• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 92 of 167 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3326
  1.    #1821  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Yes, I am using the latest version. I think that the problem is related to the wifi trigger. When I come out of USB mode, I get a message that I am loading work mode, followed by a message that work mode is completed, followed immediately by a message that default mode is completed.
    It appears that USB mode turns off the radios. Therefore, when MS tries to reload work mode, part of the way through, MS realizes that the trigger is off, and tries to unload work mode, and then we end up with a mixed mode.

You might want to disable all triggers while a load is going on, until completed.
    Damit you are right I only tested with luna start but it seems that the low memory restart is different. Will fix this and release bew version on Monday.
    HA HA and I read that too!!!
    Stupid Friday!

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    don't feel stupid

start at the top of the very 1st post in this thread -- read slowly -- you will have to add a custom feed to preware
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I can't get the emulator to install patches either. It installs LSDiff and GNU Patch but I don't think they're actually being installed correctly.
    This should now be fixed with the latest versions of lsdiff and patch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    trying to figure out if this behavior is intentional, unintended but not need to be fixed, or needs to be fixed. have 'home' mode w TS trigger and wifi trigger to my home network, and 'carkit' w TS trigger alone. if i am at home (so wifi connected) and have auto start/close set to:
    home=immed/immed; carkit=after timer/immed ......carkit starts (home should)
    home=after timer/immed; carkit after timer/immed ......home starts (correct)
    home=immed/immed; carkit=immed/immed ......home starts (correct)
    home=after timer/immed; carkit=immed/immed ......home starts (correct)
    for me this is no big deal, but some may need the precision or maybe if affects some of the other issues. don't know, just wanted to point it out.
    Ev
    your feed is not working for me can u clarify exactly what it is please
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeportez View Post
    your feed is not working for me can u clarify exactly what it is please
    http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable

The feed information is listed in the first post of this thread near the bottom. The instructions are listed for installation via Preware.

If your attempting to add the feed to WOSQI (Webos Quick Install), you may run into problems with it reading the feed as I did. Not sure why. Installation via Preware seems to be the preferred method anyway because it checks for dependancies that the app/patches may also need, whereas, I believe WOSQI does not*.

* At least the last I heard.

Hope that helps.

Regards
  7.    #1827  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    trying to figure out if this behavior is intentional, unintended but not need to be fixed, or needs to be fixed. have 'home' mode w TS trigger and wifi trigger to my home network, and 'carkit' w TS trigger alone. if i am at home (so wifi connected) and have auto start/close set to:
    home=immed/immed; carkit=after timer/immed ......carkit starts (home should)
    home=after timer/immed; carkit after timer/immed ......home starts (correct)
    home=immed/immed; carkit=immed/immed ......home starts (correct)
    home=after timer/immed; carkit=immed/immed ......home starts (correct)
    for me this is no big deal, but some may need the precision or maybe if affects some of the other issues. don't know, just wanted to point it out.
    Ev
    Couple clarifying questions. Did you get the mode selection popup in every case? So you mean that the started mode was the default option in the popup? Since at least MS should fallback to popup when more that one mode is valid even though the start mode is set to immediate. Then which mode is first in the mode list?

I will have to see whether this is a bug or feature.
    Would it possible to have the ap add an icon to the launcher to be a toggle on / off for MS ? i have purchased one of the naztech charging holster and the pre sees this as a touchstone -- i don't want this to activate modes so i have been shutting off the ap --

or maybe there could be a toggle added to the mode menu drop down?

just an idea nothing pressing really

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  9.    #1829  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Would it possible to have the ap add an icon to the launcher to be a toggle on / off for MS ? i have purchased one of the naztech charging holster and the pre sees this as a touchstone -- i don't want this to activate modes so i have been shutting off the ap --

or maybe there could be a toggle added to the mode menu drop down?

just an idea nothing pressing really

thanks
    Not sure if this would be generally useful. Nothing prevents somebody coding a simple application that would toggle MS on/off.
    Can you make MS give an option to not change the wallpaper because only the Screen & Lock app applies max resolution pics. Photos app and MS don't. Thank you.
  11.    #1831  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Can you make MS give an option to not change the wallpaper because only the Screen & Lock app applies max resolution pics. Photos app and MS don't. Thank you.
    Yes this is coming as said in todo list (ability to leave any setting to default i.e. Not to be touched by MS).

I just have been very busy with my real life once again so hence slow release pace. Will get one bug fix release out most likely tonight. Then I will concentrate on adding couple smaller features needed for the mode logic change (this default configuration should be one of them) and the slightly altered mode menu patch that is also needed for the mode logic change. And then lets see when I get the time to crunch in the last big changes (the new mode logic).

As noted by someone the current mode menu patch wont work (from my feed). Will update it as soon as I get the new version ready.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/07/2010 at 02:56 AM.
  12.    #1832  
    New release out soon (0.9.24). Please report if you still get the mode started thing when MS restarts when memory runs low.

This version also now includes the chaining of modes. So when you close a mode MS will start the mode that was active before the closed mode. There will be a update to mode menu patch soon which will add a start default mode control and possibility to open editing of mode straight from the menu. If default mode is started manually the mode chain list is cleared.

Please report if you think that the new mode chaining is not working as you would expect it to work.

EDIT: 0.9.24 out now...
    Last edited by sconix; 06/07/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Couple clarifying questions. Did you get the mode selection popup in every case? So you mean that the started mode was the default option in the popup? Since at least MS should fallback to popup when more that one mode is valid even though the start mode is set to immediate. Then which mode is first in the mode list?

I will have to see whether this is a bug or feature.
    both mode triggers set to 'all unique' (so in theory only one mode (home) should be valid, right?)
    yes, in every case the popup comes up, and 3/4 correctly say 'home', one says 'carkit'; i didn't always let the mode start, but i assumed the listed mode would start after the countdown- and whenever i did let the count finish, it did.
    'home' is the first mode listed, then 'carkit' (sorry for not including that initially)
    Ev
    New release out soon (0.9.24). Please report if you still get the mode started thing when MS restarts when memory runs low.

This version also now includes the chaining of modes. So when you close a mode MS will start the mode that was active before the closed mode. There will be a update to mode menu patch soon which will add a start default mode control and possibility to open editing of mode straight from the menu. If default mode is started manually the mode chain list is cleared.

Please report if you think that the new mode chaining is not working as you would expect it to work.

I reran my previous tests where I experienced the restarting of default mode when the device is low on memory. I was unable to reproduce the problem.

I opened even more apps and tried to get the restarting of the mode again, but could not trigger it.

Seems to be corrected.

Thank you.
  15.    #1835  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I reran my previous tests where I experienced the restarting of default mode when the device is low on memory. I was unable to reproduce the problem.

I opened even more apps and tried to get the restarting of the mode again, but could not trigger it.

Seems to be corrected.

Thank you.
    Good to know, although the restart still happens so there is a short moment when MS is not running which of course is not a good thing, at least reliability vice, but hopefully this situation is better in next WebOS release.
  16.    #1836  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    both mode triggers set to 'all unique' (so in theory only one mode (home) should be valid, right?)
    yes, in every case the popup comes up, and 3/4 correctly say 'home', one says 'carkit'; i didn't always let the mode start, but i assumed the listed mode would start after the countdown- and whenever i did let the count finish, it did.
    'home' is the first mode listed, then 'carkit' (sorry for not including that initially)
    Ev
    Yes only one can be valid, but when both are valid when the trigger happens the both get added to the list of possible modes to be started hence the popup is shown instead of starting the mode immediately. You still did not confirm that in the case when the carkit mode is suggested that is the home mode selectable by pressing the middle button, but I would guess it is since the popup should not be shown if only one mode is in the start list and setting is on immediate.

So I guess there is a some kind of ordering bug in this kind of situations. It really should order the modes the same way on those situations so the same mode would be the "primary" selection. I will have to check the code and test this.
    Yes only one can be valid, but when both are valid when the trigger happens the both get added to the list of possible modes to be started hence the popup is shown instead of starting the mode immediately. You still did not confirm that in the case when the carkit mode is suggested that is the home mode selectable by pressing the middle button, but I would guess it is since the popup should not be shown if only one mode is in the start list and setting is on immediate.

So I guess there is a some kind of ordering bug in this kind of situations. It really should order the modes the same way on those situations so the same mode would be the "primary" selection. I will have to check the code and test this.
    you're correct, i never pushed to middle button (that said 'carkit') to see if a choice came up.
    edit: i did when i got home and indeed the choice is there (but home is first on list and yet carkit the the default on the toggle).

to revisit the BT "problem", for me the issue has nothing to do with MS. i think it was orsapps who also said it only happened at certain times. i cannot get the wifi to disconnect at my work no matter how i turn on/off the BT radio, but at home every time the BT cannot find a connection the wifi connection drops. could a home router somehow have a different quality (firewall, etc) than a work or commercial router that causes this? i don't know enough about routers to guess...
    Last edited by everette13; 06/07/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    A page or so ago I mentioned using a non-internet-enabled router plugged in at my job to let MS know that I've arrived at work.

I set it up the other day, and it works great for triggering Mode Switcher.

The only problem is that apparently the Pre cannot figure out how to use the EVDO connection for internet if it is connected to a Wifi network that doesn't have WAN access.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Right now I have my work mode set to turn Wifi off after triggering, but obviously not having to do this would be ideal.
    so, I installed the new MS. Version today, restarted luna, then realized tonight that it wasn't atomatically switching modes, and it wouldn't let me switch them manually from the menu. Did a full restart, and now it still won't switch automatically, I can't switch manually, and trying to launch the app results in the MS icon staying highlighted (selected), but nothing ever happens. Do I need to reinstall? Will I lose all of my mode settings?

testing chain function. battery always >60%, at home with wifi signal active:
    batt saver= no triggers, manual acitvation only
    batt 30-15 & 15-0= battery 30-15% & 15-0%
    carkit= TS
    home= TS + wifi
    MS order= home, carkit, batt saver, batt 15-0, batt 30-15

A.
    on TS, home active > manual start batt saver > manual start batt 30-15 > manual start batt 15-0 >> take off then put on TS >> carkit started > home started when wifi connected. when remove from TS, goes back to batt saver and this cannot be turned off by mode menu.
    B.
    reboot (MS set to on startup= active mode) into batt saver and cannot turn if off, but can change modes
    C.
    reboot (MS set to on startup= default) into default > manual start batt 30-15 > manual start batt 15-0 >> put on TS >> carkit started > home started when wifi connected. when remove from TS, home does not end and cannot be turned off by mode menu, but can change modes.
    manuall start batt 30-15 (still off TS, wifi off) and cannot close this mode.... checked and no modes can be closed with mode menu but can change between them.
    D.
    reboot into default >> put on TS >> home started. when remove TS, 5s popup comes up but home mode does not close and cannot be closed with mode menu.
    deleted home mode and reentered w same settings, did as above with same result.
    E.
    while in batt saver mode, added a trigger to batt saver (time of day, 12a-1a; it is 8p now) and put on TS >> carkit started >> took off TS and does not change to batt saver.
    -while 'stuck' in carkit off TS, manual started batt saver >>put on TS >> still in carkit >>took off TS and does not change
    -while 'stuck' in carkit, removed trigger from batt saver,>>put on TS >> still in carkit >> took off TS and still does not change.
    -while 'stuck' in carkit removed trigger from batt saver and manually started batt saver >>put on TS >> carkit started >>took off TS and changed to batt saver

UPDATE: while 'stuck' in carkit, deleted batt saver mode and replaced with new 'test' mode also with no assigned triggers (i.e. same as batt saver). this again behaves exactly as the 'batt saver' mode did, fitting with #4 below.

UPDATE2: if in test mode, and open MS and delete this mode, when close MS, default mode DOES start. however, if in any other mode and open MS and delete test mode, closing MS does nothing.

observations thus far:
    1- mode menu can no longer close a mode, only change between them
    2- default mode never starts except after a reboot
    2a- it seems that when default mode should start (D) it doesn't, so maybe it can't start, or more accurately, MS also can't close any modes?
    3- in past, when opened MS app and then closed it (flicked off screen) while no triggers active, default would reload... does not now (supports 2 & 2a) (update2, except in this case)
    4- looking at A & E, it seems a mode with no assigned triggers becomes a pseudo-default mode, but only if it is started manually first (adding a random trigger makes it like any other mode).

my brain hurts....

sorry this is so long, but trying to give the info needed to troubleshoot things.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by everette13; 06/08/2010 at 12:40 AM.