Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    can someone help, I had to hard reset my pre. Prior to, I exported my todo classic data. it says to create an xml file, but I do not know where to begin to create this file. thanks
    Hi,

it would be nice you could make the app also available for german users. I used it via homebrew and the updating via the palm appstore to 0.3 ends up with 'this application is not available in your country' :-(

Regards, IchWeissNix

ok, I see ti's probably because of now being a to be payed app and those are not yet available in the german app catalogue.

Thus I tried to reinstall the older version from homebrew: it says that it was installed, but there is no icon to start the app inspite of the starting list showing the app?
    Last edited by IchWeissNix; 02/10/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information; it will be really cool to someday have a todo list that syncs to the web--looking forward to new developments for Todo Classic.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IchWeissNix View Post
    Hi,

it would be nice you could make the app also available for german users. I used it via homebrew and the updating via the palm appstore to 0.3 ends up with 'this application is not available in your country' :-(

Regards, IchWeissNix

ok, I see ti's probably because of now being a to be payed app and those are not yet available in the german app catalogue.

Thus I tried to reinstall the older version from homebrew: it says that it was installed, but there is no icon to start the app inspite of the starting list showing the app?
    I'm sorry for the problem. There are a couple of issues. First it's not available for sale in Germany. Second, I made a mistake of giving the app catalog and homebrew versions the exact same appid. This causes an issue trying to move from one to the other. My apologies for this. You should still be able to uninstall and then install the homebrew version again.

I'm not sure what the plan is for international sales. I don't think we can do that yet, but I"m told there are some simple ways to translate the app to other languages. Perhaps one day.....

Also, I just looked at my replies on twitter...is that you over there too? just want to make sure I've replied to everyone. Thanks.
    hi,

no on twitter that's not me. Thanks for the explanation!

regards, IchWeissNix
    Wow - nice! I've been using RTM since switching from PalmOS, but have been really frustrated with no usable Pre app, and their apparent lack of concern and support.

Really liking your app! For me the two nice to haves are:

- More/customs options for repeatable tasks, I have some that need every 3 months
    - Sync with something, ToodleDoo would be fine. I'd pay $25 for it if it could do that. I know you are working on it.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post
    Wow - nice! I've been using RTM since switching from PalmOS, but have been really frustrated with no usable Pre app, and their apparent lack of concern and support.

Really liking your app! For me the two nice to haves are:

- More/customs options for repeatable tasks, I have some that need every 3 months
    - Sync with something, ToodleDoo would be fine. I'd pay $25 for it if it could do that. I know you are working on it.

Thanks again.
    Great! I'm glad you like it. Others have requested more options for recurring tasks so I will be considering what else to add. I just wanted to get the basic functionality in there for now.

Syncing is very important to me as well. It's going to take some time though...in between my other jobs.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Just adding my 2 cents

Todo Classic looks really good. I'll buy it as soon as I can somehow sync it with my PC or the web!
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Another idea: I'd like to be able to set "none" instead of "today" as the default due date for todo items.
    I enter and maintain many of my tasks in Exchange. Currently the ToDo app that comes with the Pre allows sync with Exchange. Would I lose this sync capability with ToDo Classic?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjquin View Post
    Just adding my 2 cents

Todo Classic looks really good. I'll buy it as soon as I can somehow sync it with my PC or the web!
    Thanks! Just need some more time.....
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Another idea: I'd like to be able to set "none" instead of "today" as the default due date for todo items.
    Oh I like this idea a lot. Should be easy enough to implement. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmsincev View Post
    I enter and maintain many of my tasks in Exchange. Currently the ToDo app that comes with the Pre allows sync with Exchange. Would I lose this sync capability with ToDo Classic?
    I'm sorry, but ToDo Classic uses a completely separate database which does not sync with Exchange.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hello; just wanted to let you know that Todo Classic has some new competition: a new homebrew app, "Cloud Tasks," lets you keep a todo list that syncs with Remember the Milk. It seems work pretty well.

I hope that some sort of web syncing with Todo Classic is coming up soon, since it would be great to have a choice of apps with this functionality.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hello; just wanted to let you know that Todo Classic has some new competition: a new homebrew app, "Cloud Tasks," lets you keep a todo list that syncs with Remember the Milk. It seems work pretty well.

I hope that some sort of web syncing with Todo Classic is coming up soon, since it would be great to have a choice of apps with this functionality.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I knew competition would have to come eventually. That app looks nice and I like some of the ideas he's used. I looked at RTM syncing, but they don't allow use of the API for commercial purposes. I didn't just want to be a homebrew app.

That said, I also want online syncing and am planning on it. It's just going to take me some time....I have other jobs. My plan is to first get alarms working for the next release since that has been heavily requested. Then I'll turn my attention toward online syncing.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi,

I really like the ToDo Classic a lot. However, I was wondering if it was possible to have webOS banner notifications on the bottom of my pre screen (similar to when I get a text message or when a calendar item comes up) for when tasks are due?

I've run into the issue that if I don't remember to regularly open and check Todo Classic, then I forget to complete tasks and the due dates slip by me.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    Hi,

I really like the ToDo Classic a lot. However, I was wondering if it was possible to have webOS banner notifications on the bottom of my pre screen (similar to when I get a text message or when a calendar item comes up) for when tasks are due?

I've run into the issue that if I don't remember to regularly open and check Todo Classic, then I forget to complete tasks and the due dates slip by me.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm working on alarm functionality which I hope to put in the next release. This has been heavily requested.

Thanks for the input!
    How can i transfer my old palm os task to my new todo classic?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chinoguanquenobi View Post
    How can i transfer my old palm os task to my new todo classic?
    There is no direct way to do this right now. If I can add online syncing later on, there might be clear path. If you know how to work with XML files, you could export your current items from Palm OS and edit the file appropriately so ToDo Classic can import it. Let me know if you need more information about that.

Depending on how many items you have, it might be faster to just type them in.

Thanks for your support.
    Nathan
    Will you be increasing the length that we can make our tasks and allowing them to wrap to the 2nd line?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast