Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    can i get a little help restoring my todo's back to the app please?

I've followed the instruction also tried a few tricks of my own and still nothing.

I search this thread and only found post #139, another youtube vid would be nice

can i get a little help restoring my todo's back to the app please?

I've followed the instruction also tried a few tricks of my own and still nothing.

I search this thread and only found post #139, another youtube vid would be nice

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    You need to copy the text out of the email and paste it into a new
    file in something like Notepad if you are running Windows. Save the
    file as todoclassic.xml and then double-check that a txt extension
    wasn't added to the filename. It must be just todoclassic.xml. Then
    connect your Pre and copy to the USB storage....just don't put it
    inside any folder. At this point you should be able to import in ToDo
    Classic.

Hope that helps.
    ok thx. I'll give it another shot
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    You need to copy the text out of the email and paste it into a new
    file in something like Notepad if you are running Windows. Save the
    file as todoclassic.xml and then double-check that a txt extension
    wasn't added to the filename. It must be just todoclassic.xml. Then
    connect your Pre and copy to the USB storage....just don't put it
    inside any folder. At this point you should be able to import in ToDo
    Classic.

Hope that helps.
    I followed these steps, but I'm seeing tasks from last summer. I just exported them from my Pre+ earlier today and imported the file into my Pre 2. Is there a way to clear these old ones without having to check each daily task off for the last 8 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I followed these steps, but I'm seeing tasks from last summer. I just exported them from my Pre+ earlier today and imported the file into my Pre 2. Is there a way to clear these old ones without having to check each daily task off for the last 8 months?
    I went to the Pre+, purged completed items, exported the data, replaced the data on the Pre 2, removed ToDo, reinstalled and reimported and all the old items were gone! Yea me! :-)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I went to the Pre+, purged completed items, exported the data, replaced the data on the Pre 2, removed ToDo, reinstalled and reimported and all the old items were gone! Yea me! :-)
    Awesome! Glad you got it working!
    I'm another DateBk refugee, and after being frustrated trying to make my task list work in the built-in tasks app, I picked up ToDo Classic. I've migrated my tasks to it, and it's working great, but I want to add my vote for a few features that I believe have already been requested and that would make my life easier:

1) Selectable alarm tones
    2) Repeating alarms for incomplete tasks
    3) Views (Extra bonus points for scheduled views)

1 because the default tone rarely gets my attention. I'd really like to get the calendar-style dismiss/snooze here as well.

1 and 2 would get us closer to a DateBk-style "floating event", a feature I have become quite dependent on. In my case, I set the notification time of a task such that the reminder goes off around the time I think I'll be able to get the task done, say when I get home from work. But if something comes up and I can't get to it tonight, I'd like the notification to go off again tomorrow at the same time. I can move the due date up by hand to get the same effect, but if I'm juggling more than a few tasks in this way, it gets cumbersome.

Scheduled views might add more complexity than you'd like, but this is the use case in case it aligns with your goals: I maintain a category of tasks that can be accomplished during business hours. In DateBk, it was possible to have these tasks appear at the top of my list during business hours, and not appear at all in the evenings/weekends. When switching to my calendar view, the first thing I saw was always a list of tasks appropriate to the time of day. I found this handy.

Thanks for the great app, and I look forward to future improvements.
    good app
    Great app! I like the improvements over the default. One bug i discovered, if i try to set the recurrence to an number of weeks over 7 weeks it shows 0 weeks and won't let me check the item as complete. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've yet to find an To Do app that allows you to rank tasks based on multiple priorities. It would seem like an easy thing to add. For example: Imposed By * Leverage * Output (Org Benefit Level) * Urgency (1,2) * Important (1,0) * Pending (1,0) * Completed (-1,1) = Ranking. The inputs for the ranking could be anything but the point is to focus on the work that gives you most strategic value. Ideally this is the most value to your organization but it could apply to anything.
    Hi

Does this also add todos into Touchpad default calendar?
    Just purchased this app after realising the free one was rather old!
    I have a couple of requests:
    • Enter a new ToDo item by just typing once the app is open. Like we used to on the PalmOS ToDo/Tasks app. Cuts out the step of pressing the + sign.
    • Maybe add the option of WebOS 'Just Type' so we can enter a ToDo from the phone's homescreen
    • Update the app for the Pre3 (which I have) so there isn't a small black bar at the bottom of the screen.

Great app otherwise.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    lol'd at TPS reports

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Hi

Does this also add todos into Touchpad default calendar?
    Any update?

Appreciated
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678