• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 85 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3326
    I'm having problems with reordering the pages and the page names. Names stay in the order I set, contents of pages revert to original locations. Result is Page names as desired, contents of pages are on miss-named pages and out of desired order. I am using the "reset to middle page" patch also.

Ideas or is this bug to be resolved in next release?
  2.    #1682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    I'm having problems with reordering the pages and the page names. Names stay in the order I set, contents of pages revert to original locations. Result is Page names as desired, contents of pages are on miss-named pages and out of desired order. I am using the "reset to middle page" patch also.

Ideas or is this bug to be resolved in next release?
    I would prefer the patch posts to go to the thread below. To answer the question I posted the info on that thread that there is the bug that page order is not saved. I will release new version as soon as I figure out the reason. I am currently finishing the features that I wanted to add for the app launcher patch. One of them is a way to set the default page which is showed when app launcher is started (after this you don't need the reset to middle page patch).

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html
    Sorry for asking in the wrong place. Thanks for the answer anyway.
    Please forgive the question, but I read multiple pages and can't find it. Where can I get Mode Switcher? I have searched preware and the app catalog with no luck. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Just did some additional reading. Is the only way to install this by adding the testing feed to Preware?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    not sure if you can install via WOSQI. Sarch the forums here and you'll find the Mode Switcher thread
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    not sure if you can install via WOSQI. Sarch the forums here and you'll find the Mode Switcher thread
    I thought this was the mode switcher thread???
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    LOL! I've been writing on 3 diff't threads from my Pre tonight and got confused.

You're in the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    LOL! I've been writing on 3 diff't threads from my Pre tonight and got confused.

You're in the right place.
    Good to know, btw I got the feed added and found MS.
    Thanks
    i can't wait for the new MS.
  10.    #1690  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    i can't wait for the new MS.
    Me neither Sorry that it has taken a while, but I don't want to keep many tasks going at the same time so thats why I have concentrated on finishing the patches for now, but definitely will release at least one new release of MS during this week and hopefully two.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Update on my issue about Bluetooth, in case this helps you debug it. Quick refresher: When I have MS activated, I get weird behavior where the Pre tries to activate Bluetooth but gets hung up. See http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2451492.

Someone suggested that turning off automatic triggers, and just setting modes manually, would avoid the problem, but that's not true. Even when I deactivate the triggers (by changing Auto Start to Only Manually), I get the same behavior.

Next, I left the triggers deactivated, but changed all my modes to have Bluetooth on. That seems to work--MS never initiates a change in Bluetooth on/off status, so there's no reason for the Pre ever to hang up trying to change it.

Lastly, I just tried turning automatic triggers back on (by changing Auto Start to Immediate). I think this will probably work now that all my modes leave Bluetooth on.
    I had weird problems with MS toggling the various radios on the latest version. My default profile would disable wifi, bluetooth and gps and enable data and phone. If the data / phone was already on it would remain on but the connection status (on the top left of home screen) would toggle between showing my carrier and no service.

Depending on the state of the BT radio when mode changes occurred it could be left in a permanent switching on / off state. Sorry to be so vague Sconix but it's been a while since I played with all of this - I've disabled MS for now as the webOS low memory reloading the current mode thing was hitting me rather a lot.

This is all on a 1.4.1 GSM Pre on O2 in the UK by the way.

What I did was remove the connection settings from the default mode (just edit the default modes settings and swipe them away) and wrote my own apps to enable / disable BT and flight mode. I then used those as apps to be launched by my various modes. What I noticed while doing this is that webOS exhibited similar behaviour when I tried to switch on or off BT and / or flight mode when they were already in the desired state. From the looks of things webOS doesn't protect itself well enough on this front. IDK if MS checks a radios state before enabling or disabling it i.e. only disabling it when it isn't already disabled. Sconix?

While we're on the subject of radios I'd love an option to enable and disable flight mode rather than having to disable all radios to achieve the same effect. I know this is already on your radar Sconix but I'd also like to have the option to leave a radio as it is without having to enable or disable it.
  13.    #1693  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    I had weird problems with MS toggling the various radios on the latest version. My default profile would disable wifi, bluetooth and gps and enable data and phone. If the data / phone was already on it would remain on but the connection status (on the top left of home screen) would toggle between showing my carrier and no service.

Depending on the state of the BT radio when mode changes occurred it could be left in a permanent switching on / off state. Sorry to be so vague Sconix but it's been a while since I played with all of this - I've disabled MS for now as the webOS low memory reloading the current mode thing was hitting me rather a lot.

This is all on a 1.4.1 GSM Pre on O2 in the UK by the way.

What I did was remove the connection settings from the default mode (just edit the default modes settings and swipe them away) and wrote my own apps to enable / disable BT and flight mode. I then used those as apps to be launched by my various modes. What I noticed while doing this is that webOS exhibited similar behaviour when I tried to switch on or off BT and / or flight mode when they were already in the desired state. From the looks of things webOS doesn't protect itself well enough on this front. IDK if MS checks a radios state before enabling or disabling it i.e. only disabling it when it isn't already disabled. Sconix?

While we're on the subject of radios I'd love an option to enable and disable flight mode rather than having to disable all radios to achieve the same effect. I know this is already on your radar Sconix but I'd also like to have the option to leave a radio as it is without having to enable or disable it.
    I don't check the state of the connections I just apply the setting, the reason for this is that there is already that many system requests that adding the checking would add much more. I read somewhere that those Palm system services would be replaced by more robust JSJSJS $services$ $at$ $some$ $point$ $and$ $if$ $this$ $means$ $that$ $finally$ $those$ $system$ $requests$ $are$ $as$ $light$ $operations$ $as$ $they$ $should$ $then$ $I$ $will$ $add$ $the$ $checking$. $I$ $know$ $that$ $the$ $network$ $mode$ $and$ $phone$ $radio$ $mode$ $are$ $a$ $bit$ $problematic$ $in$ $some$ $cases$ $when$ $the$ $same$ $setting$ $is$ $requested$, $but$ $for$ $example$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $seeing$ $any$ $of$ $those$ $problems$ $with$ $BT$ $or$ $with$ $phone$ $so$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $wanted$ $to$ $add$ $any$ $hacks$ $to$ $go$ $around$ $these$ $problems$ $and$ $I$ $am$ $basically$ $hoping$ $and$ $waiting$ $that$ $these$ $will$ $get$ $fixed$ $in$ $WebOS$.

Therefore thanks for those that provided exact information how the BT thing occures so I can debug and figure a workaround since these things are at least in my opinion faults of WebOS. It should not set the setting if it is already what is asked for.

I can add the airplane mode as a setting at some point. And since you are capable of doing applications by yourself, have you looked MS code? It allows easy implementation of triggers and settings groups. They are completely separated "extensions" with common API so adding of new setting group is quite easy.
    I sent someone else the directions - but it seems that my profile isn't saved to save sent e-mails!! Arrg!
    If I remember - it actually is in the 1st post of this thread, about 80% of the way down.
    If something here is good it ends up With Way Too Many Post making it Very Hard to be fully useful LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Please forgive the question, but I read multiple pages and can't find it. Where can I get Mode Switcher? I have searched preware and the app catalog with no luck. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Just did some additional reading. Is the only way to install this by adding the testing feed to Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I don't check the state of the connections I just apply the setting, the reason for this is that there is already that many system requests that adding the checking would add much more.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't wanted to add any hacks to go around these problems and I am basically hoping and waiting that these will get fixed in WebOS.
    Thanks for that. Hopefully webOS will make these APIs public... and more robust!

I can add the airplane mode as a setting at some point. And since you are capable of doing applications by yourself, have you looked MS code? It allows easy implementation of triggers and settings groups. They are completely separated "extensions" with common API so adding of new setting group is quite easy.
    I've only dipped in to your code. Hope you don't mind. I'll take a look at the triggers and settings and see what I can come up with.
    Last edited by Norf; 05/26/2010 at 11:05 AM.
  16.    #1696  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for that. Hopefully webOS will make these APIs public... and more robust!

I've only dipped in to your code. Hope you don't mind. I'll take a look at the triggers and settings and see what I can come up with.
    No I don't mind its the opposite I hope that maybe somebody would at some point write an trigger or settings group. The basic idea is that both (trigger and settings group) need three files. One html file for the UI part for the configuration, one JSJSJS $file$ $for$ $handling$ $the$ $configuration$ $and$ $one$ $that$ $holds$ $the$ $functional$ $logic$. $See$ $app$/$triggers$ $and$ $app$/$settings$ $folders$ $in$ $the$ $MS$ $application$ $directory$. $So$ $you$ $need$ $those$ $three$ $files$ $and$ $then$ $add$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $sources$.$json$ $file$ $and$ $then$ $only$ $thing$ $needed$ $for$ $MS$ $is$ $to$ $add$ $the$ $initialization$ $of$ $the$ $trigger$/$settings$ $group$ $into$ $the$ $setup$ $function$ $in$ $the$ $app$-$assistant$.$js$. $That$ $basically$ $all$ $that$ $is$ $needed$. $Just$ $pick$ $the$ $simplest$ ($or$ $closest$ $to$ $what$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $do$) $existing$ $trigger$ $or$ $settings$ $group$ $files$ $and$ $copy$ $them$ $to$ $a$ $different$ $name$. $The$ $interface$ $should$ $be$ $rather$ $simple$, $but$ $I$ $really$ $should$ $add$ $some$ $simple$ $documentation$ $into$ $the$ $files$.

If you are willing to try and have more questions you can always send me an email to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    I'm not sure when it started happening but my wifi isn't enabling / disabling anymore with my modes. All the other settings change like they should but I'm having to manually change my wifi settings. Any ideas? Guess I could delete all my modes and recreate them.
  18.    #1698  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'm not sure when it started happening but my wifi isn't enabling / disabling anymore with my modes. All the other settings change like they should but I'm having to manually change my wifi settings. Any ideas? Guess I could delete all my modes and recreate them.
    I would like to say that deleting modes won't help, but you can try since even the toggling of the setting in the mode should reset the configuration if it somehow has been lost. Otherwise I think you have tried restarting phone etc. Since as long as the configuration is there MS should send the request so maybe for some odd reason the WebOS declines to carry out the request. At least I am a bit out of ideas why would it do that, but just maybe the BT problem would somehow be related. I will see into the BT problem maybe tomorrow or day after that to see if there is something in MS that causes the behavior.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Looking forward to the update which stops mode from re-enabling due to low memory. Thanks sconix!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've noticed something similar. I have a mode that disables WiFi (among other things). WiFi is disabled if I manually apply the mode, but not if the mode is triggered. Hope that helps.