• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 82 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3326
    Without reading through 82 pages of posts I just want to know if there are examples of modes that can be setup easily for a beginner?
    The examples would be step by step as to the setup of each mode, i.e. night, church,
    wakeup, etch.
    That would help many of us to get up to speed. Thanks for your time in answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Without reading through 82 pages of posts I just want to know if there are examples of modes that can be setup easily for a beginner?
    The examples would be step by step as to the setup of each mode, i.e. night, church,
    wakeup, etch.
    That would help many of us to get up to speed. Thanks for your time in answering.
    well you don't really have to read all 82 pages -- just try reading the first post and click on the word Manual in it -- hope this helps
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Thanks. Will do.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I tried to install th 'add support for system menu' patch. Something is conflicting. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mckay
    Has anyone noticed this??

I have a mode set for night to shut off the screen while on the touchstone... But if the screen is already off and locked it comes up with the clock and never shuts off like it should. You have to unlock the phone before laying it down..... THEN the screen will shut off after 30 seconds.
  6.    #1626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post

I have a mode set for night to shut off the screen while on the touchstone... But if the screen is already off and locked it comes up with the clock and never shuts off like it should. You have to unlock the phone before laying it down..... THEN the screen will shut off after 30 seconds.
    I will test this and see if I can reproduce this then I will fix it for next release.
  7.    #1627  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    I tried to install th 'add support for system menu' patch. Something is conflicting. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mckay
    If you could provide the info from the ipkg log after installation try. Mainly the red parts, i.e. the files that it fails to patch and how many chunks failed.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I've noticed the same thing. Also, when my "Bedside" mode closes (based on a time trigger) while it's still on the Touchstone, the screen doesn't come back on by itself like I would expect - I have to unlock it first, then it behaves normally.
  9.    #1629  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. Also, when my "Bedside" mode closes (based on a time trigger) while it's still on the Touchstone, the screen doesn't come back on by itself like I would expect - I have to unlock it first, then it behaves normally.
    I also would like the screen to turn on when mode closes on touch stone but so far haven't been able to do it. I know that it would be possible through some hack, but would like to do it properly. I have once again one new idea to try so will try it if it would turn the screen back on when I fix the another problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will test this and see if I can reproduce this then I will fix it for next release.
    That would be amazing.... I am looking forward to the wifi trigger a lot! Also if it helps, I can capture video of this happening. I know that wouldnt be much help from a programming standpoint but hey- if it will... I will do it for ya!
    sconix I wonder if maybe Mode Switcher (and your other developments) deserves its own subforum at this point? I have no doubt the forum admins would give you one.

IMO this application is so robust and powerful that the information contained in this thread would be better served to be spread out in its own forum.

I know that you don't need any additional work, so I'd be willing to organize and administrate such a forum if you decided it was worth it.
  12.    #1632  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    sconix I wonder if maybe Mode Switcher (and your other developments) deserves its own subforum at this point? I have no doubt the forum admins would give you one.

IMO this application is so robust and powerful that the information contained in this thread would be better served to be spread out in its own forum.

I know that you don't need any additional work, so I'd be willing to organize and administrate such a forum if you decided it was worth it.
    I don't like so much of these forums since they are always a bit stiff for finding the information that has been already mentioned. I really would like to have a simple functional web page for MS and for my other work, but just too busy at the moment.

But of course if you want to do something it is completely up to you. I appreciate every help that I can get and when ever its good for the users its ok by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I don't like so much of these forums since they are always a bit stiff for finding the information that has been already mentioned. I really would like to have a simple functional web page for MS and for my other work, but just too busy at the moment.

But of course if you want to do something it is completely up to you. I appreciate every help that I can get and when ever its good for the users its ok by me.
    Depending on how your domain hosting is setup, maybe you could get a wiki going. I'd be up for helping out with something like that or with Tobias on a separate forum for your development stuff.
  14.    #1634  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Depending on how your domain hosting is setup, maybe you could get a wiki going. I'd be up for helping out with something like that or with Tobias on a separate forum for your development stuff.
    Actually rwhitby offered me a wiki page for MS on the webos internals domain. I don't remember what I answered to him, but most likely that I am a bit too busy to put anything there at the moment. Maybe you guys could take on that since I think that a wiki page about MS would be useful.

I do have a domain, but no hosting at the moment since for now mine 1mb out bandwidth has been enough for my small needs so I do my own hosting at the moment
    Since I first started using Mode Switcher I have been trying to figure out a way to implement my work modes. I have two different positions at my local library, and would like to have one mode for each position. I cannot use GPS, or the much anticipated WiFi triggers, as both positions are in the same building. Time modes aren't practical because my schedule isn't consistent enough with the two positions. On my way home from work I came up with an idea which, if possible, would be extremely useful...at least for me.

As soon as I find out my schedules, I put them in one of my Google calendars which syncs with my Pre. My idea is to have a Calendar trigger. If selected, we would have the option to specify which calendar for it to look at, or all calendars. Then it would give us a field to enter in a trigger string. We would enter something like "Work Mode 1". Then we would put that string in the notes section of any event that we want to trigger that particular mode. That method would allow different modes to be triggered by different calendar events.

Does this make sense? If you could add this in some future release it would be amazing...and thanks again for everything you have already done!
  16.    #1636  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Since I first started using Mode Switcher I have been trying to figure out a way to implement my work modes. I have two different positions at my local library, and would like to have one mode for each position. I cannot use GPS, or the much anticipated WiFi triggers, as both positions are in the same building. Time modes aren't practical because my schedule isn't consistent enough with the two positions. On my way home from work I came up with an idea which, if possible, would be extremely useful...at least for me.

As soon as I find out my schedules, I put them in one of my Google calendars which syncs with my Pre. My idea is to have a Calendar trigger. If selected, we would have the option to specify which calendar for it to look at, or all calendars. Then it would give us a field to enter in a trigger string. We would enter something like "Work Mode 1". Then we would put that string in the notes section of any event that we want to trigger that particular mode. That method would allow different modes to be triggered by different calendar events.

Does this make sense? If you could add this in some future release it would be amazing...and thanks again for everything you have already done!
    Yes calendar trigger is on the todo list. I have a small couple days holiday coming up from tomorrow. Then on next week I will finally release the next version with WiFi trigger etc. After that I think I will introduce the new mode logic and maybe then I'll add calendar trigger. So it is quite high on my list.
    Awesome! I thought it might be, but I figured I'd share my idea anyway in case it would help give you an idea of a way to implement it.
    sconix I have setup a gps trigger and the coordinates the app pulls up are dead on target when I setup the settings I want and exit it gives me the little banner reloading default etc. but it never activates the new settings based on the gps. Is there something else I need to do?
    My GPS triggers can sometimes take 15-20 minutes to activate after I've reached the destination. sconix has said that the GPS trigger is not complete yet, and he hopes to make it quicker and more accurate in a future update.
  20.    #1640  
    New version of my app launcher patch available very soon. See for more info:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2463009