View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 93 of 167 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3326
  1. #1841  
    Tonight my mode switcher is not automatically switching modes right. i have a night time mode that shuts everything down with a time trigger and a charger (TS) with the all unique set and other modes blocked. if i pick the phone up from the charger it used to revert to the default mode -- it no longer changes modes at all
    also if i manually switch out of night mode and go to home mode ( wifi trigger) i can turn off the wifi and it will not switch modes -- i cannot turn off a mode using the mode menu patch

    is there no default mode any more?

    i love your app -- let me know if there is anything i can do to help troubleshoot -- is there away i can revert it for now?

    thanks
    Last edited by mespiff; 06/07/2010 at 11:27 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  2.    #1842  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    testing chain function. battery always >60%, at home with wifi signal active:
    batt saver= no triggers, manual acitvation only
    batt 30-15 & 15-0= battery 30-15% & 15-0%
    carkit= TS
    home= TS + wifi
    MS order= home, carkit, batt saver, batt 15-0, batt 30-15

    A.
    on TS, home active > manual start batt saver > manual start batt 30-15 > manual start batt 15-0 >> take off then put on TS >> carkit started > home started when wifi connected. when remove from TS, goes back to batt saver and this cannot be turned off by mode menu.
    B.
    reboot (MS set to on startup= active mode) into batt saver and cannot turn if off, but can change modes
    C.
    reboot (MS set to on startup= default) into default > manual start batt 30-15 > manual start batt 15-0 >> put on TS >> carkit started > home started when wifi connected. when remove from TS, home does not end and cannot be turned off by mode menu, but can change modes.
    manuall start batt 30-15 (still off TS, wifi off) and cannot close this mode.... checked and no modes can be closed with mode menu but can change between them.
    D.
    reboot into default >> put on TS >> home started. when remove TS, 5s popup comes up but home mode does not close and cannot be closed with mode menu.
    deleted home mode and reentered w same settings, did as above with same result.
    E.
    while in batt saver mode, added a trigger to batt saver (time of day, 12a-1a; it is 8p now) and put on TS >> carkit started >> took off TS and does not change to batt saver.
    -while 'stuck' in carkit off TS, manual started batt saver >>put on TS >> still in carkit >>took off TS and does not change
    -while 'stuck' in carkit, removed trigger from batt saver,>>put on TS >> still in carkit >> took off TS and still does not change.
    -while 'stuck' in carkit removed trigger from batt saver and manually started batt saver >>put on TS >> carkit started >>took off TS and changed to batt saver

    UPDATE: while 'stuck' in carkit, deleted batt saver mode and replaced with new 'test' mode also with no assigned triggers (i.e. same as batt saver). this again behaves exactly as the 'batt saver' mode did, fitting with #4 below.

    UPDATE2: if in test mode, and open MS and delete this mode, when close MS, default mode DOES start. however, if in any other mode and open MS and delete test mode, closing MS does nothing.

    observations thus far:
    1- mode menu can no longer close a mode, only change between them
    2- default mode never starts except after a reboot
    2a- it seems that when default mode should start (D) it doesn't, so maybe it can't start, or more accurately, MS also can't close any modes?
    3- in past, when opened MS app and then closed it (flicked off screen) while no triggers active, default would reload... does not now (supports 2 & 2a) (update2, except in this case)
    4- looking at A & E, it seems a mode with no assigned triggers becomes a pseudo-default mode, but only if it is started manually first (adding a random trigger makes it like any other mode).

    my brain hurts....

    sorry this is so long, but trying to give the info needed to troubleshoot things.
    I noticed this in the morning. Sorry there was a typo in the code that caused exception when the mode list "run out". New release is out now that fixes this.
  3.    #1843  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Tonight my mode switcher is not automatically switching modes right. i have a night time mode that shuts everything down with a time trigger and a charger (TS) with the all unique set and other modes blocked. if i pick the phone up from the charger it used to revert to the default mode -- it no longer changes modes at all
    also if i manually switch out of night mode and go to home mode ( wifi trigger) i can turn off the wifi and it will not switch modes -- i cannot turn off a mode using the mode menu patch

    is there no default mode any more?

    i love your app -- let me know if there is anything i can do to help troubleshoot -- is there away i can revert it for now?

    thanks
    Sorry about the stupid bug there was typo in the code that caused MS to generate exception therefore making it impossible to carry out the closing of mode. This should be fixed in 0.9.25 that is out now. This is what happens when you code late at night and don't have time to test the code in every situation.
  4. #1844  
    Thanks for the (quick) fix to 9.25, and continued dedication on this app. It continues to remain one of my favorites.
  5. #1845  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I haven't never seen an Operating System thats update process could not cause errors/problems/etc. in some situations and don't think WebOS is any different. With the help of Preware and Save+Restore app the doctoring is almost as easy as the updating, but will ensure that my phone is in best of shape after update.
    I'm not clear on what "doctoring" means. If there is a step-by-step process you'd recommend, let me know.
  6. #1846  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I'm not clear on what "doctoring" means. If there is a step-by-step process you'd recommend, let me know.
    read the following


    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-updates.html

    Down load webos QI here
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

    run webos qi -- the first time it will download the webos doctor -- this needs to go in the same folder as the QI program ( you will need java and stuff it is all there in the thread)

    open webos QI -- click on file at the top left and then options -- hit the panic button --
    Before you do this back everything up -- your phone will come out the other end clean -- you will have to reenter your passwords so have them handy -- this is for your palm profile and then all of your e-mail accounts

    good luck
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7. #1847  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry about the stupid bug there was typo in the code that caused MS to generate exception therefore making it impossible to carry out the closing of mode. This should be fixed in 0.9.25 that is out now. This is what happens when you code late at night and don't have time to test the code in every situation.
    I have a work mode that is triggered only by wifi. Came in to work this morning, mode switched automatically to "Work". Read the posts about it not closing the modes. Verified the bug, downloaded new release 0.9.25, restarted phone.

    Upon reboot, "Work" mode automatically started. However if I manually shutoff the wifi, it does not fall back to default or any other mode.

    Ideas?

    Thanks.
  8. #1848  
    Hi Sconix and all -- As of last night, I am new to MS and the top bar patches for MS, Today, and the launcher patch. All of these are just amazing. I've already made a donation to Sconix based on how robust these functionalities are and how well they have been (are being implemented). Additionally, I just finished reading through the 13 pages of posts on the Top Bar / Launcher patches to get myself up to speed on these tools. However, I'm not sure I'm up to reading through 1850 posts in this thread...

    Does anyone have a suggestion of about how far back I should go to understand the current functionality, bugs, and planned features? (I've already read the PDF guide). Thanks.
  9. #1849  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi Sconix and all -- As of last night, I am new to MS and the top bar patches for MS, Today, and the launcher patch. All of these are just amazing. I've already made a donation to Sconix based on how robust these functionalities are and how well they have been (are being implemented). Additionally, I just finished reading through the 13 pages of posts on the Top Bar / Launcher patches to get myself up to speed on these tools. However, I'm not sure I'm up to reading through 1850 posts in this thread...

    Does anyone have a suggestion of about how far back I should go to understand the current functionality, bugs, and planned features? (I've already read the PDF guide). Thanks.
    While not fully complete yet (will be in the near future), there are a couple of us getting a MS Wiki populated with information for Sconix.

    You can find past release info there. Currently it contains the same info as Sconix's own MS webpage (here) and some forum info, however, I believe once the wiki is completed, this MS webpage will defer to the wiki for all release information, how-to info, what is MS, etc...

    Hope that helps.
  10. #1850  
    Nice app, I was looking for something to be able to have the screen on all the time when it's charging while I'm driving (no touchstone :-( ) and this answered that need!

    Suggestion, add a button for a "switch mode now" with in the app or something similar. Not sure if possible, but I'd like to just have some profiles I can have, and just manually go into the app and choose to run that profile, instead of having to have them on triggers only.

    Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how. Any suggestions are welcome!
  11. #1851  
    I would suggest a WiFi and GPS "Peek" mode, where if either is disabled and there is a trigger based on either WiFi or GPS, that Mode Switcher will "peek" every so many minutes (user settable) to check the location, so that modes can be activated even though WiFi/GPS is off.

    I would also suggest that with WiFi triggering, there be some kind of method to delay or prevent mode deactivation when leaving the coverage area. I have noticed that sometimes the Pre will drop WiFi connections causing the mode switcher to attempt to deactivate the current mode.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  12. #1852  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    Nice app, I was looking for something to be able to have the screen on all the time when it's charging while I'm driving (no touchstone :-( ) and this answered that need!

    Suggestion, add a button for a "switch mode now" with in the app or something similar. Not sure if possible, but I'd like to just have some profiles I can have, and just manually go into the app and choose to run that profile, instead of having to have them on triggers only.

    Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how. Any suggestions are welcome!
    Look for the System Menu Mode Menu patch in the webos-internals patch feed.
    That patch give you a menu where your carrier (top left) is shown. This allows you to pick the modes you want (manually).

    See Sconix's patches thread here for more info on his patches including the System Menu Mode Menu patch.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/08/2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Correct patch name/feed
  13. #1853  
    [QUOTE=bakerja;2497895]
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    Suggestion, add a button for a "switch mode now" with in the app or something similar. /QUOTE]

    This is already there. Tap the upper left corner, where is says the mode you are in. This gives you a drop down of all of your modes. You can choose one there.

    jab
    Correct. Pending the patch is installed to enable this functionality.
  14.    #1854  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I have a work mode that is triggered only by wifi. Came in to work this morning, mode switched automatically to "Work". Read the posts about it not closing the modes. Verified the bug, downloaded new release 0.9.25, restarted phone.

    Upon reboot, "Work" mode automatically started. However if I manually shutoff the wifi, it does not fall back to default or any other mode.

    Ideas?

    Thanks.
    Haven't tested this it might be that my wifi trigger wont take into account the case you describe (actually pretty sure that it does not) so I will check this.
  15. #1855  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I would suggest a WiFi and GPS "Peek" mode, where if either is disabled and there is a trigger based on either WiFi or GPS, that Mode Switcher will "peek" every so many minutes (user settable) to check the location, so that modes can be activated even though WiFi/GPS is off.

    I would also suggest that with WiFi triggering, there be some kind of method to delay or prevent mode deactivation when leaving the coverage area. I have noticed that sometimes the Pre will drop WiFi connections causing the mode switcher to attempt to deactivate the current mode.
    Delay for the wifi trigger is a good idea.
    There have been some discussions already about that for the wifi trigger. I think it is on Sconix's radar for a future release.

    I'll stop there and let Sconix address anything else from your post, because I don't want to give out bad info.
  16. bakerja's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1856  
    You are correct. I forgot I had the patch.
  17. #1857  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Haven't tested this it might be that my wifi trigger wont take into account the case you describe (actually pretty sure that it does not) so I will check this.
    Ok. Thanks for looking into it.

    Regards!
  18.    #1858  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I would suggest a WiFi and GPS "Peek" mode, where if either is disabled and there is a trigger based on either WiFi or GPS, that Mode Switcher will "peek" every so many minutes (user settable) to check the location, so that modes can be activated even though WiFi/GPS is off.

    I would also suggest that with WiFi triggering, there be some kind of method to delay or prevent mode deactivation when leaving the coverage area. I have noticed that sometimes the Pre will drop WiFi connections causing the mode switcher to attempt to deactivate the current mode.
    The problem with this kind of peak mode would be that it would most likely draw more power than actually leaving them on all the time. Since for example GPS takes quite long to get a fix, but when it has it it only needs a bit of power to update the location. So if GPS is toggled on/off the interval should be quite large and it would take a long time for it to get a location.

    Same goes for WiFi. WiFi has high power saving modes when its 'idle' but if its toggled on / off for searching networks the period need to be quite big so that it actually saves power. And don't think that anybody want a hour delay...

    The delay for wifi trigger is coming at some point.
  19. #1859  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Look for the Mode Menu patch in the webos-internals patch feed.
    That patch give you a menu where your carrier (top left) is shown. This allows you to pick the modes you want (manually).

    See Sconix's patches thread here for more info on his patches including the Mode Menu patch.
    Since I'm obviously not the only Newby around here.... I was wondering about a post I saw yesterday from Sconix which stated that the menu patch might be broken / in need of an update. I've udpated MS this morning, but didn't see a patch.

    Is there some MS Menu patch functionality that is currently inoperable?

    and...

    (I read through the full patch thread and did not see this answered). If I use the menu patch to close a triggered mode (Work-wifi) and I'm still at work... if I re-enable that mode manually with the patch, will the close trigger (leaving the work wifi area) still trigger MS to revert to the prior mode (in my case, just Default)?

    Thanks for the help (with this) and above. It's great to see a wiki starting for this MUCH NEEDED app. I've been dying since leaving my Treo (and Profiles apps) in September!!! Now if we can only get someone to figure out how to replace KeyCaps!!! Maybe the new AUPT-4 supporting binary patch files will allow someone to mod how the keyboard input works.
  20. #1860  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Since I'm obviously not the only Newby around here.... I was wondering about a post I saw yesterday from Sconix which stated that the menu patch might be broken / in need of an update. I've udpated MS this morning, but didn't see a patch.

    Is there some MS Menu patch functionality that is currently inoperable?

    and...

    (I read through the full patch thread and did not see this answered). If I use the menu patch to close a triggered mode (Work-wifi) and I'm still at work... if I re-enable that mode manually with the patch, will the close trigger (leaving the work wifi area) still trigger MS to revert to the prior mode (in my case, just Default)?

    Thanks for the help (with this) and above. It's great to see a wiki starting for this MUCH NEEDED app. I've been dying since leaving my Treo (and Profiles apps) in September!!! Now if we can only get someone to figure out how to replace KeyCaps!!! Maybe the new AUPT-4 supporting binary patch files will allow someone to mod how the keyboard input works.
    @greenawayj and others - I apologize. I mixed up some information. I will correct it in my previous posts.

    Here is the correction...

    The patch I talked about in the previous post "Mode Menu for Top Bar" is actually/currently found in Sconix's feed, not in the webos-internals feed.
    This patch (Mode Menu for Top Bar) is in beta/test status .

    The patch that I meant to reference in the webos-internals feed is the System Menu Mode Menu patch. This is the stable version of the patch.

    The two patches are basically the same thing. Sconix just releases tweaks, fixes, etc... to the beta version and after testing updates the main webos-internals patch feed.

    So the patch your looking for is called System Menu Mode Menu in the webos-internals feed. Upon trying to install the System Menu Mode Menu patch you will be prompted that there is a prerequisite patch needed. Check out the wiki for the instructions if need be.

    Sorry for the mixup.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions