32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 94 of 167 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Since I'm obviously not the only Newby around here.... I was wondering about a post I saw yesterday from Sconix which stated that the menu patch might be broken / in need of an update. I've udpated MS this morning, but didn't see a patch.

Is there some MS Menu patch functionality that is currently inoperable?
    I believe the update that was discussed for the MS menu patch has to do with the new mode logic coming in the next/future release of MS along with a few other tweaks.

(I read through the full patch thread and did not see this answered). If I use the menu patch to close a triggered mode (Work-wifi) and I'm still at work... if I re-enable that mode manually with the patch, will the close trigger (leaving the work wifi area) still trigger MS to revert to the prior mode (in my case, just Default)?
    I'll leave this one for Sconix to address. I think I follow what your saying, but I don't want to give bad advice/info.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I believe the update that was discussed for the MS menu patch has to do with the new mode logic coming in the next/future release of MS along with a few other tweaks.
    Thanks. Since yesterday was literally my first few hours with the app -- combined with the fact that the bug fixed this morning caused my MS menu patch to fail to turn off my custom modes, I was all confused and thought the patch was just broken. Now the the app has been updated to fix the bug, the patch seems to work working as expected.

I'll leave this one for Sconix to address. I think I follow what your saying, but I don't want to give bad advice/info.
    More generally, I'm wondering if the "Off" trigger for a given mode it tied to that mode having been enabled automatically by the "On" trigger. So that in cases where the mode was enabled manually (by a launcher icon or the MS menu patch), will the "Off" trigger criteria still apply or will the mode stay "On" until it is manually turned off. I think that's a better general description of my question without muddying the waters with the specific example I mentioned above. (Not that I'm expecting you to answer, just to clarify for Sconix or others)

Again, I'm so so excited to have found this app. I can't believe it hasn't gotten more prominent 'press' yet by our esteemed leaders and the community in general -- then again, it is still in Alpha/Beta.
    Thanks. Since yesterday was literally my first few hours with the app -- combined with the fact that the bug fixed this morning caused my MS menu patch to not work to turn off modes, I was all confused and thought the patch was just broken. Now the the app has been updated, the patch seems to work working as expected.

More generally, I'm wondering if the "Off" trigger for a given mode it tied to that mode having been enabled automatically by the "On" trigger. So that in cases where the mode was enabled manually (by a launcher icon or the MS menu patch), will the "Off" trigger criteria still apply or will the mode stay "On" until it is manually turned off. I think that's a better general description of my question without muddying the waters with the specific example I mentioned above. (Not that I'm expecting you to answer, just to clarify for Sconix or others)
    Ah. Yes, the mode will still be closed or "triggered" off even though you turned a mode on manually.

For example, I have a Quiet mode that shuts down just about everything and makes the ringers, sounds, alerts all vibrate and/or have no volume. This Quiet mode has a time trigger everyday from 9pm to 4:55am. I often trigger this early (manually from the menu patch), say 8:30pm and when I get up in the morning it has closed that mode and moved on to the next I have configured.

Again, I'm so so excited to have found this app. I can't believe it hasn't gotten more prominent 'press' yet by our esteemed leaders and the community in general -- then again, it is still in Alpha/Beta.
    I know Sconix is striving to release a stable release of MS soon. The deadline has been extended a bit, but it is getting closer. I think/hope that when it goes stable there will be some more pub for MS and Sconix. IMHO, if MS would have been available in the app cat, I would think it would have been near/at the top of the Hot Apps competition.

MS is a great app. It keeps getting better and better.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Had to doctor my Pre and wanted to install mode switcher again, but the feed in the first post is not working..

any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    Had to doctor my Pre and wanted to install mode switcher again, but the feed in the first post is not working..

any idea?
    Are you trying to install with Preware or WOSQI?
    For sometime now I have not been able to get Sconix's Feed to work in WOSQI, but works great in Preware.

Also, check out the Mode Switcher Wiki for installation instructions.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    only in preware as my laptop is broken and Quickinstall is not working anymore..
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    only in preware as my laptop is broken and Quickinstall is not working anymore..
    Are you getting any kind of feedback/error when trying to add the feed?
    Can you post some more details please.
  8.    #1868  
    Thanks. Since yesterday was literally my first few hours with the app -- combined with the fact that the bug fixed this morning caused my MS menu patch to fail to turn off my custom modes, I was all confused and thought the patch was just broken. Now the the app has been updated to fix the bug, the patch seems to work working as expected.

The triggers will take effect even if you start/close the mode manually when ever the triggers happen. Its like that when start trigger happens if mode is not on it is processed and whenever close trigger happens if the mode is on the trigger is processed. No matter how the mode was started/closed the last time.

Its kinda intentional that I haven't advertised the app since in the early development it had couple "nasty" bugs, but now it is quite stable, but still waiting since it is not long now when I release the 1.0.0 "stable" release. The only major ToDo item preventing it is the new submodes and default setting features. And anyway MS already has couple hundred users maybe more currently which is more than enough for beta testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its kinda intentional that I haven't advertised the app since in the early development it had couple "nasty" bugs, but now it is quite stable, but still waiting since it is not long now when I release the 1.0.0 "stable" release. The only major ToDo item preventing it is the new submodes and default setting features. And anyway MS already has couple hundred users maybe more currently which is more than enough for beta testing.
    Looking forward to the stable release. Keep up the great work.
    Sconix: Was the issue of the modes not being applied or partially applied when coming out of using the USB drive fixed yet? I glanced back through the posts and missed it if it was mentioned.

I am still seeing this happen with 0.9.25.

Just to reiterate what is happening:

My "Work" mode has the ringer and system sounds set to 5 and the media set to 100.

When I came out of the USB drive today, I noticed a notification stating default mode finished loading, yet the active mode appears to be my "Work" mode.

The "Default" mode sets the ringer, system, and media to 100. When I checked the volume levels for those three pieces, they were all at 100. So it is showing "Work" being active/on, yet the settings are not correct according to how I have the "Work" mode configured.

If I manually start another mode, then start the "Work" mode, the settings are correctly applied.

Thought I would pass this on.

Thanks.
  11.    #1871  
    Sconix: Was the issue of the modes not being applied or partially applied when coming out of using the USB drive fixed yet? I glanced back through the posts and missed it if it was mentioned.

I am still seeing this happen with 0.9.25.

Just to reiterate what is happening:

My "Work" mode has the ringer and system sounds set to 5 and the media set to 100.

When I came out of the USB drive today, I noticed a notification stating default mode finished loading, yet the active mode appears to be my "Work" mode.

The "Default" mode sets the ringer, system, and media to 100. When I checked the volume levels for those three pieces, they were all at 100. So it is showing "Work" being active/on, yet the settings are not correct according to how I have the "Work" mode configured.

If I manually start another mode, then start the "Work" mode, the settings are correctly applied.

Thought I would pass this on.

Thanks.
    This should not be possible anymore and at least I cannot reproduce this. When ever I come out of USB mode MS does nothing. As it should not since it is a normal luna start when USB mode is exited. At least I need to do more tests to see if I could somehow reproduce this, but the most weird thing is the thing that you see default mode loading it should not happen anymore during luna startup in any case only if the triggers for work mode are invalid. Then it should revert to default mode.
    I have a work mode that is triggered only by wifi. Came in to work this morning, mode switched automatically to "Work". Read the posts about it not closing the modes. Verified the bug, downloaded new release 0.9.25, restarted phone.

Upon reboot, "Work" mode automatically started. However if I manually shutoff the wifi, it does not fall back to default or any other mode.

Ideas?

Thanks.
    hi,
    just checked this; made work mode with only ssid trigger. turned wifi off and then on (in menu) and work mode started, turned wifi off manually and mode closed (to default) as expected. so, it seems to work for me at least.
    Ev
    This should not be possible anymore and at least I cannot reproduce this. When ever I come out of USB mode MS does nothing. As it should not since it is a normal luna start when USB mode is exited. At least I need to do more tests to see if I could somehow reproduce this, but the most weird thing is the thing that you see default mode loading it should not happen anymore during luna startup in any case only if the triggers for work mode are invalid. Then it should revert to default mode.
    sconix,
    wouldn't at least some of the behavior orsapps is seeing be expected; if exiting usb is a luna start, and default mode is set "on startup=default mode", wouldn't MS begin to start default mode on usb exit, quickly pick up the wifi trigger and then immed start 'work mode' (assuming both are set to start immed)?
    i have had this happen where default starts for a split second and then another mode starts. i don't know if it would explain the mixing of the settings, though.
    Ev
    Last edited by everette13; 06/08/2010 at 03:41 PM.
    I won't go into great detail about every mode's settings (unless you need to know a certain one), but here is what I have been working off of...

(Listed in this order too)

Quiet: Timed Trigger (Daily, 9pm - 4:55am), Block Other Modes, Immediate
    Home: No trigger, Immediate
    Work: Wifi Trigger, Immediate
    Daily Update: Timed Trigger (Daily, 9am - 9:05am), Immediate
    Default: On Startup (Active Mode)

If I come out of the USB mode, I do see the notification about the default mode. I have to manually switch from "Work" to another mode, then back to "Work" for the settings to be correct.

Secondly, I tried a similar test to everette13. While in my "Work" mode, if I disable wifi, it switches to "Home" mode. Then the wifi sees my network and switches it back to "Work" mode. Why this didn't work before is beyond me.

Did it switch back to the "Home" mode because this was the last mode applied?
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    wouldn't at least some of the behavior orsapps is seeing be expected; if exiting usb is a luna start, and default mode is set "on startup=default mode", wouldn't MS begin to start default mode on usb exit, quickly pick up the wifi trigger and then immed start 'work mode' (assuming both are set to start immed)?
    i have had this happen where default starts for a split second and then another mode starts. i don't know if it would explain the mixing of the settings, though.
    Ev
    That makes sense I guess. Like you say, not sure why the settings get jumbled though.
    I won't go into great detail about every mode's settings (unless you need to know a certain one), but here is what I have been working off of...

(Listed in this order too)

Quiet: Timed Trigger (Daily, 9pm - 4:55am), Block Other Modes, Immediate
    Home: No trigger, Immediate
    Work: Wifi Trigger, Immediate
    Daily Update: Timed Trigger (Daily, 9am - 9:05am), Immediate
    Default: On Startup (Active Mode)

If I come out of the USB mode, I do see the notification about the default mode. I have to manually switch from "Work" to another mode, then back to "Work" for the settings to be correct.

Secondly, I tried a similar test to everette13. While in my "Work" mode, if I disable wifi, it switches to "Home" mode. Then the wifi sees my network and switches it back to "Work" mode. Why this didn't work before is beyond me.

Did it switch back to the "Home" mode because this was the last mode applied?
    sconix can correct me if i'm way off base, but i have found that if, for instance, i have two modes that both have wifi active in the settings but only one uses wifi as a trigger, when i manually switch between them nothing hill happen (i.e. it won't change to the one with wifi as trigger) since the wifi didn't disconnect/connect to trip the trigger.
    so, where before you had
    Upon reboot, "Work" mode automatically started. However if I manually shutoff the wifi, it does not fall back to default or any other mode.
    it's started in 'work' (last active on restart, per settings) and when you manually turned off wifi, it "chained" and since work was the last mode, it essentially stayed there edit: (but, thinking about it, the wiki says MS should go to default mode if no valid triggers are detected, so this reasoning may not be right).
    none of this explains the mixed settings, of course, but it sounds like they were two separate issues.
    Ev
    Last edited by everette13; 06/08/2010 at 04:09 PM.
    sconix can correct me if i'm way off base, but i have found that if, for instance, i have two modes that both have wifi active in the settings but only one uses wifi as a trigger, when i manually switch between them nothing hill happen (i.e. it won't change to the one with wifi as trigger) since the wifi didn't disconnect/connect to trip the trigger.
    so, where before you had

it's started in 'work' (last active on restart, per settings) and when you manually turned off wifi, it "chained" and since work was the last mode, it essentially stayed there.
    none of this explains the mixed settings, of course, but it sounds like they were two separate issues.
    Ev
    Yeah I think so too.

Not sure if it is related or not, but I manually switched to my "Quiet" mode which has wifi disabled. I manually turned on wifi and it found my network, however didn't switch to "Work" mode based on that trigger.

But if I start MS and then close it, "Work" mode loads.

Strange behavior.
    Yeah I think so too.

Not sure if it is related or not, but I manually switched to my "Quiet" mode which has wifi disabled. I manually turned on wifi and it found my network, however didn't switch to "Work" mode based on that trigger.

But if I start MS and then close it, "Work" mode loads.

Strange behavior.
    i think that one is because you have 'quiet mode' set to block other modes, so it won't end until its specific trigger event happens.
    i think that one is because you have 'quiet mode' set to block other modes, so it won't end until its specific trigger event happens.
    Wow! Time to go home. How stupid of me to miss that.
    Thanks for the catch on that.

I feel SMRT, Smart!
    Wow! Time to go home. How stupid of me to miss that.
    Thanks for the catch on that.

I feel SMRT, Smart!
    hey, i'm just happy to help once. half the time, midway thru a reply, i figure out why my 'brilliant' answer is totally, absolutely wrong!! (see the red edit a few posts back)

the other half, i have a gremlin... i'm one of those who's getting the aptly named 'magical bluetooth problem' where on my home wifi router, and only my home router, whenever my BT radio turns on and can't connect, my wifi drops... it starts an endless loop between default and home modes. this does not happen on the router at work

it's driving me batty!!