• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3326
  1.    #1721  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Update on my issue about Bluetooth, in case this helps you debug it. Quick refresher: When I have MS activated, I get weird behavior where the Pre tries to activate Bluetooth but gets hung up. See http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2451492.

Someone suggested that turning off automatic triggers, and just setting modes manually, would avoid the problem, but that's not true. Even when I deactivate the triggers (by changing Auto Start to Only Manually), I get the same behavior.

Next, I left the triggers deactivated, but changed all my modes to have Bluetooth on. That seems to work--MS never initiates a change in Bluetooth on/off status, so there's no reason for the Pre ever to hang up trying to change it.

Lastly, I just tried turning automatic triggers back on (by changing Auto Start to Immediate). I think this will probably work now that all my modes leave Bluetooth on.
    I tried setting multiple modes that toggle BT on / off and I cannot reproduce the problem that the bluetooth would hang up. It works like a charm everytime. And it feels weird that triggers would have something to do with it since they only start MS after that the code to set the system settings is the exactly same that without triggers. I will still do some experiments, but I cannot see how this could be MS fault. Maybe MS triggers some rare bug in WebOS in certain situation. Since what MS does concerning the BT is that it only issues one system request for turning BT on or off. And the request is the exact same that what the bluetooth preferences application does.

Anyway I will still do few more test (for instance will set the exact same configuration than described here by someone with the problem). But I am quite sure that still I cannot reproduce this problem.
    I don't know if anyone else will find this useful, but I'm posting it just in case.

This is a patch I created for zinge's "Reset Button" application, found at this link.

Normally, when Reset Button is launched it pops up a dashboard notification, which you must then tap, and a full device reset will be performed.

What this patch does, is remove the dashboard confirmation, and perform a Luna Restart instead of a full reset. The purpose of this is so the application can be used with a Mode Switcher mode, i.e. my mode is called "Reboot" and I have it set to go off every day at 4 AM.

I tested it with the 0.4.0 version of Govnah and confirmed that it is a safe reboot that allows your kernel profile to remain applied.

Again, I don't know if anyone else will find this useful, but I usually post things I create for personal use just in case anyone else likes the same functionality I do.

Note: this patch requires Jason's SysToolsMgr service.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    tobias funke that's sounds cool but I been using Jason's Preset Reset app since it came out. No mode required since the app reboots the phone everyday for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I plan to add direct support for Govnah at some point, but yes for now you could add it as application to your mode and just set the launch parameters to tell which profile you want govnah to start. I haven't looked at the govnah code yet so cannot tell what is the launch parameter that you need to input.
    what do you need to type in the launch parameters for the govnah app for MS to launch it with my profile named CAR
    Last edited by buddytammy; 05/29/2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    tobias funke that's sounds cool but I been using Jason's Preset Reset app since it came out. No mode required since the app reboots the phone everyday for me.
    Yes, the patch essentially replicates the functionality of Preset Reset.

I have doctored my phone a few times, and tried to understand some of the memory issues the Pre seems to have sometimes, so I am trying to condense or eliminate as many separate background processes etc. as possible.

Because I have no intention of getting rid of Mode Switcher, I would rather it handle/manage as many background and scheduled processes as possible, if only for centralization purposes.

Plus it is kind of nice to have a one-tap reset button when I need it. :-)
    I want to try this out and I read the manual and still need some help.

So my question would be this, is there a way to install or import some 'pre-defined' modes.

This way I can see how they were put together from beginning to end.

I tried to use the manual for that, and it's missing a full 'start' to 'finish' to train myself.

But to be able to import some 'pre-defined' modes would be great.

Such as turn on wifi at a certain time of day, everyday.

In that example (which is what I am trying to do), would I create a new mode or just edit the default mode. And if I edit the default mode, then how do I save the default mode so I can go back to an original state.

I tried to 'rename' or 'copy' the 'default' mode just to be safe and it won't let me do that.

So am I asking for stuff that just isn't there, and maybe I should ask that be put into a next version?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza I created a work mode that turned my wifi on and data, gps, and bluetooth off. I set a time trigger because sconix is still trying to perfect the gps trigger.
    I mentioned a few pages back that I need to update the manual with some sort of introduction and overview of the application.

But I did add some examples of modes at the very end to hopefully get you started.

As far as your issues, the default mode is just what it says, your base settings that are applied when no other mode is active.

When you create a new mode and go to "Settings", adding any new setting will automatically populate it with whatever your current phone settings are, which you can then modify to your desire. There is also a selection to add every single current setting to the list at once. Further, all pages in Mode Switcher automatically save.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    rlanza I created a work mode that turned my wifi on and data, gps, and bluetooth off. I set a time trigger because sconix is still trying to perfect the gps trigger.
    Great thanks! I just made a donation to the cause!

So how do I get this mode setting from you?

I now understand the difference with the two items, Mode Switch is just an app to modify different things upon certain conditions.

The 'Top Bar System Menu' is a two part deal, it's a framework for other patches to work within it and Mode Switcher as being one of those patches you can add.

It allows you to access certain functions, such as the Calendar events and maybe bring up or launch manually Mode Switcher rules from a Top Bar Swipe.

They are totally two different things but one can call the other. The Top Bar System Menu (which is what you have) can call Mode Switch to invoke a Mode setting that you created to active it manually (immediately).

I think you might even have both! LOL!

If anyone thinks I have this understand about these two development projects created by sconix incorrect, please clarify for me!

Thanks!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I mentioned a few pages back that I need to update the manual with some sort of introduction and overview of the application.

But I did add some examples of modes at the very end to hopefully get you started.

As far as your issues, the default mode is just what it says, your base settings that are applied when no other mode is active.

When you create a new mode and go to "Settings", adding any new setting will automatically populate it with whatever your current phone settings are, which you can then modify to your desire. There is also a selection to add every single current setting to the list at once. Further, all pages in Mode Switcher automatically save.
    Still need some more help, but again, if I make changes to my 'Default' which would be the easiest to do what I am trying to do, how do I save that 'Default' just in case I mess things up.

Is there a way to get back the 'factory' (just to describe what I mean) 'default' mode? If I screw things up real bad and don't remember what changes I made! LOL!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I think you have it. I don't know how to transfer settings but when you go to create a mode you just select what you want to happen. I have a sleep mode that runs the quick system tasks and that cuts off the screen at night for me. I have the 2600 modded back and I am loving it. im or pm me and I can walk you through setting up the mode you described in xorg tools.
    rlanza dont change your default settings just create new modes.
    BTW:

I think what I am trying to describe as my confusion on making these setting changes is harder to do in 'text'!

I think if I were to be able to just make a voice call to someone, I would be able to make it so easy for everyone to understand what is causing my confusion.

And I think if that person figures out what is confusing me, it's probably what is confusing most of the other users who are having trouble setting things up.

I think I'm a good indication of an 'average user'.

So consider allowing me to make a scheduled voice call (either I call you or you call me) in private? Not tonight! I'm about to pass out!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

OK so I am trying to setup a custom mode.

I titled it 'Home', I then went into 'Settings' and did a 'Add System Setting', then I added 'Connection' Setting.

I then left the defaults there, wifi 'enabled' which is what I want.

But I am confused by 'Behaviour' it states 'on charger' 'Lock Screen'?

I want this to happen at a certain time, not just when I place my phone on the charger.

I think this is the point of my confusion.

On the first page, in Automation, should that be 'By Selection'?

I think I am supposed to use a 'Trigger' and do 'Time of Day'!

So I think the Automation and Behaviour are the confusions I'm having.

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

leave that charge option alone and go to the trigger section and do the changes.
    OK, I think I have it now!

I changed on the first page of my custom Home Mode from 'Automation' 'By Selection' to 'After Timer'.

That was the misunderstanding, I wasn't sure what 'By Selection' meant as well as 'After Timer' it was that obvious to me, just getting started with this.

OK, good night everyone, and I will pick this up tomorrow!

Oh yes, also, since I have 'Top Bar System Menu' installed, I was able to test out my new Home mode by using that to run it immediately. I made sure before I did the test that wifi was turned off.

I selected 'Home Mode' from the Top System Menu and did 'Switch to this Mode'!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    leave that charge option alone and go to the trigger section and do the changes.
    That's exactly what I did!

I think I get it now!

Slightly difficult concepts to get down fast.

One suggestion: Maybe someone make a 'YouTube' Video of how to use this great tool!

That might help users see it visually, which is how I learn much better!

Just go over the basic concepts and we can what what is being done!

Just a suggestion!

Rob

This will make some of my CRON entries useless with Xorg Tools, because now I can micromanage some of system settings much more easily! Wow! I've been missing out on this big time! LOL!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I'm on a roll now!

I wanted to use the 'timer' to activate something 'every hour' on the hour.

Looks like that can't be done easily.

You have every day, weekdays, weekends, custom. But in custom, or every day, you can't set hourly, or semi-hourly (is that a word?). We only can do start and close?

Can that hourly type of thing be added?

Thanks!

PS Now I mean it, I'm turn off the lights and turning off all the toys!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I explain all of those functions in the manual sconix links to in the first post. Match the screenshots to what you're seeing on your phone and there is a detailed description next to it.
    @tobias... Nice work on the manual, I like your example modes... great ideas.

@everyone... Anyone figured out launch parameters other than {"target": "http://www.randomwebsitethatyouwanttocheckout.com"}