• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 91 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3326
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I am about to install the app my question is what are the patches for because i want to understand is it better to install the patches then add the app or can i install the app without the patches. Do the patches enhance the app or i can go without the patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    I am about to install the app my question is what are the patches for because i want to understand is it better to install the patches then add the app or can i install the app without the patches. Do the patches enhance the app or i can go without the patches?
    there is a manual on the first page of the thread it might answer some questions -- the app can stand alone -- the patches are seperate and with the exception of the mode menu patch do not interact directly with the app -- just they seem to be pretty neccessary on my phone as i use them daily
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    there is a manual on the first page of the thread it might answer some questions -- the app can stand alone -- the patches are seperate and with the exception of the mode menu patch do not interact directly with the app -- just they seem to be pretty neccessary on my phone as i use them daily
    okay thank man i read the manual so guess i am good to go then. I might try out some of the patches and see if i need them..i can't wait till this app is fully released
  4.    #1804  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    ok, tnx, do you think I can uninstall 9.22 and then where is the best way to find 9.23 now? Can't wait to try it!
    You can uninstall and add my feed where I always put the latest and shiniest release (Info in the first post)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloLSX View Post
    I can't get Mode Switcher to open... I installed it via WosQI and when I go to open the app it just stays on the loading screen (splash page) and never loads... I have uninstalled and reinstalled... anyone else having this issue? I really want to try this app.
    I've been having the same issue for some time now. Sconix was unable to resolve it at this time...figures it may be some bug in my WebOS install. I'm not sure how that's possible since I just updated via the normal "Updates" route...but then I'm just a simple caveman.

I'll keep trying as updates are put out.
  6.    #1806  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I've been having the same issue for some time now. Sconix was unable to resolve it at this time...figures it may be some bug in my WebOS install. I'm not sure how that's possible since I just updated via the normal "Updates" route...but then I'm just a simple caveman.

I'll keep trying as updates are put out.
    The normal update routine is the thing that can cause problems sometimes. I myself always doctor the phone on new WebOS releases to be on the safe side. Usually problems like this can be resolved, but at least the log that you provided me did not tell why MS was not started even though the patch was installed. And since luna is closed component it is a bit hard to try to debug / understand how it works. There always are different things to try, but it requires the will to want to find out. I hope that it starts to work for you at some point. For other the problem has been the patch not being installed since WOSQI does not care about dependencies it will install MS without the patch so the patch is easy to miss that way.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/03/2010 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The normal update routine is the thing that can cause problems sometimes. I myself always doctor the phone on new WebOS releases to be on the safe side.

There always are different things to try, but it requires the will to want to find out.
    I do...to a point. If it is a simple matter requiring few steps, I'm game. If it means trial and error, I'm not likely to TRY something that is likely to cause headaches and errors. If this were not my only mode of communication (which it is), I would not have such reservations...
  8.    #1808  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post

I do...to a point. If it is a simple matter requiring few steps, I'm game. If it means trial and error, I'm not likely to TRY something that is likely to cause headaches and errors. If this were not my only mode of communication (which it is), I would not have such reservations...
    At least I haven't never seen an Operating System thats update process could not cause errors/problems/etc. in some situations and don't think WebOS is any different. With the help of Preware and Save+Restore app the doctoring is almost as easy as the updating, but will ensure that my phone is in best of shape after update. Hence the remark

I understand and did not meant it as a bad way and did not directed it to you since I already went the easy steps through with you and would have suggested other things to try if I new them to be problem safe. Just stating this if there are some others with the problem and they have better situation to help to find out the cause. So far you have been the only one with the problem that has not been cause of the patch not installed properly, but I have noticed that not all dare to come forward with problems.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I would like to submit some suggestions for future enhancements, if they haven't been brought up already. (I'll admit to not having read every post in this long thread.) Don't know if any of these are possible under the hood, but here goes.

1) A trigger based on a Bluetooth connection being established. Being able to select which BT device is connected would be a huge plus.

2) A trigger based on the position of the ringer on/off switch.

3) The ability to enable/disable call forwarding to a designated number as a system setting/action.

4) The ability to start an app upon exiting a mode just like when entering it.

Believe it or not, three of the above are ideas based on my efforts to develop a "Work" mode for my strange situation. My office is located in an old fallout shelter, and has no usable voice cellular coverage. When I arrive at work, I would like my Pre to automatically forward all calls to my wired office phone, and of course automatically un-forward them as I'm leaving.

The Bluetooth link trigger is the only way that I can think of to solve a problem when driving through the work complex on my way in/out. We have over 400 wifi access points, and using SSID as a trigger while driving causes Pandora to freak out while roaming between 3G and numerous wifi AP's in quick succession. I have a touchstone on my desk as well as in my car, so I can't use that as a trigger. Only the car has a Bluetooth link though, so a "Car" mode with triggers for being on a touchstone and having a Bluetooth link that disables wifi would solve this. (It would have been neat if Palm put serial numbers in each Touchstone, and that number could be used as a trigger for where you are!)

The running an app on exiting a mode idea was from my attempt at doing call forwarding by starting the dialpad app and passing it the *72 (?) code to enable call forwarding. There was no way to send *73 (?) to un-set forwarding that I could think of, unless I added it to the app list of every other mode. Ideally, I'd like to use the wifi SSID trigger to enable/disable call forwarding, which when combined with the Bluetooth trigger would prevent "bouncing" false triggers as I drive through the grounds at work.

Thank you for developing this killer app.....
  10.    #1810  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I would like to submit some suggestions for future enhancements, if they haven't been brought up already. (I'll admit to not having read every post in this long thread.) Don't know if any of these are possible under the hood, but here goes.

1) A trigger based on a Bluetooth connection being established. Being able to select which BT device is connected would be a huge plus.

2) A trigger based on the position of the ringer on/off switch.

3) The ability to enable/disable call forwarding to a designated number as a system setting/action.

4) The ability to start an app upon exiting a mode just like when entering it.

Believe it or not, three of the above are ideas based on my efforts to develop a "Work" mode for my strange situation. My office is located in an old fallout shelter, and has no usable voice cellular coverage. When I arrive at work, I would like my Pre to automatically forward all calls to my wired office phone, and of course automatically un-forward them as I'm leaving.

The Bluetooth link trigger is the only way that I can think of to solve a problem when driving through the work complex on my way in/out. We have over 400 wifi access points, and using SSID as a trigger while driving causes Pandora to freak out while roaming between 3G and numerous wifi AP's in quick succession. I have a touchstone on my desk as well as in my car, so I can't use that as a trigger. Only the car has a Bluetooth link though, so a "Car" mode with triggers for being on a touchstone and having a Bluetooth link that disables wifi would solve this. (It would have been neat if Palm put serial numbers in each Touchstone, and that number could be used as a trigger for where you are!)

The running an app on exiting a mode idea was from my attempt at doing call forwarding by starting the dialpad app and passing it the *72 (?) code to enable call forwarding. There was no way to send *73 (?) to un-set forwarding that I could think of, unless I added it to the app list of every other mode. Ideally, I'd like to use the wifi SSID trigger to enable/disable call forwarding, which when combined with the Bluetooth trigger would prevent "bouncing" false triggers as I drive through the grounds at work.

Thank you for developing this killer app.....

1) Is coming as you descriped with the possibility to choose connection.
    2) Was not on my todo list but now is, although not in my near future list.
    3) Not sure about this how easily this could be done, but good idea.
    4) This should come at some point.

Not sure if applicable to you, but as I also do have TS on my car and on my night desk I plan to add a orientation setting to the charger trigger since I always keep my phone horizontal on night desk but vertical in car. Not sure how this will turn out but will try at some point.

I see the starting app on closing would make the number 3 possible? So then it is doable yes.
    I am seeing something funny, and I am wondering if it is just me. When I am in a mode (ex. Work), and then go into "USB Drive" (I don't want to use the word "mode" here). When I disconnect the USB cable, the device does a mini-boot (Probably Java). This is all normal, however, MS then proceeds to setup my Pre in a amalgam of the last mode I was in, and default mode. MS thinks that I am in Work mode, but some of the settings are wrong. I need to leave that mode and reenter to get things right.

Any thoughts??
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    I am seeing something funny, and I am wondering if it is just me. When I am in a mode (ex. Work), and then go into "USB Drive" (I don't want to use the word "mode" here). When I disconnect the USB cable, the device does a mini-boot (Probably Java). This is all normal, however, MS then proceeds to setup my Pre in a amalgam of the last mode I was in, and default mode. MS thinks that I am in Work mode, but some of the settings are wrong. I need to leave that mode and reenter to get things right.

Any thoughts??
    I am in and out of the USB drive "mode" often throughout the day. MS has always applied my settings correctly upon exiting the USB drive "mode". Might just be something your seeing. However, from time to time if I do not properly disconnect/unmount the USB drive, I have seen many apps/settings be wonky after the fact. A Luna restart has cleared that up for me.

UPDATE: Scratch that. See new post below (post 1816). I stand correct.
    Sorry about that.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/04/2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: See new post.
    Has anyone figured out why sometimes the phone app won't start when switching modes? It worked perfect for me last version but has not worked this version or the version before last. Thanks in advance.
  14.    #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post

Any thoughts??
    Are you sure that you have the latest version (0.9.23) since it does not touch the settings at all in situations where the mode is the same.
    I'm using the latest version (0.9.23) and I'm still having the problem that the "default mode" gets reloaded when the Pre memory gets low. Is anyone else still having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I'm using the latest version (0.9.23) and I'm still having the problem that the "default mode" gets reloaded when the Pre memory gets low. Is anyone else still having this problem?
    Actually after running a few tests, I am seeing some weird things regarding MS and when the system memory is low & do go back on my earlier statement about the modes not acting funny when coming out of USB drive.
    (Sorry to be a downer Sconix...)
    I am running 0.9.23

Test 1: Low system memory test
    - I loaded up the music app, jstop (to see memory usage), a couple of webpages, preware, photo app, video camera

Results Test 1: Part way through loading those apps, my current mode that I was in (Work) said it was restarting. Then after that notification message went away, it told me that it was starting to load the default mode. Shortly after that, it went back to Work mode (automatically, wifi trigger set it off again?).

Test 2: Check settings after unmounting USB drive/pre from computer.
    - Again was in work mode. Work mode has wifi trigger and other settings set. What made me go back on my earlier statement is that my Work mode also has the screen set to always on when on a charger. My pre is on my touchstone. I tried it via the wall charger too.

Results Test 2: Upon unmounting the USB drive from the computer, the pre did it's little refresh/restart. Says it is loading/reloading Work mode (that is the mode I was in prior to using the USB drive).

Sitting on the touchstone or wall charger, I'd expected the screen to stay on. After about 5 mins (I think that is what I have set in the screen off value), the screen turns off.

Again, sorry to be a downer. I thought for sure everything was working fine for me. I spoke to soon. Sorry about that.

Anything I can do to further test for you Sconix, just let me know.

Regards.

Update: The screen is turning off when on the charger. Default mode is configured to turn off the screen when on the charger. My work mode has the screen stay on when on a charger. My pre currently is in Work mode and the screen is turning off.

Update 2: If I manually reload my Work mode or restart Luna, then the screen stays on according to the work mode like it should. It does seem that coming out of the USB drive configuration that it does mess with something.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/04/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    I just did a quick test to get some more information. I rebooted my Pre and then just started opening applications -- as many as I could. Finally, after a bunch of applications, I got the "Sorry too many cards" error. Then the Pre froze for a second and I'm pretty sure I saw "Done starting Default Mode" flash very quickly on the notification bar. It was fast, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Having a freshly rebooted Pre, things were moving pretty quickly. But I usually see the error when I only have a few cards open, but my Pre has been on for a while and there is probably a bunch of garbage in memory. What usually happens is that my Pre freezes for a bit and then when it comes unfrozen, I get the notification, "done starting default mode."

Hopefully that helps. If I can do more in the way of testing, let me know...
    Are you sure that you have the latest version (0.9.23) since it does not touch the settings at all in situations where the mode is the same.
    Yes, I am using the latest version. I think that the problem is related to the wifi trigger. When I come out of USB mode, I get a message that I am loading work mode, followed by a message that work mode is completed, followed immediately by a message that default mode is completed.
    It appears that USB mode turns off the radios. Therefore, when MS tries to reload work mode, part of the way through, MS realizes that the trigger is off, and tries to unload work mode, and then we end up with a mixed mode.

You might want to disable all triggers while a load is going on, until completed.
    Ok I feel stupid, but I cannot find it.
    I checked Preware and App store.
    where can I down this program?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    Ok I feel stupid, but I cannot find it.
    I checked Preware and App store.
    where can I down this program?
    don't feel stupid

start at the top of the very 1st post in this thread -- read slowly -- you will have to add a custom feed to preware
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch