Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    somebody over at the preader-thread reported nearly the same issue with preader as i have with geotasks.
    - installing doesn't complete
    - a vodoo-icon appears in the launcher which leads to the crap-beta-app-catalog
    As soon as Palm removes it from their feed, I'll let you know. I appreciate all your feedback on this issue! Once they remove it, reinstall the app again from preware. If the "voodoo circle" icon is still showing, remove that first (orange + tap on the icon) before attempting to install it from Preware again. Hopefully Palm should have it off of their feed shortly...
  2.    #62  
    OK, seems to be gone from the beta feed. As mentioned before, delete the icon if you have it (orange + tap the application icon). Update the preware feeds and try installing it again. It should only be available from Precentral's feed now.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ... i had deleted geotasks-icon just after failure of installation ... each time.
    but now: good news for me:
    installation worked well.
    geotasks is now shown only in precentral-feed.
    tapping on "install" brings up the familiar running preware-installation-circle,
    installation completes (but this time without telling me that location-based-servicves are used by the app, as it did before -> ???)
    starting geotasks -> smart, setting up the first task, location and radius in kilometers / meters -> no problem.
    i will test it out tomorrow (in germany it's now evening, outide it's very cold and about 30cm = 1 feet of snow and ice on the roads)
    thanks for the app
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    ... i had deleted geotasks-icon just after failure of installation ... each time.
    but now: good news for me:
    installation worked well.
    geotasks is now shown only in precentral-feed.
    tapping on "install" brings up the familiar running preware-installation-circle,
    installation completes (but this time without telling me that location-based-servicves are used by the app, as it did before -> ???)
    starting geotasks -> smart, setting up the first task, location and radius in kilometers / meters -> no problem.
    i will test it out tomorrow (in germany it's now evening, outide it's very cold and about 30cm = 1 feet of snow and ice on the roads)
    thanks for the app
    AWESOME! The location alert, btw, was from Palm's feed. Precentral's feed doesn't care if the app uses GPS or not.
  5.    #65  
    0.9.10 should be available from precentral / preware shortly.

-Removed icons from search screen, replaced with labels. Much easier to read now. Thanks JMF!
  6.    #66  
    1.0 RC1 should be available from precentral / preware shortly!

-New alert sound added.
    -Custom alert sound can now be set from the preferences screen.
    -Fixed bug with items not deleting.
    -Fixed bug with schedule not saving correctly when editing a task.
    -Fixed bug with preferences defaulting to KM for some users.
    -Beta image removed.
    Does Geotasks ever expire? If you are putting in the app catalog how much will it cost?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Does Geotasks ever expire? If you are putting in the app catalog how much will it cost?
    Great question as it is something I'm deciding on...

First, no it will not expire.

Second, there will ALWAYS be a free version, no matter what happens in the future. I hate paid apps without a demo and generally refuse to purchase them. So, no matter what, there will be a free version. Any and all functionality in the current version will remain free. Also, I can't stand ads on phones, so I promise not to "crap the app" with a bunch of ads.

The consideration I'm going over at the moment is to make a 'Pro' version. The free version would stay fully functional, but have a 'Pro' version with a few added premium features. #1 being a clickable Google Map for adding tasks.

One thing for certain is that I'm a huge supporter of $0.99 apps, so if I decide to release a pay version, it will be no more than $0.99.

At this point I'll turn it to you guys. What do you think? Would you pay for an app like this? If so does $0.99 seem reasonable? What features would entice you to pay $1 for an app? Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Yes I would pay for this app. I bought geostrings before I read where you were looking for betas. I usually put the task in both apps to see which one is going to be more functional for me. The black background of your app is a huge plus for me goes right along with my Pre background.
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/13/2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, but I think you're selling yourself short. Good design, and coding, is always worth it.

I'd say a minimum of $2.99 for a Pro version of this app (as I've used this beta).

Just my hypothetical 299 cents...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  11.    #71  
    Quick bug update to 1.0.1 now available. Thanks to forum member JWSH for pointing out a bug in google's results returned.

JMF, this may have been the cause for the odd search results you were receiving.
  12. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Okay, but I can't seem to find it. In the past I was able to download it from AppScoop without a download app such as fileCoaster, has something changed?

jmf
  13.    #73  
    Not sure what App Scoop is...

You may have been downloading it from Palm's feed. I had to remove it from there due to problems with Palm's Beta feed. It is now listed on precentral's homebrew apps feed.

You can download the IPK directly from here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/geotasks
  14. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    My Pre is not rooted and I do not have a file download program or package app, and I want your update without doing any of the above. Any suggestions? AppScoop is an app viewer.

jmf
  15.    #75  
    I'll be submitting it officially to the app catalog as soon as 1.4 is out (supposedly today or some time this week, according to rumors). It will show up on that app once it is there.
  16.    #76  
    Notified of a bug in the scheduler where the end date can become corrupted. Fixed, 1.0.2 pushed to Precentral's feed.
  17.    #77  
    1.0.3 Another bug found where the last task in the list would not delete correctly. Fixed.
    I have a purchased copy of geostrings and the beta of geotasks (1.0.2) installed. I thought you might like to know a few of my reactions:

Things in geotasks that I prefer
    1. Map comes up showing the location that I searched for to verify that it's what I intended
    2. Choosing a location by contact (see below bug)
    3. Seems less laggy

Things in geostrings that I prefer
    1. Favorite locations
    2. Ability to add multiple locations to a single task - e.g. buy milk at harris tetter, aldi, food lion, bloom, lowe's, etc
    3. Location groups - e.g. define "grocery stores" = harris teeter, aldi, food lion, bloom, lowe's, etc

Possible geotasks bug? I've noticed that I have a hard time choosing my own name when choosing a location by contact. It says "Address cannot be resolved". I can choose my wife (who has the same address) and it works just fine. I suspect the issue is that I have both my home address and my work address in my contact, and the app doesn't know which one to pick.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I have a purchased copy of geostrings and the beta of geotasks (1.0.2) installed. I thought you might like to know a few of my reactions:

Things in geotasks that I prefer
    1. Map comes up showing the location that I searched for to verify that it's what I intended
    2. Choosing a location by contact (see below bug)
    3. Seems less laggy

Things in geostrings that I prefer
    1. Favorite locations
    2. Ability to add multiple locations to a single task - e.g. buy milk at harris tetter, aldi, food lion, bloom, lowe's, etc
    3. Location groups - e.g. define "grocery stores" = harris teeter, aldi, food lion, bloom, lowe's, etc

Possible geotasks bug? I've noticed that I have a hard time choosing my own name when choosing a location by contact. It says "Address cannot be resolved". I can choose my wife (who has the same address) and it works just fine. I suspect the issue is that I have both my home address and my work address in my contact, and the app doesn't know which one to pick.
    Thanks for the input. There's a lot of things to do with the contact chooser. Hopefully it will be more robust soon.

You mentioned favorite locations. It's not quite the same as a true favorites, but did you see the "recent" option when choosing a task? It lists the last 20 locations you have used.

Multiple locations is on the list of things I want to put in the "pro" version.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    OK. I am running WebOS 1.4. I just downloaded Geotasks for the first time and created a new task just for testing. I set it to go off .25 miles from my local Best Buy. After creating the task I swiped the app off the screen thinking it runs in the background. I got to my Best Buy, went in the store for my purchase, left and went back to my car. No notification ever went off. As soon as I opened Geotasks the alarm went off. I closed the app and checked with JSTop to see if there was a process running in the background and there wasn't. Is there something I am doing wrong?

And yes, I have location services on,
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast