Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Will you be increasing the length that we can make our tasks and allowing them to wrap to the 2nd line?
    I've already corrected that for the next release. I think if you edit a task currently it will let you add more characters.
    is there already a roundabout timetable of a release with alarms?
    Great app I use every day, but sorely missing alarms :-)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IchWeissNix View Post
    is there already a roundabout timetable of a release with alarms?
    Great app I use every day, but sorely missing alarms :-)
    I'm really hoping to get it submitted to Palm this week. I want to get it done as much as you want to have it available.
    bought the update once it said it had notifications.

Kinda disappointed though it would alarm only on the day that it is due. Please add the option to alarm liek one week before or something to that effect.

Sticking with the default task app for now.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    bought the update once it said it had notifications.

Kinda disappointed though it would alarm only on the day that it is due. Please add the option to alarm liek one week before or something to that effect.

Sticking with the default task app for now.
    I'm sorry it wasn't what you are looking for. I was of the opinion that if you need to be notified of something far into the future, using the calendar might work better. I hope you'll check out the app later to see if any of it is more to your liking.
    do you have an plans of including that in the future? Where is that in your priority of next features? It would be a great differentiator from the native tasks app.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    updated to the latest version yesterday - was very excited about notifications feature.

however, today i have tasks that are due and no notifications to be seen. is there a setting somewhere i have to change? thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    do you have an plans of including that in the future? Where is that in your priority of next features? It would be a great differentiator from the native tasks app.
    I'm sorry but I don't currently have plans to expand the alarms to days other than the due date. I will put your request on the list though.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    updated to the latest version yesterday - was very excited about notifications feature.

however, today i have tasks that are due and no notifications to be seen. is there a setting somewhere i have to change? thanks!
    Glad you like the notifications feature. They are configured individually for each task in the alarm setting. Just pick a time on that day to be notified. By default, the notification for each task is off.
    thanks for your response!
    since getting the latest version with alarms (which I love btw) but it seems my repeat tasks are not working. I click on the notifcation area to launch and then click the check box for the task. The check mark appears but the task doesn't become completed and doesn't schedule the next occurrence. I imported from xml with a new preplus and the latest version. Help? I can get and send screenshots if that'll help. Love your app. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antichulius View Post
    since getting the latest version with alarms (which I love btw) but it seems my repeat tasks are not working. I click on the notifcation area to launch and then click the check box for the task. The check mark appears but the task doesn't become completed and doesn't schedule the next occurrence. I imported from xml with a new preplus and the latest version. Help? I can get and send screenshots if that'll help. Love your app. Thanks.
    I'm sorry you are having problems. Could you try creating a new recurring task and see what it does?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. If there's a bug here, I'll try to get it fixed.
    I just tried with a new recurring task. Gave it an alarm. Clicked on the notification and clicked to complete the task. Same result as my other tasks. I've been crossing off other tasks (currently without alarms) and they do the reoccurance perfectly. Let me know what else I can do to help isolate/duplicate this. Thx for your quick response.
    real quick some other testing I've done. This only occurs under 2 circumstances so far. Launching the app from the notification or manually launching the app while a notification is active. If the app is already running the recurrance / completion works fine regardless of an active notification or not. A task with an alarm in the future crosses off and recurrs fine. Hope that helps narrow it down some.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Interesting. You are correct - I just reproduced the problem. I'll put it on the bug list.

Thank you much for letting me know. It's impossible to test every possible scenario. It will be a little while before I can correct it though. I'm about to move and just won't have a lot of time to work on the app over the next couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Interesting. You are correct - I just reproduced the problem. I'll put it on the bug list.

Thank you much for letting me know. It's impossible to test every possible scenario. It will be a little while before I can correct it though. I'm about to move and just won't have a lot of time to work on the app over the next couple of weeks.
    No problem. Just glad to you you were able to reproduce it. I used to program myself and I know how it goes. Hope your move goes well and I'll look forward to the update sometime after that. Thanks again for quick responses.
    are there any plans to add more functionality to the "recurring" option?
    like "every other day" or "every xx day" (for example every 3rd day)???

also is there a way to show just what is due today rather than everything that fits on the screen?

thanks
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaPunk View Post
    are there any plans to add more functionality to the "recurring" option?
    like "every other day" or "every xx day" (for example every 3rd day)???

also is there a way to show just what is due today rather than everything that fits on the screen?

thanks
    More recurring options have been suggested by a number of people so I'll consider it.

I plan on keeping the list like it is however. Today's items are bold and in green to stand out.
    ok thanks for the info
    Unfortunately as is, I'm unable to use the application for what I need it for -- I just purchased it today, but I'm hoping you'll make the necessary updates. What I need in recurring tasks is some more options for when they recur. My most frequent type of repeat is on a day of the week on a week of the month (eg. 2nd Tuesday). Palm's former way of laying this out was extremely elegant, and you could even specify last day of the month vs. 31st of the month and last week of the month vs. 4th/5th week of the month. I guess most of the functionality I'm missing was found in weekly custom repeats on PalmOS.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast