Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Hey there. Sorry for the late reply. Yes 1.4 broke a number of things in the app. I have an updated version coming this week. Sorry for any inconvenience.
  2. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Will it be in the app catalog?

jmf
  3.    #83  
    Yes, that's part of the hold up. I'm going to send the final version to the app catalog and preware.
  4. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    I'm going to send the final version to the app catalog.
    Very nice, and easy.

jmf
  5.    #85  
    Quick update, everyone. The app has been submitted to the app catalog and is awaiting approval. I will post it on the Preware feed after app store approval. I don't want to risk the installation issues that came up for some of you when it was listed on Preware and Palm's beta feed. The issue where the app doesn't work in the background unless it is left open is also resolved. Palm made some changes to the Javascript engine in 1.4 that broke quite a few apps. 1.4.1 is supposed to fix what they broke, but I have also implemented a permanent fix to keep it from happening further. I should have fixed it much sooner, but I didn't read the 1.4 changelogs carefully. My bad.

There will be 2 versions in the catalog. The standard (free) version includes all of the functionality from the beta, except the recent items list.

The pro version ($0.99) will include all the features of the free version as well as the ability to add multiple locations to each task, multiple schedules, the recent items list, and, drum roll please...,

a clickable Google map! This much asked for feature allows you to add alert locations simply by tapping the map. Pinch to zoom doesn't work yet, since Palm hasn't released an API for multitouch on the javascript engine. Otherwise dragging, tapping, etc. work fine. There is a slider on the screen for zooming.

I also have a number of additional features in the pipe. keep look out for all of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi,

I really like this app, very useful for this times. Seeing that it's under the GPL Open Source Licence, I'd like to know where/how I can get the Source Code.

Thanks
    Thanks for the great app! Just tested it out this morning and it looks great. I've been wanting an app like this for years. Even started writing one for Windows Mobile a few years ago (never finished it though). I really appreciate that you're not going to remove the free version and I think the $0.99 price point is great for the paid version. I have one request. Can you please add vibration alerts for when the phone is set to silent? I leave my phone on silent all the time and I never use any audible alerts because I'd rather not have my phone make a sound at an inopportune time. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope that you can get a silent mode added.

-Keith
  8.    #88  
    Keith- I will definitely get the silent mode working. It used to work and something got changed with the 1.4 update. I'll look into it ASAP.

Also, the free version should be up any day now. It's kind of strange because I submitted both of them at the same time, yet the free one is still sitting at "being reviewed".
    Thanks for looking into the silent mode. I got the free one from Preware, so it was no big deal that it was not in the catalog.

-Keith
    Love the app. Was writing something similar (started long ago ), but abandoned it when I found yours.

One suggestion (and feature that I was adding to mine) -- add an optional "dwell delay" for triggering the reminder. e.g., Allow me to specify that I need to be somewhere for a configurable amount of time (e.g. 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour) before I get the reminder. It would be optional...and the default would be zero delay for the notification.

Why? Well, at least two reasons:

1) There are times when I don't want a reminder unless I am actually going to the place. Even at 500 feet, I can get a reminder when I am driving by the grocery store...and sometimes I only want the reminder (for example, to "get milk") if I am going there...not if I am just driving by. Other times, I do want the drive by alert. Just depends on how important the reminder is when I configure it.

2) There are many times that I don't know when I will get to some place...so I love the reminder...but often I actually don't want the reminder immediately when I am driving or walking up to it. Instead, I'd prefer to get it after I have been there for awhile. For example, if I need to do something when I get home, I would often rather receive the reminder after I have gotten in to the house, put my things away, said hello to the family, and perhaps even had dinner....not when I am in my car down the block from my house.

Yeah, not huge issues, but I would find it useful if you have time and can figure out a non-obtrusive way to integrate that optional dwell capability without making things confusing for folks who wouldn't use it.

Thanks again!

cheers,
    Steve
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Love the app. Was writing something similar (started long ago ), but abandoned it when I found yours.

One suggestion (and feature that I was adding to mine) -- add an optional "dwell delay" for triggering the reminder. e.g., Allow me to specify that I need to be somewhere for a configurable amount of time (e.g. 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour) before I get the reminder. It would be optional...and the default would be zero delay for the notification.

Why? Well, at least two reasons:

1) There are times when I don't want a reminder unless I am actually going to the place. Even at 500 feet, I can get a reminder when I am driving by the grocery store...and sometimes I only want the reminder (for example, to "get milk") if I am going there...not if I am just driving by. Other times, I do want the drive by alert. Just depends on how important the reminder is when I configure it.

2) There are many times that I don't know when I will get to some place...so I love the reminder...but often I actually don't want the reminder immediately when I am driving or walking up to it. Instead, I'd prefer to get it after I have been there for awhile. For example, if I need to do something when I get home, I would often rather receive the reminder after I have gotten in to the house, put my things away, said hello to the family, and perhaps even had dinner....not when I am in my car down the block from my house.

Yeah, not huge issues, but I would find it useful if you have time and can figure out a non-obtrusive way to integrate that optional dwell capability without making things confusing for folks who wouldn't use it.

Thanks again!

cheers,
    Steve
    Nice idea. I'll look into it.
    Nice idea. I'll look into it.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    +1 for scuba steve's idea...

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14.    #94  
    Geotasks 1.06 was just submitted to the app catalog.
    -Cleaned up a few formatting issues that arose after 1.4's new engines
    -Added a one time notification (Ad) for the Pro version on startup.
    -Added a link to the app store for the Pro version on the main page.

Much better enhancements are coming soon! :-)
  15. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Okay,

I press add task from initial screen, put in location, note and when I return to the initial screen no tasks listed. I do have locations but no tasks.

jmf
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Okay,

I press add task from initial screen, put in location, note and when I return to the initial screen no tasks listed. I do have locations but no tasks.

jmf
    Did you upgrade from the beta / RC version? (before it was in the app catalog)? More than likely there is an old piece of data in there causing a mismatch. Under the menu at the top on the main screen, click the option to reset the database. It should solve it.

Now that the app is out of beta, I will be converting data when new versions come out, so this shouldn't happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  17. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, but it was only a matter of hitting "Done." Although, it would be nice if the information was saved automatically on leaving.

jmf
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, but it was only a matter of hitting "Done." Although, it would be nice if the information was saved automatically on leaving.

jmf
    I think I get what you were saying. Were you entering the info and then swiping back? Does anyone else have input on this? Some apps make you hit a 'submit' button, while others just auto save data when you swipe backwards. What seems more intuitive to everyone? Thanks!
    I think I get what you were saying. Were you entering the info and then swiping back? Does anyone else have input on this? Some apps make you hit a 'submit' button, while others just auto save data when you swipe backwards. What seems more intuitive to everyone? Thanks!
    That's a tough one. "Swipe back" seems to be the rule on webos, but at the same time, I can see someone doing it to cancel as well. If you add swipe back, I'd keep the button too (and I guess you'd have to add a cancel button too). I've been confused by other apps that have no submit button and just expect you to know to swipe back.

BTW, did 1.06 fix the silent switch issue? Thanks.

-Keith
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardsonke View Post
    That's a tough one. "Swipe back" seems to be the rule on webos, but at the same time, I can see someone doing it to cancel as well. If you add swipe back, I'd keep the button too (and I guess you'd have to add a cancel button too). I've been confused by other apps that have no submit button and just expect you to know to swipe back.

BTW, did 1.06 fix the silent switch issue? Thanks.

-Keith
    I agree with you on swipe back to cancel. No, the 1.06 update didn't fix that, but I should have the mute issue incoming shortly.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast