tasks. Color can be customized between red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and none. I've included a screenshot above.
- Task highlighting feature has been added for both the pro and free version.
Geotasks 1.0.7 (4/7/10)
- Removed taskbar active scanner after WebOS 18.104.22.168 update (no longer required)
- Added some error handling in the initial start up that was occasionally causing the app to hang on launch
- App does a better job of judging where you are and using your current location if you have not set any preferences
- Updated free version information notices
Geotasks 1.0.3 RC1 (2/16/10)
- Bug fixed where last task in list wouldn't always delete correctly.
Geotasks 1.0.2 RC1 (2/15/10)
- Bug fixed in the scheduler where the ending date could become malformed.
Geotasks 1.0.1 RC1 (2/14/10)
- Special thanks to forum member jwsh for pointing out a bug and fix for an oddity that arose with some Google search results.
Geotasks 1.0.0 RC1 (2/11/10)
- New alert sound added.
- Custom alert sound can now be set from the preferences screen.
- Fixed bug with items not deleting.
- Fixed bug with schedule not saving correctly when editing a task.
- Fixed bug with preferences defaulting to KM for some users.
- Beta image removed.
Geotasks 0.9.10 (2/10/10)
- Changed search menu to have labels instead of icons. Icons were too small and difficult to read. Thanks to JMF for the suggestion.
Geotasks 0.9.9 (2/7/10)
- Rewrote storage system. Should solve most issues with tasks not saving correctly.
- Preferences (available under the top menu on the main screen). Allows you to set your choice of measurement units between miles or kilometers. Also allows you to set a default zip code for using to search for tasks.
- Add a task location via contacts. Use an address from one of your contacts to set a location alert.
- Various bug fixes.
Geotasks 0.9.8 (1/29/10)
- Add location now has a button rather than area to simply tap.
- Notepad resizes only if used.
- Two new Add Location options:
- Current location allows you to use your current location for an alert.
- Recent location keeps a record of the last 20 locations used for alerts allowing you to quickly reuse a location.
- Notepad save problem fixed (again).
- Various other issues related to saving have been fixed.
Geotasks 0.9.6 (1/23/10)
-Fixed bug with notepad not saving changes.
-Added spinner while search is executing.
Geotasks 0.9.5 (1/21/10)
-Tasks can now be edited by tapping it on the main screen.
-Improved Google searching system.
-Notes section added to tasks for additional information about your task.
-Storage now uses a Mojo Depot database. No more cookies! App now supports 100 tasks.