Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I hope Google enables StreetView and Navigation on the Pre version of GoogleMaps, as well as being able to enable, disable Latitude from Google Maps directly.
    For what it's worth, I created a patch to do something like this.

[Patch] Google Latitude workaround

I figured it out...I'd accidentally uninstalled the iPhone spoof browser hack.

Perfect now.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I use the Latitude homebrew application, together with iPhone spoof and the workaround. Works perfectly well. Looking at myself when I drive in the car, my position is moving very precisely.

My pre goes screen off after a minute (Latitude app still running). When I switch it on again, my picture is at the position where my screen went dark and is updated after a couple of seconds.

My question: Are the position data transferred to Google during the screen-off persiod anyway? Does someone looking at my position in e.g. iGoogle or on another phone see me still moving even if my screen is off (and on my Pre my position seems frozen)?
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I use the Latitude homebrew application, together with iPhone spoof and the workaround. Works perfectly well. Looking at myself when I drive in the car, my position is moving very precisely.
    There's no need to use the app or the iPhone spoof when using the workaround patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    My pre goes screen off after a minute (Latitude app still running). When I switch it on again, my picture is at the position where my screen went dark and is updated after a couple of seconds.

My question: Are the position data transferred to Google during the screen-off persiod anyway? Does someone looking at my position in e.g. iGoogle or on another phone see me still moving even if my screen is off (and on my Pre my position seems frozen)?
    As for this situation, the answer is no...Your location is not updated while the screen is off...Being that it's not officially supported yet, our current service does not support this type of background updating, but it's likely it will once the service is officially available from Google...I say this because iPhone is the only platform at this point that doesn't supporting background updating of Latitude. Sharing location - Mobile Help

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Thanks, xanthinealkaloid, for the reply. Your link was actually what I was searching for in Latitude Help, but I was too stupid to check about iPhone....... and thanks for the tip about the spoof. I know that, but I have the spoof for the appearance of web pages anyway..........
    This works really well! Thanks for posting it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12