Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chashmish View Post
    I just purchased this app and I love the simplicity of it. I see mention of syncing with ToodleDo - any plans to support Remember the Milk?
    I'm sorry, but at this point the only service I will consider is Google Tasks. However they still haven't released an API.

I did look into Remember the Milk awhile back, but they do not allow use of their API for commercial reasons.

Sorry for the bad news.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Version 0.8.0 is now available!

-added priorities - high/normal/low - icon indicator on list - auto sorting
    -fixed bug with default category when adding new task
    -fixed sorting bug when first running app
    Hi,

So far I love the app, so good job. The only question I have right now is: is there a way to set a different alarm sound? I'd like to be able to choose a more attention-grabbing sound for those times when my Pre Plus is across the room from me.

If not, is this a feature that will be coming?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxJedi View Post
    Hi,

So far I love the app, so good job. The only question I have right now is: is there a way to set a different alarm sound? I'd like to be able to choose a more attention-grabbing sound for those times when my Pre Plus is across the room from me.

If not, is this a feature that will be coming?

Thank you.
    Thanks! I have had another request for that feature. It's on my list of possibilities, but I can't make any promises.
    New to the Pre and love the app. So much better than the built in task's app.

I have one request though...I'm trying to find a way to make a task recur only on weekdays. I could set up 5 tasks that recur weekly, but that's a pretty hacky kind of solution. I was wondering what the possibility would be of adding "Every weekday" as a recurring option or something.

I totally understand not wanting to clutter up that menu too much though..it's kinda a slippery slope adding things there I would imagine.
    One capability I missed from when I used blackberry was to schedule future events via a popup calendar grid, rather than a month/date/year. Not sure how complicated it would be, but it helps to look ahead and see which day of the week you are choosing.

Maybe an extra 3-character field in the existing format that displays the day of week once you select the date?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nice app
    Firstly, TERRIFIC app! Love it, use it daily and it's great!

A suggestion for added funcionality however is to be able to copy a task... I sometimes have 15 or so tasks that are ever so similar except the title in a small way etc but have to re-write the whole task for each one, due date, alarm etc.

That would be really cool but well done on a great app!

Chris
    If all you added was Custom ordering of Tasks I would be very happy. This is the best To-Do manager for the Pre.

Ideally you would work toward the functionality found in DateBk, the best PIM program I have ever used.

Curtis
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    There is a duplicate task button, then you can just change the slight things you need to change.
    This is a crosspost sry ;-)
    With my Palm pre plus I want to sychronize my tasks with exchange. That works right with the builtin app, but I miss the possibiltiy to use the categories. So I thought your app could possibly help.
    So does your app access the tasks that are allready synced and stored on the device? Or do you store manage the tasks yourself with own storage?

Your app would be the perfect fit, if it uses the allready available tasks OR if it would synchronize with exchange.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derango View Post
    New to the Pre and love the app. So much better than the built in task's app.

I have one request though...I'm trying to find a way to make a task recur only on weekdays. I could set up 5 tasks that recur weekly, but that's a pretty hacky kind of solution. I was wondering what the possibility would be of adding "Every weekday" as a recurring option or something.

I totally understand not wanting to clutter up that menu too much though..it's kinda a slippery slope adding things there I would imagine.
    Yeah that's my concern...I don't want things to get overly complex. I'm sorry, but at this point, I think I'll just have to suggest that you keep doing what you're doing. I have the as a record of your suggestion though if I go back through looking for good things to implement later.

Thanks....and sorry.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japepper View Post
    One capability I missed from when I used blackberry was to schedule future events via a popup calendar grid, rather than a month/date/year. Not sure how complicated it would be, but it helps to look ahead and see which day of the week you are choosing.

Maybe an extra 3-character field in the existing format that displays the day of week once you select the date?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've also wanted some sort of popup calendar, but I can't seem to find one in Palm's dev tools. If it's there, I'd like to know how to get to it. Otherwise I'd have to find a way to code that myself, which would be quite involved.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishenry77 View Post
    Firstly, TERRIFIC app! Love it, use it daily and it's great!

A suggestion for added funcionality however is to be able to copy a task... I sometimes have 15 or so tasks that are ever so similar except the title in a small way etc but have to re-write the whole task for each one, due date, alarm etc.

That would be really cool but well done on a great app!

Chris

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliments. Task copying....never thought of that. I'll consider it if more people need it, but so far you're the first.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crtsflsm View Post
    If all you added was Custom ordering of Tasks I would be very happy. This is the best To-Do manager for the Pre.

Ideally you would work toward the functionality found in DateBk, the best PIM program I have ever used.

Curtis
    I considered this early in development, but it would be difficult with how things are coded. The best I can offer is making use of the alpha, due date, and priorities to get things in the order you want. Priorities should help with this a lot.

I know DateBk was one of the best. I'm trying to keep things more simple, with a basic feature set.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel1982 View Post
    This is a crosspost sry ;-)
    With my Palm pre plus I want to sychronize my tasks with exchange. That works right with the builtin app, but I miss the possibiltiy to use the categories. So I thought your app could possibly help.
    So does your app access the tasks that are allready synced and stored on the device? Or do you store manage the tasks yourself with own storage?

Your app would be the perfect fit, if it uses the allready available tasks OR if it would synchronize with exchange.
    I'm glad you like the app, but I have no plans for Exchange syncing. I use a separate database from the built-in app. Perhaps one day, if Google ever releases an API, I might add Google Tasks syncing.
    Hi,

I like ToDo Classic much better than the standard Pre 'tasks' program. Thanks! One thing I've noticed, though, which I think qualifies as a bug -- if I enter a custom date, click "ok", then decide I entered the wrong date and go back to edit it again, it reverts to *today*'s date in the date entry boxes. I think it should really come back up as whatever I just saved it as... otherwise this can get pretty annoying if I have stuff that's a long ways away and I need to edit all three boxes again.

Thanks!
    Do you have any plans to integrate w/ the Save/Restore homebrew app for backing up the ToDo database?
    I would also like a way to duplicate tasks, as others have requested.
    Terrific app, thanks a lot!
    Been having 0 issues with todo classic. It's on my quick launch bar and is my primary todo program. Thanks for all the hard work!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast