• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 99 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Thanks I missed that part of his post.

I'm late to this party, but love the app
    better late that never
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Since I cannot test the voice roaming please someone that has that working test it and report to me if it is not working as it should.
    Voice roam only setting not working for me . I do have roam only patches on my pre and they work fine.
  3.    #1963  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Voice roam only setting not working for me . I do have roam only patches on my pre and they work fine.
    Yes I thought so since I am unable to test this since don't have voice roaming. I will see if I can find the reason if not I have a test person to send the code to figure out whats wrong. Thanks for reporting this.
  4.    #1964  
    Version 0.9.28 is out soon. Only change is that I added the configuration updating so MS should work even if there is "old" configuration for the apps and wifi trigger. NOTE: you still need to check through youre apps and wifi trigger configuration since MS has no way of guessing what those new config options should be set to.

The support for adding new config options for newer version will come in next release so after that situations like this should not happen anymore.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    hay i just found this on the feed and i have to say this is probably the greatest idea ever. I have been waiting for an app like this since i saw a similar app on the droid. sorry if you have posted this a million times but how to i get the beta? what is the feed name to add to preware? Thanks alot for all the work, if i can get the beta ill be sure to help report bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    hay i just found this on the feed and i have to say this is probably the greatest idea ever. I have been waiting for an app like this since i saw a similar app on the droid. sorry if you have posted this a million times but how to i get the beta? what is the feed name to add to preware? Thanks alot for all the work, if i can get the beta ill be sure to help report bugs
    Check out the Mode Switcher Wiki for installation help.

In the near future it will include some how-to information.

EDIT: Or use the information just posted by Sconix. Currently the wiki is a work in progress.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/14/2010 at 01:40 PM.
  7.    #1967  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    Thanks, the info is in the very first post. Or the app can also be found from the webos internals testing feed. You also want to see:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

For what I am currently implementing and what bugs there are. There are couple problems with the latest release still but I am now away from my computer for a week so they will have to wait until I am back home.
    Version 0.9.28 is out soon. Only change is that I added the configuration updating so MS should work even if there is "old" configuration for the apps and wifi trigger. NOTE: you still need to check through youre apps and wifi trigger configuration since MS has no way of guessing what those new config options should be set to.

The support for adding new config options for newer version will come in next release so after that situations like this should not happen anymore.
    the mode menu patch no longer seems to communicate with MS, at least completely. preliminary observations, i can change modes with menu, but the current mode is not updated- e.g. from default, switch to work and banners come up, but menu still has default at upper left and menu does not show work active. if again switch to work, 'reloading work mode' shows on banner. also, my wifi trigger does not seem to be working, at least at work.
    will try to get messge file and update, but wanted to get this out there in case anyone else noticed it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by everette13; 06/14/2010 at 02:28 PM.
  9.    #1969  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    the mode menu patch no longer seems to communicate with MS, at least completely. preliminary observations, i can change modes with menu, but the current mode is not updated- e.g. from default, switch to work and banners come up, but menu still has default at upper left and menu does not show work active. if again switch to work, 'reloading work mode' shows on banner. also, my wifi trigger does not seem to be working, at least at work.
    will try to get messge file and update, but wanted to get this out there in case anyone else noticed it.
    The are no changes to the code that could cause the mode menu not working. It is working at least for me. If restart wont help then you can delete the mode to reset the configuration. The app and wifi trigger related code should be modified by the 0.9.28 release automatically but if not even the removing of the trigger and setting it back will reset the configuration on that part. It is the only thing that I can think of that could help the mode menu thing. The wifi trigger seems to have some bug so I managed to brake it with the delay option. I will fix it as soon as I can. I am now away from my computer for week so lets see if I can get it before the next weekend.

The problem is that the last version changed the configuration of wifi trigger and applications so if old configuration exists and it is not updated correctly the MS wont be able to change modes succesfully.
    Installed 9.28 and it destroyed my launcher again and it is not working right --i am deleting mode switcher and all patches entirely and re-installing

mode menu patch is not working
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i'm noticing some issues with this update as well. It doesn't seem to switch modes correctly anymore, as the background image and name of profile in the top corner do not change.

Also I can no longer edit/load my default mode, pressing the button does nothing now. I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would work but now I just get the card with the pulsing ModeSwitcher icon.

Edit - How can i completely remove all of Mode Switcher so I can do a complete reinstall? I tried uninstalling via Preware but same issues exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    i'm noticing some issues with this update as well. It doesn't seem to switch modes correctly anymore, as the background image and name of profile in the top corner do not change.

Also I can no longer edit/load my default mode, pressing the button does nothing now. I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would work but now I just get the card with the pulsing ModeSwitcher icon.

Edit - How can i completely remove all of Mode Switcher so I can do a complete reinstall? I tried uninstalling via Preware but same issues exist.
    which version do you have installed?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i'm using 0.9.28 now, had 0.9.27 earlier. Uninstalled 0.9.27, installed 0.9.28 now I can't get the app to open completely
    i'm using 0.9.28 now, had 0.9.27 earlier. Uninstalled 0.9.27, installed 0.9.28 now I can't get the app to open completely
    sorry to hear you are having problems but i am glad it is not only me
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  15.    #1975  
    I don't get where these problems comes since I haven't changed the packaging of the application. The app not opening means that MS is not started on luna boot. So either the patch Start MS on luna boot is not installed anymore properly or starting of MS fails due to some error in the code. I have tested the app both in emulator and in my phone and I don't have any problems. But I can see how the small configuration change could cause problems for some. Therefore I will add configuration reset to the next version and the code that enables for me to add features in future version without getting into this situation. I should have add it before since it has made adding new configuration options a pain.

So if you can't get it to work just wait a bit. I will get 0.9.29 out as soon as possible with fixes and those above features that should make everything right. I just wanted to try to avoid the configuration reset since I have done it already in couple release, but since this is still beta maybe I can do it once more.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't get where these problems comes since I haven't changed the packaging of the application. The app not opening means that MS is not started on luna boot. So either the patch Start MS on luna boot is not installed anymore properly or starting of MS fails due to some error in the code. I have tested the app both in emulator and in my phone and I don't have any problems. But I can see how the small configuration change could cause problems for some. Therefore I will add configuration reset to the next version and the code that enables for me to add features in future version without getting into this situation. I should have add it before since it has made adding new configuration options a pain.

So if you can't get it to work just wait a bit. I will get 0.9.29 out as soon as possible with fixes and those above features that should make everything right. I just wanted to try to avoid the configuration reset since I have done it already in couple release, but since this is still beta maybe I can do it once more.
    Thanks, Sconix. Just so you know, I have been using this app along with the 'load on boot' patch since the first release and LOVE it!

I think it has something to do with my default profile, as after the update to 0.9.27 it would display the msg 'Starting Default Profile' but never say it finished and none of the settings changed. I went into the App, tried changing the default settings from there but the button did not open the default settings info.

I then uninstalled and updated to 0.9.28 and now it just sits on the pulsing icon, which I am assuming it's trying to load/get info for the default mode...

Edit - After a reboot, only the default apps show up in my launcher pages. Looks like I'm visiting the doctor.
    Last edited by lswartz33; 06/14/2010 at 03:04 PM.
  17.    #1977  
    Thanks, Sconix. Just so you know, I have been using this app along with the 'load on boot' patch since the first release and LOVE it!

I think it has something to do with my default profile, as after the update to 0.9.27 it would display the msg 'Starting Default Profile' but never say it finished and none of the settings changed. I went into the App, tried changing the default settings from there but the button did not open the default settings info.

I then uninstalled and updated to 0.9.28 and now it just sits on the pulsing icon, which I am assuming it's trying to load/get info for the default mode...
    OK then I am pretty sure that the configuration updating stuff fails and prevents MS starting for you. Funny that it worked for me though. I try to get the new version out for tomorrow and will add the configuration reset just to get rid of the problem easily and it will also make it easier for me to introduce the new code that will take care of the new configuration options automatically without any problems in the future.
    9.28, deleted all modes and replaced them. restarted phone. (put logs from earlier on previous post below; not for this retest)
    made one mode for 'work' with wifi trigger.
    -as you said, wifi trigger not working.
    -can change modes w menu, but name does not change to reflect it, and still says 'off' in menu list (banner did come up saying switched successfully)
    when tap 'switch to this mode' in menu again, "reloading..." comes up, so does seem to be in that mode; also the radio changes did occur for the work mode*)
    -the voice roam does not work for me either (sprint, USA, CDMA phone also w menu megamix patch that has option to change voice roam which DOES work.)
    -added 'test' mode and changed to it; first time it worked, but can't close mode w menu.
    -when try to change back to work mode, settings change but again name does not- stays 'test'- and menu still shows test as active. 'close test' does nothing, 'switch to work' makes banner with "reloading work.." appear.

would removing and reinstalling MS also 'reset' what you mention below?
    Last edited by everette13; 06/14/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    What would have caused my launcher to delete all but 3 pages and move all of the icons around? -- it happened twice the second time just from installing 9.28
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Same for me. Installed .28 and now the icon highlights but doesn't open program.