Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Thanks for your interest. At this point, there isn't a direct import from Palm Desktop. However, I would suggest typing 2-3 items, exporting, and looking at the file. You'll see that it's just an XML file which you can edit in notepad on your computer. You could easily and quickly put your items into the XML file and then use the Import function in ToDo Classic.
    Hi,
    I just tried the XML export and it works well. But you want to change the intro text that is added to the email. Right now it talks about drpodder.xml rather than todoclassic.xml

Btw, is there a way to check off a completed task in the list view? Or do I have to open the task and then check it off?

And finally, would it possible to add a few more default due dates to the list? I'd like to see "Next Friday", "Next Monday", "In two weeks" and "In one month".

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Hi,
    I just tried the XML export and it works well. But you want to change the intro text that is added to the email. Right now it talks about drpodder.xml rather than todoclassic.xml

Btw, is there a way to check off a completed task in the list view? Or do I have to open the task and then check it off?

And finally, would it possible to add a few more default due dates to the list? I'd like to see "Next Friday", "Next Monday", "In two weeks" and "In one month".

Thanks.
    Thanks for pointing out that little problem. I already noticed it and made the correction in version 0.3.0. The developer of drPodder is a long-time friend(we were roommates in grad school) and he shared his code with me.

Swiping a task checks it off and removes it from view. You can see completed items by hitting the trash button. Completed items will then show in light gray at the bottom of the list. Swiping a completed item deletes it permanently.

I'll think about some other options for the due date drop down. I can't make the list too much longer due to space, but I agree that a couple more would be useful. I find myself on Friday wanting to bump things to Monday which requires a custom date.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Latest version (0.3.0) was just added to the Palm App Catalog! Very excited here.

Nothing huge changed before submitting to Palm. Just wanted to get it up there since it had been tested and was working. Now I can think about adding additional features.

Thanks for your help in this process so far!! Much appreciated.

Change Log
    -added categories to import/export
    -fixed but when choosing Other due date and hitting Cancel
    -changed icon
    -changed color of button on Preferences scene
    -change label on custom due date Save button to OK
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Latest version (0.3.0) was just added to the Palm App Catalog! Very excited here.

Nothing huge changed before submitting to Palm. Just wanted to get it up there since it had been tested and was working. Now I can think about adding additional features.

Thanks for your help in this process so far!! Much appreciated.

Change Log
    -added categories to import/export
    -fixed but when choosing Other due date and hitting Cancel
    -changed icon
    -changed color of button on Preferences scene
    -change label on custom due date Save button to OK
    I haven't been able to get the latest update from the app catalog - keeps saying "download failed". Tried several times, even after restarting my Pre.

Any idea what might be wrong? (I can't get the app to work at all now).

jim
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I haven't been able to get the latest update from the app catalog - keeps saying "download failed". Tried several times, even after restarting my Pre.

jim
    I'm sorry you are having problems. I can't think of any reason why this would cause a problem. You might just have to uninstall it, restart, and try downloading fresh again.

I was already running 0.3 so I didn't get the option to update from the catalog. Anyone else tried to update from the catalog??
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

jim
    Same here. So far I had no luck installing version 0.3.0.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm testing.....it might require a reinstall to move from homebrew to the app catalog. Back in a few minutes...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ok so far I can confirm that the app installed fine from the App Catalog if I had no version installed. Trying to load 0.2.0 from Preware and upgrade from that, but Preware is having some trouble here.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I can't seem to make it install a homebrew version now that it's in the App Catalog. Quick Install appears to look at the palm-catalog feed and see it there for some reason and fail.

My recommendation at this point is to completely delete the app, reboot, and install from the App Catalog. I do hope you tested the Export function and have a backup. Can't wait until I can sync this app online. I'm sorry for your trouble. Those who have been testing the homebrew version and are having trouble moving to the official version, send me a PM and I'll send you the ipk. I assume I'm allowed to do this still even though Palm is selling it.
    My recommendation at this point is to completely delete the app, reboot, and install from the App Catalog. I do hope you tested the Export function and have a backup. Can't wait until I can sync this app online. I'm sorry for your trouble. Those who have been testing the homebrew version and are having trouble moving to the official version, send me a PM and I'll send you the ipk. I assume I'm allowed to do this still even though Palm is selling it.
    Will I lose all the entries I had made when I completely delete the app?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Will I lose all the entries I had made when I completely delete the app?
    I'm sorry, but it appears that is the case. If you can still open it at all and do an export, then you can import them after reinstalling.

There just seems to be some issue moving from the homebrew version to the app catalog version. If you PM me, I can send you the newer version but that won't fix the problem the next time I release an update.

My apologies.
    I'm sorry, but it appears that is the case. If you can still open it at all and do an export, then you can import them after reinstalling.

There just seems to be some issue moving from the homebrew version to the app catalog version. If you PM me, I can send you the newer version but that won't fix the problem the next time I release an update.

My apologies.
    Can't open the app at all, will have to just try to remember whatever entries I made.

I noticed that the one in the App Catalog is a paid app, and I guess the one I was using was free from homebrew. I think it's well worth the money, so I'll just delete the old one and purchase it from the app catalog.

Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Can't open the app at all, will have to just try to remember whatever entries I made.

I noticed that the one in the App Catalog is a paid app, and I guess the one I was using was free from homebrew. I think it's well worth the money, so I'll just delete the old one and purchase it from the app catalog.

Thanks!
    Yeah the one in homebrew was free for testing. Future releases are paid and will be in the App Catalog. I'm sorry you are having issues, but once you transfer over it should be fine.

Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
    I have really missed a strong task manager on the pre. I know you are going for simple so these request may not be something you are interested in, but here is what is required for me to use any task app:

-Recurring tasks - repeat on a schedule
    -Floating tasks - move due date to next day if incomplete, keep original due date for repeats
    -Views - Sets of saved filters for multiple categories, due dates, priorities, etc.

I have paid and would pay again $20 for such an app.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I have really missed a strong task manager on the pre. I know you are going for simple so these request may not be something you are interested in, but here is what is required for me to use any task app:

-Recurring tasks - repeat on a schedule
    -Floating tasks - move due date to next day if incomplete, keep original due date for repeats
    -Views - Sets of saved filters for multiple categories, due dates, priorities, etc.

I have paid and would pay again $20 for such an app.
    Thanks for the input! This app is still a work in progress so more features are coming. Recurring tasks is high on my list. The other 2 suggestions I'll have to think about. I guess I handle the floating tasks in a different way currently. The original due date stays, the item stays at the top of the list and turns to red to indicate it is now overdue. Views might be too much for this app. Time will tell.

I'm ok with more features as long as I can keep the interface simple and make it so you don't have to go through a bunch of options just to add a new item.
    Your approach to floating is fine, the key is that it not repeat until the current version of the task is marked complete, then repeat to the next date in the repeat cycle.

I have many tasks that are yearly, monthly, or weekly. I don't really care the exact day they are done, I just need them to show up in my "today" view at about the time they need to be done and hang around a few days till I can complete them, then come back for the next cycle. Yearly examples include "register car" and "plan anniversary." Monthly examples include "plan a service project" and "go on a daddy daughter date."

Views are more about saved filters, it should not impact adding a task at all.

Storing tasks and their properties is only half the battle. Getting the tool to show you the right tasks at the right time is where the real benefits come for me. That means being able to filter on a category or multiple categories, by due date, by priority, etc.

A view then is saving a specific filter configuration and creating a link to it so it is easy to return to.

Good luck, in the past I have paid for DateBk4, 5, and 6, and pocket informant. I paid ~$20 for each of these. They all do more than just tasks, but tasks was all I used.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Your approach to floating is fine, the key is that it not repeat until the current version of the task is marked complete, then repeat to the next date in the repeat cycle.

I have many tasks that are yearly, monthly, or weekly. I don't really care the exact day they are done, I just need them to show up in my "today" view at about the time they need to be done and hang around a few days till I can complete them, then come back for the next cycle. Yearly examples include "register car" and "plan anniversary." Monthly examples include "plan a service project" and "go on a daddy daughter date."

Views are more about saved filters, it should not impact adding a task at all.

Storing tasks and their properties is only half the battle. Getting the tool to show you the right tasks at the right time is where the real benefits come for me. That means being able to filter on a category or multiple categories, by due date, by priority, etc.

A view then is saving a specific filter configuration and creating a link to it so it is easy to return to.

Good luck, in the past I have paid for DateBk4, 5, and 6, and pocket informant. I paid ~$20 for each of these. They all do more than just tasks, but tasks was all I used.
    Hmm, I'll have to give all this some thought. I want to keep it as simple as possible while adding useful features. I see your point about the views. Thanks for the input!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hi; any guess as to how long it will take to link Todo Classic to iGoogle? I remember that iGoogle sync was planned for Todo Classic a while back--I wondr if there has been any word from Google yet, of if a third party solution (eg sync via Toodleloo, etc.). I also wonder how long it typically takes for google to approve igoogle gadgets (weeks? Months?).

just curious about when google integration of this app is likely, if that is still planned...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hi; any guess as to how long it will take to link Todo Classic to iGoogle? I remember that iGoogle sync was planned for Todo Classic a while back--I wondr if there has been any word from Google yet, of if a third party solution (eg sync via Toodleloo, etc.). I also wonder how long it typically takes for google to approve igoogle gadgets (weeks? Months?).

just curious about when google integration of this app is likely, if that is still planned...
    I really want online syncing, but I have a couple of other matters to deal with first. That will be a pretty major undertaking. At this point, I'm looking at syncing with ToodleDoo. They have a google gadget which can be used in Gmail and Google Calendar etc. They can also import from Palm Desktop.

I would prefer to sync directly to Google Tasks, but that's not an option right now and at least this gets the stuff into the Google universe.

It's going to be a little while though.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast