View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 96 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3326
  1.    #1901  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    So other MS users are aware, it sounds like Dan, the developer of Music (Remix) will be adding support for launch parameters hopefully in a future release.

    See his response to my question here.

    I think this is good news.
    Good news, I have missed few launch parameters for Music (remix) for sometime now
  2.    #1902  
    I released 0.9.26 today it only has a small bug fix and the main reason was synchronizing the release in my feed with the one in WebOS internals testing feed.

    The next release with bigger changes should be out on Sunday night.
  3. #1903  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well this makes sense, but at least I was kinda hoping that the new submode or what ever would make this a none problem. Since at least I will make my quiet mode a submode. The submode will be able to stay on as long as it is closed. Hence it is not in any fallback list etc. It even stays on even if you change modes overriding the normal mode settings. Only the normal modes act like the modes do now. I am not yet sure how this will turn out, but I hope it would make sense.

    So the way I am planning to do the submode which should be ideal for modes like quiet/battery low etc. is the following. Please comment if you think there could be potential problems etc.

    So the normal modes keep on acting as they are. The submodes can be set to activate the same manner that normal modes. But when ever the submode is on the mode name in the top bar is not changed only altered in a way that you know that some submode(s) is on. And from the menu you of course can select start/close the modes as you wish. I am thinking of placing the submodes in a submenu but lets see have to play with the idea a bit more. Then when ever submode is activated its settings will override the settings of normal mode. So the normal mode can change independently of the submode. Hence low battery / silent modes can be implemented which stay on as long as you want but the normal modes can be changed according to place for instance (work / home).

    So what to you think?
    I think this sounds good. Will have to hash this over in my mind some more to see if I can think of any reason it would generate a problem.

    Overall I think the implementation of the submodes or fallback (what is your technical/correct term?) works, however, there are a few times where I wish I had the option to pick what modes were allowed to fall back to (kind of like the block other modes for the triggers, but for falling back from a mode... (Does that make sense?).

    As of right now, I have MS setup the way I think I like it to be configured, but I am always deleting all of my modes and recreating them the same or differently to experiment with different settings, etc... So I will keep testing out stuff and hold on for the new logic and stuff before I try and settle on how I want it configured for day to day use.

    I know I mentioned this before, but would be helpful if you could get an overview or print out of the configuration of MS (modes, settings, etc...) maybe as an xml file or something. I don't know. Would help with troubleshooting and what not. (You could put this on your future future future release list.)
  4.    #1904  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I think this sounds good. Will have to hash this over in my mind some more to see if I can think of any reason it would generate a problem.

    Overall I think the implementation of the submodes or fallback (what is your technical/correct term?) works, however, there are a few times where I wish I had the option to pick what modes were allowed to fall back to (kind of like the block other modes for the triggers, but for falling back from a mode... (Does that make sense?).

    As of right now, I have MS setup the way I think I like it to be configured, but I am always deleting all of my modes and recreating them the same or differently to experiment with different settings, etc... So I will keep testing out stuff and hold on for the new logic and stuff before I try and settle on how I want it configured for day to day use.

    I know I mentioned this before, but would be helpful if you could get an overview or print out of the configuration of MS (modes, settings, etc...) maybe as an xml file or something. I don't know. Would help with troubleshooting and what not. (You could put this on your future future future release list.)
    Yes the mode overview / config sending to email etc is on my future future list

    I will try to get the "submode" support out soon so people could try it. Since I know that after that I might need to tweak the mode fallback etc. so that everything works like a charm and how people would expect it to work. I just released the chaining so that people can already experiment with it and get familiar with it, but it really needs the new mode logic stuff too before it all starts to make sense (hopefully). But this is the reason why no 1.0.0 release yet since the mode logic thing is a good to get it right before that.
  5. #1905  
    Last night on my way home, I was listening to some tunes from the Music Remix app which was launched from my "Car" mode.

    It got me thinking about the possibility of another trigger.
    Would it be possible to have a trigger based on if a headphone or aux line cable is plugged into the headphone jack on the phone?

    In my case I have my Pre on my car's touchstone charger. I then hook my Pre to my radio's aux/line in jack to listen to my tunes.

    Not sure of the coding challenges behind this, just an idea that crossed my mind.
  6.    #1906  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Last night on my way home, I was listening to some tunes from the Music Remix app which was launched from my "Car" mode.

    It got me thinking about the possibility of another trigger.
    Would it be possible to have a trigger based on if a headphone or aux line cable is plugged into the headphone jack on the phone?

    In my case I have my Pre on my car's touchstone charger. I then hook my Pre to my radio's aux/line in jack to listen to my tunes.

    Not sure of the coding challenges behind this, just an idea that crossed my mind.
    In my list: http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

    Not sure if its possible, but I think so. I think I saw a some way to get notified when headphones was connected.
  7. #1907  
    When are you planning to add support for Govnah to load profiles? It would be great to load particular profiles at times of day for different uses, and/or a specific Touchstone profile to slow it down & keeps temps low.

    Great app BTW!
  8. #1908  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    In my list: http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

    Not sure if its possible, but I think so. I think I saw a some way to get notified when headphones was connected.
    You would think I would have seen that at some point in time. I look at that page and especially the wiki just about every day. Duh. That is twice this week I made myself look silly/stupid. Lovely...
  9.    #1909  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    When are you planning to add support for Govnah to load profiles? It would be great to load particular profiles at times of day for different uses, and/or a specific Touchstone profile to slow it down & keeps temps low.

    Great app BTW!
    Actually during this weekend. Not sure if I add a special support for govnah or jsut support for starting apps on mode close. Even with latter you could set certain profile activate on mode start and another on mode close so in either case you can control govnah with the next version most likely.
  10. #1910  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I released 0.9.26 today it only has a small bug fix and the main reason was synchronizing the release in my feed with the one in WebOS internals testing feed.

    The next release with bigger changes should be out on Sunday night.
    Did you tweak/fix the wifi bug?

    "Wifi trigger wont do anything when wifi is closed manually."

    It seems to be working better for me anyways after jumping to 0.9.26.
  11. bakerja's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1911  
    Concerning fallback modes, is it feasable to have a fallback choice? 90% of the time, I would prefer to fallback to default mode. If there was a menu to choose which mode to fallback to (choices being: default, last or other mode) would that take care of it? You could include this choice for each mode.
  12. #1912  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Concerning fallback modes, is it feasable to have a fallback choice? 90% of the time, I would prefer to fallback to default mode. If there was a menu to choose which mode to fallback to (choices being: default, last or other mode) would that take care of it? You could include this choice for each mode.
    I agree.

    This of course depends on how the new chaining and mode logic goes.
  13.    #1913  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Concerning fallback modes, is it feasable to have a fallback choice? 90% of the time, I would prefer to fallback to default mode. If there was a menu to choose which mode to fallback to (choices being: default, last or other mode) would that take care of it? You could include this choice for each mode.
    First I want to see how the rest of the mode logic changes will effect the usage of modes. Since don't want to add something now that would get rendered useless after the changes.
  14.    #1914  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Did you tweak/fix the wifi bug?

    "Wifi trigger wont do anything when wifi is closed manually."

    It seems to be working better for me anyways after jumping to 0.9.26.
    I only changed one bit not actually fixed or tested anything concerning the wifi trigger yet. Will do lots more testing on this weekend now I mainly wanted to sync the versions in both feeds and will try to update the WebOS testing feed from now on too so they will keep in sync until the stable release.
  15. #1915  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually during this weekend. Not sure if I add a special support for govnah or jsut support for starting apps on mode close. Even with latter you could set certain profile activate on mode start and another on mode close so in either case you can control govnah with the next version most likely.
    Great, I look forward to testing it out. One of the things I'm trying to accomplish is have my "night mode" activate during night time hours when I set the Pre on the Touchstone, is lower brightness, launch Govnah to lower the speed, then launch the clock & keep the screen on, so it's basically a nightstand alarm clock. This all works fine now, except for having Govnah automatically load a speed profile. Then of course when it's removed from Touchstone, the profile should return to default, and should load the regular Govnah CPU speed profile.
  16. #1916  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have been busy lately so thats why I have been a bit in quiet mode, but anyhow I hopefully have time on this weekend and I am thinking of adding some kind of test workaround code for the BT problem. So lets see if it helps or not since it is a bit coding blind since I am not seeing the problem.
    sconix,
    i think my BT issue is different from the hanging others are reporting, and it only occurs on my home router (tested at work and BT does not cause dropping of wifi connection). your mentioned additions of a disconnect delay for wifi trigger, similar to the one for the TS trigger, or the addition of an orientation on TS setting will fix my apparently unique problem. even with all my BT switching/messing, i have never had the radio hang. don't use your time for my non-issue.

    hope your personal quiet mode 'end trigger' is something fun.....
  17. #1917  
    Any idea when MS will include the voice roaming setting?? I wouldn't figure this would take much to implement, and this probably is one of the most prominent features I am waiting for. One of the place i spend a lot of time at only has verizon coverage and am using one of the roam toggle apps to trigger roam here, but i have to manually switch back and I forget a lot.

    Is there a way until this happens to trigger an app to start when a mode CLOSES rather than opens with a new one> ? I would only want the app to start when a specific mode closes, that or have voice roaming options.
  18.    #1918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    Any idea when MS will include the voice roaming setting?? I wouldn't figure this would take much to implement, and this probably is one of the most prominent features I am waiting for. One of the place i spend a lot of time at only has verizon coverage and am using one of the roam toggle apps to trigger roam here, but i have to manually switch back and I forget a lot.

    Is there a way until this happens to trigger an app to start when a mode CLOSES rather than opens with a new one> ? I would only want the app to start when a specific mode closes, that or have voice roaming options.
    The starting of apps on mode close might come this weekend. About the voice roaming, it is not a big task, but the problem is that I cannot test it by myself. So it will take a bit longer since I need to send it to someone for testing etc. I try to add this quite soon though.

    EDIT: or maybe I just add this on next release since even if it does not work it should not cause any problems.
  19. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #1919  
    My MS keeps switching back and forth between default and home mode and I have almost always noticed to get the "TMC" error associated with it, when it switches from home to default.
    Probably low memory issue?
  20.    #1920  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    My MS keeps switching back and forth between default and home mode and I have almost always noticed to get the "TMC" error associated with it, when it switches from home to default.
    Probably low memory issue?
    Do you have the latest version? Since it really should not load default mode anymore on low memory if the active mode has valid triggers. Or at least tell me what triggers your home mode has since it could be that actually some of the triggers wont have time to update their state on MS startup and hence the default mode is started temporary.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions