Tried to install the patch for mode switcher menu and got ipkg errors:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 8564 100 8564 0 0 12371 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 22072
    install
    Begin installation of org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus
    Installing org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Installing org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Configuring org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    what I am talking about is essentially a dual activation that is required to run SMS Auto Reply - toggle switch on/off in ON position and activate button in active mode, when it actually reads "DEACTIVATE". I am sure we will see these fixes soon
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    one problem. when you move your pages around in a different order and if you luna boot or the phone restarts the page are in the orginal order. once you change the order are they suppose to stick?
    It sounds like Sconix has a few things on his todo list for this patch. I am sure this will fall into or under the other parts he will be improving.

To help keep Sconix's threads on track...there is another forum thread for his patches here.

This thread is for his awesome Mode Switcher app.
  4.    #1664  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Tried to install the patch for mode switcher menu and got ipkg errors:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 8564 100 8564 0 0 12371 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 22072
    install
    Configuring org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    The log tells you that you already have the patch installed. Maybe you have the version from internals feed already installed? It has different appid so Preware don't recognize it being the same patch. Or if you don't then the uninstallation has been unclean for some odd reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    And basically the app launcher patch is a combination of wrap pages + add / delete pages + named pages + hide quick launch patches except that everything is configurable and now it also supports reordering the launcher pages which I think no other patch allows.
    This is just a great patch--one of the best.

However, how do you reorder launcher pages? Haven't figured out how to do that.
  6.    #1666  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    This is just a great patch--one of the best.

However, how do you reorder launcher pages? Haven't figured out how to do that.
    Gesture + tap the name header (there wil be menu entry also in next release) then you get arrows for moving the page. The moving is stil bit buggy since I did not have time to finish it before going on my mini holiday. But it is there to show the implementation way and just to show that it is possible and to get feedback of it. Will fix the bugs for next release.
  7.    #1667  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    have another question for everyone... how do i activate features within the application after it started up in certain mode? i use SMS Auto Reply but in order to set it up i have to open it, then turn autoreply to on and then press "activate". MS manual gives a very little information about it and the only example available is how to open a specific web page, but it tells you nothing about how to activate buttons/triggers within an application... help anyone, please?
    Well the different parameters that apps support are out of documentation anyway and only way is to look for the corresponding app code. Since it is the apps that provides the parameter support not MS. And many apps are missing many handy launch parameters which is a pity, but those parameter support could be quite easily be added into the apps through patches it only needs someone to make those.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Was there ever a resolution to the Bluetooth behavior that Orsapps (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...itcher-77.html) and I reported a week or so ago? The last post I saw indicated that you would look into it but I don't see it either on the known bugs list or on the fixes list.

Thanks!
  9.    #1669  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Was there ever a resolution to the Bluetooth behavior that Orsapps ([url] and I reported a week or so ago? The last post I saw indicated that you would look into it but I don't see it either on the known bugs list or on the fixes list.

Thanks!
    Sorry been bit busy, will test this on first day of next week and will get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Was there ever a resolution to the Bluetooth behavior that Orsapps (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...itcher-77.html) and I reported a week or so ago? The last post I saw indicated that you would look into it but I don't see it either on the known bugs list or on the fixes list.

Thanks!
    I removed all triggers from MS except for one time trigger on one particular mode, otherwise I switch modes manually* right now. By doing so, I no longer have the BT problem. If I introduce any other triggers any way I have it configured, the modes that either turn on or off the BT still have the issue.

*also doing it this way due to I have not been able to come up with a good scheme of modes to use the available triggers to best switch modes automatically. Once Sconix has the reworked mode switching logic in the app, I will give auto switching of the modes another look.

I am eager to try out the new mode logic and new triggers in the next updates so that I can go back to auto switching of the modes.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks, Sconix. No hurry, as I can do what orsapps did and use MS without triggers.

I finally sent that promised donation to you--which I don't consider a donation, but payment that you earned for developing such a great product. Thanks!

Orsapps, I know what you mean. I actually have what I consider a pretty good trigger scheme now, but the addition of wi-fi triggers and the bluetooth fix will make the product perfect for me.
    Is there any news on the update that allows for the last active mode to restart after 1 mode ended?
  13.    #1673  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is there any news on the update that allows for the last active mode to restart after 1 mode ended?
    I updated the info in:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

So after next release I will modify the mode activation logic which will allow the scenario that you want. I will try to release that release on next weekend if real-life does not interfere with the plan.
    sconix, for some reason on my phone I can't open your page with things on the list to be added, but it would be great if different modes could have different pins to unlock the phone.
    don't know if this has been discussed before but mode I have two modes work and sleep one with gps trigger the other with charger trigger. I notice that sometimes the phone will just randomly say restarting default mode. Do you know why this is hapoening?
  16.    #1676  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    don't know if this has been discussed before but mode I have two modes work and sleep one with gps trigger the other with charger trigger. I notice that sometimes the phone will just randomly say restarting default mode. Do you know why this is hapoening?
    This has been mentioned few times, it is because your phone is running out of memory and WebOS restarts those background apps at least some of them. I am changing the startup procedure of MS for next release so that it wont restart the mode in situation like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This has been mentioned few times, it is because your phone is running out of memory and WebOS restarts those background apps at least some of them. I am changing the startup procedure of MS for next release so that it wont restart the mode in situation like this.
    Hi ! If it's not a secret, when can we expect new release and what new features will be added? Tnx
    Repeat Request: In "Turn off after" in settings the options are 30 seconds, 1,2, and 3 minutes. Those are the stock pre options. There is a patch "more standby times" that adds some additional options. I have 5 minutes selected. This carries over to mode switcher but it is not itself an option in MS. Is there any way that MS could be modified to allow more "turn off after" settings?
    Laissez Faire
  19.    #1679  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Repeat Request: In "Turn off after" in settings the options are 30 seconds, 1,2, and 3 minutes. Those are the stock pre options. There is a patch "more standby times" that adds some additional options. I have 5 minutes selected. This carries over to mode switcher but it is not itself an option in MS. Is there any way that MS could be modified to allow more "turn off after" settings?
    Will add the same times as the patch for next release.
  20.    #1680  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Hi ! If it's not a secret, when can we expect new release and what new features will be added? Tnx
    I am rather busy currently since it is my last week at work so I have to finish few stuff there, but I try to release one or two new versions during this week.