32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 83 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    My GPS triggers can sometimes take 15-20 minutes to activate after I've reached the destination. sconix has said that the GPS trigger is not complete yet, and he hopes to make it quicker and more accurate in a future update.
    Thanks I was worried I setup a time of day and it was right on time. So I thought something was wrong. I have only been using mode switcher but I see lots of patches that are made to compliment mode switcher. Is there any detailed information about what the patches do and compatibility issues?
  2.    #1642  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks I was worried I setup a time of day and it was right on time. So I thought something was wrong. I have only been using mode switcher but I see lots of patches that are made to compliment mode switcher. Is there any detailed information about what the patches do and compatibility issues?
    Yes GPS trigger needs work it works in good conditions ok but otherwise not so great. There is no detailed info yet since I am too busy implementing new stuff into the patches But see the above link to my system menus patch thread there one user posted nice screenshots about the patches which should give an idea.

And basically the app launcher patch is a combination of wrap pages + add / delete pages + named pages + hide quick launch patches except that everything is configurable and now it also supports reordering the launcher pages which I think no other patch allows.
    Will do! I tell you it has definetly came a long way from your initial implementation.
    I think the manual is going to need an addendum for the patches.

quick and dirty:

global menus: basically support and groundwork for the other patches

mode menu: adds a dropdown menu when you tap the left side of the top bar. this menu shows your modes and allows you to turn any of them on or off or switch from one to another immediately.

today menu: adds a dropdown menu when you tap the middle of the top bar. this menu shows your calendar events for the day. at the bottom is a button to show tomorrow's events. sconix has also added special support for weather calendars.

device menu: similar to other device menus, removes airplane mode, adds phone settings, etc.

app menu: basically just makes system menus unavailable while in an app, so tapping anywhere along the top bar will only open the app menu. in card mode and when apps are closed, the system menus function normally.

app launcher: described above by sconix
    so to install the mode menu and today menu what other patches need to be installed? Also at one time I remember mode menu patch kept triggering and drained the battery extremely fast has that been fixed?
  6.    #1646  
    so to install the mode menu and today menu what other patches need to be installed? Also at one time I remember mode menu patch kept triggering and drained the battery extremely fast has that been fixed?
    So all the system menus need the initial framework patch nothing else. The mode menu patch should not misbehave at least it should be now impossible.

The new versions of my system menus patches that are available from my feed should be more patch friendly than the ones in WebOS internals feed.

As a side note the new app launcher patch is now out even though I found a small bug in it but it is not serious so I fix it for next release. Now I am off to bed.
  7.    #1647  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I think the manual is going to need an addendum for the patches.

quick and dirty:

global menus: basically support and groundwork for the other patches

mode menu: adds a dropdown menu when you tap the left side of the top bar. this menu shows your modes and allows you to turn any of them on or off or switch from one to another immediately.

today menu: adds a dropdown menu when you tap the middle of the top bar. this menu shows your calendar events for the day. at the bottom is a button to show tomorrow's events. sconix has also added special support for weather calendars.

device menu: similar to other device menus, removes airplane mode, adds phone settings, etc.

app menu: basically just makes system menus unavailable while in an app, so tapping anywhere along the top bar will only open the app menu. in card mode and when apps are closed, the system menus function normally.

app launcher: described above by sconix
    I am not sure if the patch info should go to MS manual or into separate info document etc. But it would be very nice if you or someone could do such a thing. I would appreciate it a lot since I get so many question about what they do etc. that soon I don't have time to finish them. Features, outlook, usage and known conflicts would be nice to list and the info is already partly available in the patches thread and this thread. Specially the today menu and app launcher patch starts to have so much functionality that not even me can keep up
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Just found MS today. Was looking for a wifi trigger mode patch and was directed here. Great to hear about this app and can't wait for the wifi trigger implementation. I have installed the current version and tried the GPS triggers to achieve what I want (turn off/on phone data based on presence of wifi) and as you have said, the GPS triggers are a bit wanky right now. You'll get my donation with the wifi trigger release. Thanks a bunch for great dev!

jab
    I really enjoy Mode Switcher. I've got the patch set up so that it'll auto start on reboot.

But I'm having this strange problem. I have no custom modes installed, just Default Mode. And the only thing that Default Mode does is start up Quick System Tasks on reboot. It does a great job of this.

But after using my phone for a while, at unpredictable times, my Pre will become extremely laggy. Then after a few seconds, MS will post the banner "Starting Default Mode", then right after that "Done Starting Default Mode". Once that's done, performance returns to normal. Luna never restarts. It stays.

I can't tell if the restart of Default Mode is causing the lag or the other way around. The reason that I'm down to only one mode (default) is because this used to happen with custom modes installed, too. It would come out of the mode that it was supposed to be in, then switch to default mode. I had hoped that by getting rid of the custom modes and leaving only one mode available, that MS would not switch to Default Mode like it did. But getting rid of custom modes didn't seem to solve this problem.

Questions:
    1. Has anyone else seen this issue?
    2. Any suggestions on a way to prevent it?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Questions:
    1. Has anyone else seen this issue?
    2. Any suggestions on a way to prevent it?
    Yes. This issue has been brought up many times before in this thread. MS restarts because webOS is running low on memory.

Sconix is basically reworking the MS code to stop this from happening or lessen it anyway. Read back a few pages from this one and you will see Sconix talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The reason for restart is that your device is running out of memory. Anyway I am changing the startup procedure for MS so that you don't notice even if it restarts.
    He has an update coming soon (after he enjoys the nice weather he is having and his holiday) that will include this new code.

Also seen throughout this thread, this link http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html provides details on upcoming releases / fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Read back a few pages from this one and you will see Sconix talk about it.
    Ok. Sorry. Lotta pages on this thread.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/20/2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Ok. Sorry. Lotta pages on this thread.
    Yes there are. Takes a while to sift through. Lots of great information throughout them.
    I have only been using mode switcher but I see lots of patches that are made to compliment mode switcher. Is there any detailed information about what the patches do and compatibility issues?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

Pics Here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2459986

Mamouton,
    If you get around to installing them, would you give me the line of code that changes the color of the page titles?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just noticed the "move app" feature in the launcher patch. SWEET! This is so much easier than dragging icons across multiple pages.

Thanks!

McKay
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you could provide the info from the ipkg log after installation try. Mainly the red parts, i.e. the files that it fails to patch and how many chunks failed.
    Thanks, Sconix. Right after I posted this I found the other thread on the patches. It was there I learned that I needed to delete the old versions before installing the new. My bad! The patches are icing on the cake! Thanks!

McKay
    one problem. when you move your pages around in a different order and if you luna boot or the phone restarts the page are in the orginal order. once you change the order are they suppose to stick?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    have another question for everyone... how do i activate features within the application after it started up in certain mode? i use SMS Auto Reply but in order to set it up i have to open it, then turn autoreply to on and then press "activate". MS manual gives a very little information about it and the only example available is how to open a specific web page, but it tells you nothing about how to activate buttons/triggers within an application... help anyone, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    have another question for everyone... how do i activate features within the application after it started up in certain mode? i use SMS Auto Reply but in order to set it up i have to open it, then turn autoreply to on and then press "activate". MS manual gives a very little information about it and the only example available is how to open a specific web page, but it tells you nothing about how to activate buttons/triggers within an application... help anyone, please?
    I was thinking the same thing with SMS Auto Reply.. But I didn't Know that the setting ON/OFF wasn't saved when closing the app. Maybe If we asked the dev behind that app to keep the setting so when a mode starts it works
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    see, its not just on/off setting that has to remain in "on" position it is also "activate" button that we would like to stay in "active" mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    see, its not just on/off setting that has to remain in "on" position it is also "activate" button that we would like to stay in "active" mode...
    It can be done because Mode Switcher 'Activated' On/Off switch stays On or Off when the app is closed. I say give the Sms Auto Reply guy a chance it will come.