1.    #1  
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...il-client-beta

YouView the visual voicemail client powered by YouMail has gone Open Beta. Please keep in mind there are still some kinks and wrinkles to work out. If you have any questions, ideas, or need help just let us know HERE.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 01/14/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    just tried it...and received a test voicemail...and it works perfectly...except when hearing voicemails its too low
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Really liked YouMail before I switched to GoogleVoice to use visual voicemail with the Voicemail app. Now I've got a reason to go back to YouMail! Can't wait to try the app
    I assume the answer's no, but I have to ask anyway... Not knowing anything about how easy or difficult Google's Voice API is, is there any possibility of adding support for that in future versions? I really like the transcription feature in Google and don't want to have to pay to get similar in YouMail, but at the same time this is clearly a better app than the one I'm using now for GV Voicemail.

And to the above poster who's sayin the volume is too low, unfortunately it's not possible to use the headset earpiece so I believe this uses the rear speaker at low volumes to try and keep your voicemail private.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And to the above poster who's sayin the volume is too low, unfortunately it's not possible to use the headset earpiece so I believe this uses the rear speaker at low volumes to try and keep your voicemail private.
    that's cool no problem
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Very pleased with this so far! I haven't encountered any problems. I was mildly disappointed to discover that voicemail transcriptions were a paid service, but given everything that this app offers for free, I guess I can't complain! Always great when Homebrew provides features missing from the official Pre.

Hopefully one day, Palm will give us "official" visual voicemail. Until then, this app works great! Thanks!
    you have to pay if you want to see what the voice mail says w tf!
    I installed the app with no problem; I setup an account with no problem, but just cannot get my voicemail displayed. Help Please!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazone2009 View Post
    I installed the app with no problem; I setup an account with no problem, but just cannot get my voicemail displayed. Help Please!
    Keep in mind only new voicemails will appear not one already in your voicemail. Shoot me a PM if your still having trouble.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Im not sure if they are not up and running but the different messages that people receive when calling dont seem to be working. possibly not enabled yet? It doesnt save the selected choice. Other than that hats off to a visual voicemail app!! Also when trying to sync my facebook and palm accounts to this It didn't sync. Possibly in a future update?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Had to uninstall and reinstall the app, now it hangs when authorizing account.
    What to do? It wont import my contacts?
    how do u import contacts btw?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!