Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. TBH
    IMPORTANT:
    Due to a change in my personal phone OS, MinStat is no longer maintained or supported. Thanks for all your comments :-) Had a great time in the webOS Community!

The Source for MinStat and its service is publicly available in the webos-internals git-repo, feel free to use it, extend it or port it to newer webOS releases :-)
    Minstat: http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ap....git;a=summary
    MinstatService: http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=se....git;a=summary

MinStat shows you how many outgoing minutes and sent SMS you had this month. So it gives you nearly full cost control on your webos-device, especially in combination with debilater's Netstat. It is provider-independent.

Soon available on Preware - Files for manual installation (WOSQI) in this thread

Screenshots

Longer description
    With MinStat you can monitor your monthly included quota of SMS and minutes - which is especially useful if your provider doesn't give you this information on its website. I initially made this for myself (because O2 Germany really annoys me by not giving me no cost control...), but I tweaked it a little and decided to make it public.

The app consists of a service (backend) and a User-Interface (frontend).
    The service requires advanced homebrew installation (i.e. preware or wosqi).

You can
    • NEW: Choose if you want to include received SMS into your total
    • Select your billing day
    • select your clockrate
    • select your monthly included SMS
    • select your monthly included minutes

Then the app will show you, how much of your quota you have used and give you a little smiley indicator:

":-)": Everything alright, you are perfectly within your limits
    ":-|": You are within your quota, but you have phoned more than you should (e.g. half the month is over, but you have already used more than 1/2 of your quota)
    ":-(": You exceeded your quota.

If you just want to count minutes and SMS without having a quota, set included SMS and minutes to '0'.

Installation Instructions:

Requirements: WebOS >= 1.3.5, WebOS-QI >= 2.96

1) Download http://minstat.hlavka.de/minstat_package.zip, the archive contains both, the service and the app. Unzip it.
    2) Install both of the files with WebOS-QI - minstatservice at first (Java will restart), minstat as second
    3) Write in this thread what you think about it :-)

Everything at your own risk -- for the testers, everything worked fine.

Tested on: Pre, should work on Pixi, too.

Attention: The app gives you most likely the right numbers, but there can be errors on certain circumstances (e.g. if your pre was fully erased, that means that there is no call log available and so the numbers will be wrong).

Both, the application and the service are licensed under GPL v3.

If you like this app, please consider to donate a buck or two to the developer - think about the money you save with this app

Thank you very much!

I'm really looking forward to reading your comments.

Anther huuuuuge thanks goes out to destinal at #webos-internals for helping me very very much on packaging the service.

To do
    - Internationalization

Changelog
    - 1.2.3 Further refinement, new icon
    - 1.2.0 Tweaked UI (seperate settings-dialog), option to chose which SMS are count, first public release
    - 1.0.0 First release for the testers
    Last edited by TBH; 02/02/2011 at 02:00 AM.
    great!! I've been waiting this app so long. Can't wait to try it.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Looks, great. Can't wait to try it out.
    FYI: SMS allotment is for a total of incoming/outgoing so if I have a limit of 300, thats a combined total of 300 not just outgoing (sent). So technically you could send 1 SMS and receive 299 and not be charged but if you go over 1 then you will be charged the per SMS rates. Thats how it works on all US carriers.

From your screen shots I coudlnt see if you were tracking incomng SMS as well.
  5. TBH
    @ocard thanks for your input! Here in germany it is outgoing SMS only...perhaps I'll make an option to choose: outgoing or incoming+outgoing.

Note: If theres somebody out there who wants to (beta-)test the installation process via wosqi (should work already, but need some real-life confirmation), please contact me. The advantage for you would be to have this app before all others =) WebOS >1.3.5 and wosqi 2.96 required.
    Last edited by TBH; 01/23/2010 at 03:35 PM.
  6. TBH
    *Bump* Files added to the first posting. Now you can test and install it manually until it is on preware =)
    That's great you made this app+service I was already working on it, so I can concentrate on other stuff

However - I installed it via testing feed, it installed the service as dependency but didn't install the app. So, there's still something wrong with installation. I then removed it and installed again and then installation worked.

When I start it, I get a blanc (white) screen. Unfortunately there are no minstad related errors in /var/log/messages.

And what's this ares/crome stuff? Looks interesting
  8. TBH
    Hi debilater,
    unfortunately installing through the testing-feed doesn't work yet. It has probably something to do with the fact, that the app was built in Ares - that is also the cause of the white-screen error.
    If you use the files provided in the first posting of this thread everything will work as expected, because I packaged them by myself and not via autobuild on webos-internals.
    Atm I am am bit short of time, but preware installation for minstat will come....one day ;-)
    Oh and while we are at it: I had some slightly different SQL statements in my service, I'm posting them here for your reference, I'm not sure if they will show different counters but they produce the counters in SQL instead of using java for this:

Code:
            @LunaServiceThread.PublicMethod
                public void getMessageCounters(ServiceMessage msg) throws LSException, JSONException, SQLException  {
                JSONObject reply = new JSONObject();
                String     SQL   = "SELECT count(timeStamp) AS messages, max(timeStamp) AS lastmessagetime, "
                                  +"sum(length(messageText)) as size from com_palm_pim_Message WHERE messageType like '%MS' AND flags > 100";

if(msg.getJSONPayload().has("lastmessagetime")) {
                    SQL += " AND timeStamp > " + msg.getJSONPayload().getString("lastmessagetime") + ";";
                }

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sqlite:/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3");
                Statement stat  = conn.createStatement();
                ResultSet rs    = stat.executeQuery(SQL);

while (rs.next()) {
                    reply.put("messages", rs.getString("messages"));
                    reply.put("size",     rs.getString("size"));
                    if(rs.getString("lastmessagetime") != null) {
                        reply.put("lastmessagetime", rs.getString("lastmessagetime"));
                    }
                    else {
                        reply.put("lastmessagetime", 0);
                    }
                }

rs.close();
                conn.close();
                msg.respond(reply.toString());
            }

@LunaServiceThread.PublicMethod
                public void getPhoneCounters(ServiceMessage msg) throws LSException, JSONException, SQLException  {
                JSONObject reply = new JSONObject();
                String     SQL   = "SELECT count(contactId) AS calls, max(startTime) AS lastcalltime FROM com_palm_superlog_Superlog WHERE type = outgoing'";

if(msg.getJSONPayload().has("lastcalltime")) {
                    SQL += " AND startTime > " + msg.getJSONPayload().getString("lastcalltime") + ";";
                }

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sqlite:/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3");
                Statement stat  = conn.createStatement();
                ResultSet rs    = stat.executeQuery(SQL);

while (rs.next()) {
                    reply.put("calls", rs.getString("call"));
                    if(rs.getString("lastcalltime") != null) {
                        reply.put("lastcalltime", rs.getString("lastcalltime"));
                    }
                    else {
                        reply.put("lastcalltime", 0);
                    }
                }

rs.close();
                conn.close();
                msg.respond(reply.toString());
            }
    The "lastcalltime" and "lastmessagetime" are JSON parameters coming from the app telling the service by which timestamp to start counting.

Good luck with your app!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    nice app but not working on 1.4.1
  11. TBH
    amjz, could you give me some more details? Does ot fail on install or on running the app? Any errors? How did you install it?

I am asking because her on my 1.4.1-device it runs just fine.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    TBH, I installed it from Preware, it was installed with no errors but can't open when I try to open it! I'm using GSM Palm Pre 1.4.1

EDITED: opss I was installed the outdated version, I just removed it and installed the updated version from this post and now it works well. Thanks for this app.
    Last edited by amjz; 04/22/2010 at 06:17 PM.
    TBH,

First of all, thanks a lot for your work on this app+service, it is something i was looking for sometime and couldn't find anything, even thought on creating it myself, awesome app.

Just one little idea, don't know if it can be done, but if it could, it would be a great add on.

For example, my carrier here in mexico, in it's plans we have for example, unlimited minutes to in-carrier numbers. And for landlines and other carriers, they start deducting from our minutes.

It could be great, like to create a list in the app, on which phone numbers or contacts, are the ones you get charged on and those are the minutes the app counts and not the unlimited.

Thanks a lot,

will be donating ones my paycheck from this month comes in
    Great App, optimal Design and Features but actualliy it doesn't work on WebOs 1.4.1..
    The App installs and starts without error but I don' get any data: Minutes: NaN/100, SMS: undefined/100.
  15. TBH
    Hi thomic, thanks for your answer.
    Have you tried rebooting your Pre? What are the exact settings on your device?
    I also have 1.4.1 installed and everything is working here, so there must be some setup-error.
    Hi Tobias!
    nice to see that there's still someone who cares! I tried the reboot already - what other setting can be helpful for you? Mayby I'll just try a reinstall of both packages via WosQi..
  17. TBH
    Ah well I think reinstalling the service and app should be the next step...
    I hope you didn't install both programs using Preware testing feed, because the version there is not stable - but as you get to see a GUI I don't think that's the problem.
    Apart from that you could try and change the billing day to something <= 29. It just came to my mind that there is a possible bug with billing days 30 and especially 31, but I must think about that ;-)

On a side note, do you know how to ssh onto your device? So we could do some further debugging ;-)
    Update: Everything works fine now!
    Reason might have been that I didn't make a call at all with that phone before installing the App. (The phone was just sent back from palm service)
    Best regards! thomic
    Last edited by thomic; 05/28/2010 at 04:14 AM.
    I get Free evenings and weekends, So is there any way I can make it keep track of how many minutes I use during the day and also evening weekend minutes and TOTAL

Day 200 7am 5pm
    Evening 600
    Total 800 usage this month kinda thing.

Is this possible.? also what about Data?
  20. TBH
    Hi Greg,

I think the usage of different time intervals is a little more complex. I had to find a way to know which dates of a month are weekends and so on. Apart from that I don't have much time at the moment for WebOS-Coding :-( Perhaps this is something for an upcoming version.

Concerning the Data Usage, you could use debilater's MinStat (link points to another Precentral-Thread. I am using it, too, and it works great
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast