Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wow-thanks; this is great! So fast and simple! I hate how in the new Palm Tasks you always had to open the app and pick a list of tasks before adding or reading your tasks. This is much quicker and easier for simple task lists, and I definitely appreciate your approach of keeping it that way and thinking twice before adding lots of complex task management features.

I really hope that you can get integration with Google/iGoogle sometime soon, since it's very helpful to have your todo's on your homepage. I find the iGoogle tasks widget to be a little buggy (takes up of lots of room even when there's just a few tasks) so I hope ToDo Classic gets its own widget, but I would also be very happy if it just integrates with the iGoogle tasks widget.

Anyway, thanks again. I look forward to using ToDo Classic (and supporting it once it makes it to the Palm app catalog) instead of the Googletasks web app, to keep myself slightly more organized.
    how about font size choices so we can fit more data onscreen?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Now if you added integration to the calendar this would be awesome.
    Haven't considered calendar integration yet. Seems like I would lose functionality that way? Would you just want to see the items and when you tap one have it open ToDo Classic??
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    @hopfrog Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Some sort of online syncing is HIGH on my list. Google is my preference, but I might have to settle for something else for the time being. I was thinking about using ToodleDo as just a way to import/export/backup data until I can build out a full sync solution?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    how about font size choices so we can fit more data onscreen?
    Agreed...I would also like more data onscreen so I considered making the fonts or just the rows smaller. However, Palm is pretty specific about how small you can make the tap targets. If I make the rows smaller I might have trouble getting into the catalog. We also might find it a little harder to use if the rows are too small?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I was thinking about using ToodleDo as just a way to import/export/backup data until I can build out a full sync solution

This sounds like a good idea; I'm not sure I love the big cartoony "ToodleDo" logo on my startpage, but as long as I can get a simple view of my tasks to be the default view for the Gadget it would be useful, at least till full iGoogle integration is possible.

I'm not sure what advantages/disadvantages ToodleDo has vs other ToDo applications. It does seem pretty full-featured, which is good unless users assume that ToDo Classic will support all the options available on ToodleDo.

p.s. I've been playing with ToDo Classic--still loving it. I do think that one useful feature to add might be an ability to drag tasks up and down like on the default "Tasks" app.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Haven't considered calendar integration yet. Seems like I would lose functionality that way? Would you just want to see the items and when you tap one have it open ToDo Classic??
    Unless I missed it, if we could integrate with the calendar our calendar would remind me I have something to do. The author of quickevent created a patch that allows you to create a event by just typing and I thought it would be nice to add the task and set it to remind you at a certain time.

and yes once you get the reminder allow it to open in Todo. Haeffb the creator of agenda does something similliar just when you click on the event in agenda it will take you to the calendar, it would be nice if the opposite could occur. Great app!! Keep up the great work.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I thought of one more suggestion. I was looking (for the first time in a while) at the Palm Tasks that comes with the Pre. As I mentioned, I don't use it because it slows you down by forcing you to choose which ToDo list you want to look at every time you open the app.

But I have to confess that once you've opened a list on the Palm Tasks app, adding items is *very* fast. Just type and hit enter and you're already entering the next item (you don't need to backswipe or go to a separate screen to enter a new task). This is a little faster than the way ToDo Classic does it, I think.

For me it's all about being fast and easy, so it might be nice to have an option for "Tasks" style item entry. I'm sure that would a pretty big thing to include, but I still thought I'd mention that just as a possibility.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Thanks!

It's certainly something I'll consider, but it's going to be down the road. I want to make sure the basic functionality is solid before adding more.
    Can't ask for more. Thanks!

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    @hopfrog I think we're on the same page. It's all about efficiency for me. I want to be able to add, change, and complete items on the go quickly and easily.

I considered custom reordering, but decided to hold off on that for you. I'll consider it later on. I do plan on adding priorities like in the Palm OS app. This would give you 3 options for sorting - alpha, due date, and priority. This should cover most people, but we'll see.

Also, I do like the ability to add tasks from the list screen. I would like to perhaps add this add this at some point, but it will require restructuring a good bit.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Unless I missed it, if we could integrate with the calendar our calendar would remind me I have something to do. The author of quickevent created a patch that allows you to create a event by just typing and I thought it would be nice to add the task and set it to remind you at a certain time.

and yes once you get the reminder allow it to open in Todo. Haeffb the creator of agenda does something similliar just when you click on the event in agenda it will take you to the calendar, it would be nice if the opposite could occur. Great app!! Keep up the great work.
    Good thoughts, thank you for the suggestions and for trying my app! I'll be adding all this to my list to sort through later and decide what's most important and useful w/o weighting the app down too much.
    Is it possible to make the items in the list wrap to the next line instead of adding the "..." to the end of the line? A smaller font would probably accomplish the same goal as it's only a few letters being cut off. Either way, some sort of solution to that would be nice. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Is it possible to make the items in the list wrap to the next line instead of adding the "..." to the end of the line? A smaller font would probably accomplish the same goal as it's only a few letters being cut off. Either way, some sort of solution to that would be nice. Thanks!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put this issue on the list of things to consider. I would also like to see a little more on the line sometimes. I'm not sure if Palm will be happy with a smaller font and I'm not sure how wrapping the line would look. Perhaps if the row height could just increase to allow for another line of text.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    New version is up! (0.2.0)

Changes
    -Updated About scene to current standards
    -Added Export capability to XML text through email
    -Added Import capability from ToDo Classic exported XML
    -Added ability to mark completed item to uncomplete
    -Changed icons on Add and Edit scenes
    -Added icon in Categories scene
    -Added saved view, sort, and category from last use
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    nlowhor:

Are you planning on adding the ability to set the time of day that a task is due?

Thanks much.

Mark
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    nlowhor:

Are you planning on adding the ability to set the time of day that a task is due?

Thanks much.

Mark
    Yes this would be quite useful. Also recurring tasks would be great. For instance one has a task on Thursday at 5 pm. Once you check it the task is moved to the next date and time (e.g. one week later on Thursday).

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    nlowhor:

Thanks much.

Mark
    Thank you for the suggestion. This is pretty far down my list right now though. I'm of the opinion that items which don't have to be done by a particular time go on a todo list and time-sensitive items go on a calendar. Maybe that's just me though. It still might be something I will add if enough people want it when I get to thinking about alarms/notifications.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Yes this would be quite useful. Also recurring tasks would be great. For instance one has a task on Thursday at 5 pm. Once you check it the task is moved to the next date and time (e.g. one week later on Thursday).

Thanks.
    I'm very interested in adding recurring tasks. I think everyone has things that have to be done every week or once a month.

I just can't do it all for the first release, but this one is certainly on my list for the future.

Thanks!
    I'm interested in this app. Is there any way to get my ToDo items from my palm desktop into this app? I have a lot of items - 116 - would be a pain to retype.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    I'm interested in this app. Is there any way to get my ToDo items from my palm desktop into this app? I have a lot of items - 116 - would be a pain to retype.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Thanks for your interest. At this point, there isn't a direct import from Palm Desktop. However, I would suggest typing 2-3 items, exporting, and looking at the file. You'll see that it's just an XML file which you can edit in notepad on your computer. You could easily and quickly put your items into the XML file and then use the Import function in ToDo Classic.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast