Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    Unfortunately as is, I'm unable to use the application for what I need it for -- I just purchased it today, but I'm hoping you'll make the necessary updates. What I need in recurring tasks is some more options for when they recur. My most frequent type of repeat is on a day of the week on a week of the month (eg. 2nd Tuesday). Palm's former way of laying this out was extremely elegant, and you could even specify last day of the month vs. 31st of the month and last week of the month vs. 4th/5th week of the month. I guess most of the functionality I'm missing was found in weekly custom repeats on PalmOS.
    Thanks for your purchase. I'm sorry it doesn't currently meet your needs. I worked hard to get the basic functionality and it's got more than the original PalmOS Todo app did. Palm's app never offered repeating items at all. That option was only available through 3rd party todo apps in PalmOS.

I have had many requests for more repeating options. I would like to build it in, but I can't make any promises at this point. Lots going on.
    I'm having an odd issuee with ToDo Classic (which generally I find to be a great app!)

It is almost like I have two sets of databases on the device at once. For instance, this morning, I added a task with a reminder for Monday morning. I then took care of it so went to remove it--but it is not there. There are, however, several "garbled" entries--with the text and dates garbled. This has happened before, however, so I know that Monday at the appointed hour the task reminder will pop up--and if I go into the app, it will not be there.

Any ideas on this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I'm having an odd issuee with ToDo Classic (which generally I find to be a great app!)

It is almost like I have two sets of databases on the device at once. For instance, this morning, I added a task with a reminder for Monday morning. I then took care of it so went to remove it--but it is not there. There are, however, several "garbled" entries--with the text and dates garbled. This has happened before, however, so I know that Monday at the appointed hour the task reminder will pop up--and if I go into the app, it will not be there.

Any ideas on this? Thanks.
    Did the reminder pop up? Also, what exactly do you mean by "garbled?" Can you be more specific.

I'm sorry about the issues.
    The reminder did pop up. However, it's not listed in the app at all--not even garbled. And by garbled I mean that both in the description of the task and in the date it is a bunch of gibberish when they are visible--it's a bunch of N's.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    The reminder did pop up. However, it's not listed in the app at all--not even garbled. And by garbled I mean that both in the description of the task and in the date it is a bunch of gibberish when they are visible--it's a bunch of N's.
    It is possible you just have some bad items in the list. I've seen the "garbled" info before, but I haven't been able to figure out what causes it. My suspicion was that empty items might get created when adding a new item but swiping back before entering a title. Not sure on that.

Also, they seem to only appear if you hit the icon to show completed items. That might be why it disappeared. If you have the checkmark icon selected, it will hide them I think. Not really sure.

Do these items read "Undefined" with a due date of "NaN/NaN"? If so they are just like mine.

I'm really sorry about the problems. It can be so hard to nail down a particular issue when it's hard to reproduce. You might try deleting and reinstalling ToDo Classic if that's not too much trouble. You will lose your data so you'll want to export it or write things down first. This should clear your database though so you can start from scratch.
    This may have already been suggested but I didn't see it while scanning the thread. Would it be possible to make two different icons for the home screen (I have the app in my quick launch) that would indicate when there are tasks that are due. Perhaps a red check for tasks that are due and a green check when there are no tasks due. It would make it a lot quicker than opening the program to see.
    I have recurring entries. When I mark one of them complete sometimes it shows up next when it is supposed to and other times it shows up in the trash at the bottom. When I look at that item at the bottom it still shows that it is recurring so the only way I can get it back is to remove the check. I then set the date again and make it recurring. When I do that it appears on the right day but the alarm is set for the time I removed the check.
    Yes, that is exactly how the items appear. There are some items I don't want to lose if I delete....
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    New version is now available in the App Catalog! This adds custom recurring items such as every X days/weeks/months/years.

Would greatly appreciate your support. I'm just outside the Hot Apps rankings with 5 days to go!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skwalla View Post
    This may have already been suggested but I didn't see it while scanning the thread. Would it be possible to make two different icons for the home screen (I have the app in my quick launch) that would indicate when there are tasks that are due. Perhaps a red check for tasks that are due and a green check when there are no tasks due. It would make it a lot quicker than opening the program to see.
    I like the idea, but frankly I'm not even sure how that's done. Help anyone?

At least in my case though, I'm not sure how useful it would be. I have items due every single day so it would always just be the same icon.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crfrank View Post
    I have recurring entries. When I mark one of them complete sometimes it shows up next when it is supposed to and other times it shows up in the trash at the bottom. When I look at that item at the bottom it still shows that it is recurring so the only way I can get it back is to remove the check. I then set the date again and make it recurring. When I do that it appears on the right day but the alarm is set for the time I removed the check.
    I haven't seen this issue. Does it happen if you create a new item with the same settings?

when you check a recurring item it should immediately move to its new due date on the list.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Yes, that is exactly how the items appear. There are some items I don't want to lose if I delete....
    I'm sorry. I've seen these strange NaN items but haven't been able to figure out where they come from. In fact, since noone else had complained about it, I thought they were perhaps just remnants of my testing as I developed.

None of the NaN items are actual items you need are they? In my case they seem to be empty items.

My best suggestion at this point, sadly, would be to do an export, edit the export file to clean it up and remove the bad items, remove the app, reboot, reinstall, and import your cleaned up file to the new database. Let me know if you need some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I like the idea, but frankly I'm not even sure how that's done. Help anyone?

At least in my case though, I'm not sure how useful it would be. I have items due every single day so it would always just be the same icon.
    Send me an email to tigercountrysoftware at gmail and I'll get you hooked up with code to change the icon.
    I'm enjoying the new update with the extra recurring options, but there's a new feature I'd like to disable. When I check a task to mark it complete, the alarm plays and I get a notification at the bottom of my screen. Is this by design? How do I turn it off? It's annoying to have to swipe away the notifications after checking the task.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm enjoying the new update with the extra recurring options, but there's a new feature I'd like to disable. When I check a task to mark it complete, the alarm plays and I get a notification at the bottom of my screen. Is this by design? How do I turn it off? It's annoying to have to swipe away the notifications after checking the task.
    I just tested this and cannot reproduce what you are seeing. It's certainly not a feature. Could you tell me exactly what steps cause this to happen?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Version 0.6.7 is now available in the App Catalog.

-fixed bug which caused notification when marking item complete in some cases
    -removed checkbox on item edit scene - did not work properly with recurring items and seems unnecessary
    -fixed bug with default alarm time and custom due date
    Strange behavior... I set a task with a reminder. The reminder pops at the bottom of the Pre but if I open ToDo Classic using that notification (I click on the small icon, then tap on the entry), the notification icon completely disapear at the bottom, even if the task isn't complete (I didn't check the task checkbox).

To make the notification reappear, I have to enter the task in edit mode and then exit (no need to change anything) and then the notification reappear.

The standard task app that came with the Pre doesn't work that way and the notification stays there as long as you do not check the "completed" check box.

Maybe it's by design that as soon as you click on a notification the app consider it as being completed, but I would like it to stays there until I check the box.

Thanks !
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    Strange behavior... I set a task with a reminder. The reminder pops at the bottom of the Pre but if I open ToDo Classic using that notification (I click on the small icon, then tap on the entry), the notification icon completely disapear at the bottom, even if the task isn't complete (I didn't check the task checkbox).

To make the notification reappear, I have to enter the task in edit mode and then exit (no need to change anything) and then the notification reappear.

The standard task app that came with the Pre doesn't work that way and the notification stays there as long as you do not check the "completed" check box.

Maybe it's by design that as soon as you click on a notification the app consider it as being completed, but I would like it to stays there until I check the box.

Thanks !
    I'm sorry, but that's how it's supposed to work. The notification is just a reminder basically...once you've looked at it, it goes away.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought the app and I like what I have seen so far. One thing that I would like to see in the app is along the lines of the previous request for floating tasks. I would be happy if I could set a recurring alarm. I want to add some tasks such as yearly lawn maintenance that start on a certain day and notify me daily until the task is marked completed.
    I just purchased this app and I love the simplicity of it. I see mention of syncing with ToodleDo - any plans to support Remember the Milk?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast