Change Log for v0.2.0
    -Added cookie to save view, sort, and category from last use
    -Updated About scene to current standards
    -Added Export capability to XML text through email
    -Added Import capability from ToDo Classic exported XML
    -Added ability to mark completed item to uncomplete
    -Changed icons on Add and Edit scenes
    -Added icon in Categories scene

This app was inspired by the ToDo app in Palm OS. Since leaving Palm OS for Windows Mobile a few years ago, I've been unable to find a ToDo app that I liked as much as the one in Palm OS. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and create a webOS version that incorporates much of the same functionality while adding a few tweaks.

Moving forward, I want the app to be simple and fast. Some new features will be added, but I want to keep the app from becoming too complex.

Thanks for checking it out! I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know about any problems you run into. I appreciate your help in making it a better app.

Main features:
    -Quickly switch between categories
    -Change due date from the list view
    -Sort by due date or alphabetically
    -Show or hide completed tasks
    -Coloring and formatting shows due and overdue items clearly

Future features (hopefully):
    -Sync with Google Tasks - waiting for Google to open this up
    -Priorities
    -Recurring items

Known issues:
    -After adding new tasks, I've seen the duedate sorting not quite work on my Pre. I've been unable to duplicate this issue on the emulator.
    -Purging completed items works but doesn't show until after restarting the app.
    -Missing a way to uncomplete items which have been completed

Download from the PreCentral Homebrew Gallery
    This app will be available here for free until accepted to the Official Palm App Catalog.

Usage and Description
    1) Top row icons
    -Previous and Next icons switch to the previous and next categories in your category list.
    -All button shows items from all categories
    -Category drop down lets you select a specific category

2) Bottom row icons
    -A-Z icon sorts alphabetically
    -Clock icon sorts by due date
    -Trash icon shows completed tasks
    -Check mark icon just shows uncompleted tasks
    -Plus icon adds new item

3) Other
    -Tap item to go to edit screen
    -Swipe item to mark complete
    -Completed items will appear at the bottom of the list in light gray when Trash button is selected
    -Swipe completed item to delete
    -Tap due date to change
    -Delete all completed items by hitting the Purge Complete Items button in the Preferences menu item
    -items are color-coded according to due date
    overdue=bold red
    due today=bold green
    due in the future=blue
    no due date = black
    completed=light gray

License
    ToDo Classic by Nathan Lowhorn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License

Credits
    The icon for this app is from the Milky icon set at iconeden.com
    Sorting code is by Thomas Frank
    Thanks for Brian(zbuffer13) for testing!
    Last edited by nlowhor; 01/27/2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: New version - 0.2.0
    Just make sure you use the correct cover page on those TPS reports. :-)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just make sure you use the correct cover page on those TPS reports. :-)
    Oh I wouldn't make that mistake.
    Is this app available in Homebrew yet? It looks pretty good...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far. I just submitted it to homebrew a few minutes ago. I'll add a link as soon as it's approved.
    Looking very forward to this app!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I like what I see, so far!

Will you be added timed reminders?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    It would be fairly easy to add syncing to Toodledo :: A to-do list to organize your tasks. Check out their developer API at Toodledo :: Forums :: Developers :: Welcome Developers
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I like what I see, so far!

Will you be added timed reminders?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Thanks!

It's certainly something I'll consider, but it's going to be down the road. I want to make sure the basic functionality is solid before adding more.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It would be fairly easy to add syncing to Toodledo :: A to-do list to organize your tasks. Check out their developer API at Toodledo :: Forums :: Developers :: Welcome Developers
    Thanks for the info! I really want to add online syncing because a disconnected app just feels so limited in today's world. My first choice is Google Tasks since I have everything else in Google, but that's just not possible right now.

I'll have to look at Toodledo more. Perhaps down the road the app could allow for multiple sync options. It's not going to happen right away though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this apps looks like a simpler version of the Tasks app included with the Pre. Don't get me wrong. That's a good thing. I like the old days of simple apps. I'll definitely being running this app through it's paces.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this apps looks like a simpler version of the Tasks app included with the Pre. Don't get me wrong. That's a good thing. I like the old days of simple apps. I'll definitely being running this app through it's paces.
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing how it works for you.

In a way, yes. The Tasks app is certainly more eye candy, but I found it to be less useful than the old Palm OS app. It takes more taps than it should to do things. You have to keep going back to the main list to change lists, you have to open an item to change its due date, and hit the drop down to change the view. I hope people will find my app to be more efficient at helping you keep track of what you need to get done.

I've always missed the way Palm OS Todo worked and wanted to bring back that functionality.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ToDo Classic is now available in homebrew! http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/todo-classic

Thanks!
    Hey, just dl'd and it looks really great, but I seem to have found some bugs.

I can't color-code the categories (the function is nowhere to be found), and I can't figure out how to mark an item complete. I go into item details and hit the button by the title, but nothing happens. I swipe across the item in category view and it just disappears. It doesn't reappear in completed items view either.

Also, the due date doesn't show. More specifically, I marked an item as due 2 days from now, and in the item view it just shows as 'Other', but no date.

Maybe I need to uninstall and re-download?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Hey, just dl'd and it looks really great, but I seem to have found some bugs.

I can't color-code the categories (the function is nowhere to be found), and I can't figure out how to mark an item complete. I go into item details and hit the button by the title, but nothing happens. I swipe across the item in category view and it just disappears. It doesn't reappear in completed items view either.

Also, the due date doesn't show. More specifically, I marked an item as due 2 days from now, and in the item view it just shows as 'Other', but no date.

Maybe I need to uninstall and re-download?
    Thanks! Actually it sounds like it's working as I intended.

1) The color-coding is currently fixed. It just works when you set items with due dates. Red for overdue, green for due today, and blue for due future. Undated items will not be colored. I've considered adding custom coloring in the future.

2) You can mark at item complete by simply swiping it off the screen. This does not delete it. If you click the trash icon, anything you have swiped off the screen will appear in light gray at the bottom of the list. If you swipe a completed item, it will delete it.

3) Yes, in the item view, 2 days from now will be considered Other. If due Today or Tomorrow or Week, it will read accordingly

Please let me know if you have more questions.
    hi,

maybe I am just blind to it, but how do I create categories?
    Tapping on 'category' ends up with an empty drop down menu not allowing further actions?

regards, IchWeissNix
    Click on the Todo Classic menu in the left corner and go to categories.
    Now if you added integration to the calendar this would be awesome.
    The Quickevent app lets you include items in the calendar in universal search, I wonder if there would be a way to incorporate that into this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Click on the Todo Classic menu in the left corner and go to categories.
    oh, thank's. I was a kind of blind :-(

Regards, IchWeissNix
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast