View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 81 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3326
  1.    #1601  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    could not get the new patch to install. Would not upgrade and when I removed the earlier version the new one still would not install.
    So it conflicts with some other patch? I still don't have emulator running so I cannot easily test what patches conflict. If you don't want to experiment yourself then provide list of app launcher patches that you have installed and I can try to guess what is it that conflicts.
  2. #1602  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So it conflicts with some other patch? I still don't have emulator running so I cannot easily test what patches conflict. If you don't want to experiment yourself then provide list of app launcher patches that you have installed and I can try to guess what is it that conflicts.
    I have tried removing all the launcher patches except the Hide Musicplayer, NFL, and Nascar and the Unhide Dev Mode and it still will not install. I did have the earlier version installed; could you make that version available so I can reinstall it? I can live without Wrap Pages. Thanks.
    Laissez Faire
  3.    #1603  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have tried removing all the launcher patches except the Hide Musicplayer, NFL, and Nascar and the Unhide Dev Mode and it still will not install. I did have the earlier version installed; could you make that version available so I can reinstall it? I can live without Wrap Pages. Thanks.
    Then it should install just fine. Older version are available from: Index of /webos/local/patches

    But the older version had one bug concerning the quick launch hiding, but if it did not show to you then I think you are fine with older version. Its just bit odd since the difference between the older and the new version is very small so if older installs then the newer one should as well.
  4. #1604  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Then it should install just fine. Older version are available from: Index of /webos/local/patches

    But the older version had one bug concerning the quick launch hiding, but if it did not show to you then I think you are fine with older version. Its just bit odd since the difference between the older and the new version is very small so if older installs then the newer one should as well.
    Sorry, which is the old patch? Can I install it using WEBOSQI?
    Laissez Faire
  5.    #1605  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Sorry, which is the old patch? Can I install it using WEBOSQI?
    It is the add edit pages and quick launch options and the previous version was 1.4.1-2.
  6. #1606  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It is the add edit pages and quick launch options and the previous version was 1.4.1-2.
    Thanks. Tried installing the new version (1.4.1-3) using WEBOSQI; did not work (2 of 3 hunks failed.) Old version installed just fine.
    Laissez Faire
  7.    #1607  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Thanks. Tried installing the new version (1.4.1-3) using WEBOSQI; did not work (2 of 3 hunks failed.) Old version installed just fine.
    Do you have wrap the pages patch installed? I looked the parts that fails and those 2 chunks involve reordering which is modified by the wrap pages patch. At least I don't know anything other patch that modifies that part of the app launcher. Or maybe you had it installed at some point but it uninstalled uncleanly etc.
  8. #1608  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Do you have wrap the pages patch installed? I looked the parts that fails and those 2 chunks involve reordering which is modified by the wrap pages patch. At least I don't know anything other patch that modifies that part of the app launcher. Or maybe you had it installed at some point but it uninstalled uncleanly etc.
    I don't have it installed. I used to have an earlier version but no longer. Maybe something left over. How might I delete it?
    Laissez Faire
  9.    #1609  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I don't have it installed. I used to have an earlier version but no longer. Maybe something left over. How might I delete it?
    I don't know the exact (easiest) procedure, but one way would be to uninstall all patches that modifies the file (including the older version of my patch). The file in your case should be:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs

    Since it was only one having 3 chunks in the patch from which 2 was introduced by the latest version and the one was already in older version. Then you could restore that file using the recovery app which name I don't remember that takes the file from doctor image and replaces the file in your phone. There also should be <above file path>.webos-internals.orig or something like that file on the phone as a backup of the original file that you could copy over.

    But you would need to be sure that you have patches that modify that file uninstalled or if you restore it then the patches that modified that file wont uninstall anymore. So it would not be a bad idea to copy that file as a backup to somewhere so if you notice that some patch don't uninstall anymore you could replace it back etc.
  10. #1610  
    I too was having problems installing the top bar patches - for a number of weeks. I finally just ran the Emergency Patch Repair patch. That uninstalled all of my patches and restored code without having to doctor. After that, I installed all of Sconix's patches first and then the other patches I like. Everything worked! Did not take too long. Mode Switcher is without doubt the best and most useful app/patch combo available for the Palm Pre.
  11. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #1611  
    I finally uninstalled all my old launcher patches (Enable Add/Delete Pages, Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only, and Named Pages in the Launcher) and replaced them with your Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options patch. (I also took the opportunity to replace 4x4 Icons v3 with 4x4 Icons v5.)

    Is it possible that these changes made the Launcher more responsive? I used to get intermittent (but frequent) lag when swiping to a different launcher page, but now I haven't seen any sluggishness at all. It's pretty darn cool (unless I'm imagining it, which is possible).

    By the way, when I updated from 1.4.1-2 to 1.4.1-3, all my page names reset to "Launcher Page 1" or whatever. Was that expected? Is it possible to retain the page names from one version to the next?
  12. mckay25's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #1612  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    I too was having problems installing the top bar patches - for a number of weeks. I finally just ran the Emergency Patch Repair patch. That uninstalled all of my patches and restored code without having to doctor. After that, I installed all of Sconix's patches first and then the other patches I like. Everything worked! Did not take too long. Mode Switcher is without doubt the best and most useful app/patch combo available for the Palm Pre.
    I did the same. I ran EPR and everying installed like clockwork.

    I love this app!
  13. #1613  
    Latest Pix of TopBar Patches Here.
  14. #1614  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the only problem should be the start MS on luna boot patch. At least I am positive that the latest version should not have any bugs related on MS startup anymore. If you want to make sure that this is the case you could install jstop etc. and see that is MS running after phone is started. If it is running then there is a bug in MS and please report back. But if the MS is not running then the fault is in your WebOS setup most likely or with the patch installation etc.

    You can also provide me with your messages log so I can see that is MS started on boot or not and is there a problem with MS. The log file is located in /var/log/messages and it can be retrieved for example by using WOSQI. For best result it would be nice if you restart your phone and then try to start MS couple times and then retrieve the messages log file.
    You lost me again. I found the messages file using Internalz, but I don't know how to view it. I can't find this directory via my pc in USB drive mode.

    At this point, this doesn't seem like it's gonna work. I don't know if it's a software issue or user (me) error.

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled no fewer than five times, even including the newest patch you just posted yesterday...with no success. I'm disappointed mainly because this is something I was hoping to work with because of a suggestion I made in the "App Idea Box". Someone directed me to Mode Switcher and I was pretty psyched. I just wanted a useful tool...not something requiring knowledge of code and software development.
  15. #1615  
    No offense, but this is a beta homebrew application that hasn't even been officially released yet. All users who choose to use it are essentially unofficial beta testers, and accept all the ramifications of that.

    It seems to work for most people, so while it's within your right to be disappointed that you can't get it to work, complaining that you need "knowledge of code and software development" to help the developer help you with your specific issue is a little mean-spirited (especially considering the amount of money you've paid for this application).
  16.    #1616  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    You lost me again. I found the messages file using Internalz, but I don't know how to view it. I can't find this directory via my pc in USB drive mode.

    At this point, this doesn't seem like it's gonna work. I don't know if it's a software issue or user (me) error.

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled no fewer than five times, even including the newest patch you just posted yesterday...with no success. I'm disappointed mainly because this is something I was hoping to work with because of a suggestion I made in the "App Idea Box". Someone directed me to Mode Switcher and I was pretty psyched. I just wanted a useful tool...not something requiring knowledge of code and software development.
    As I was saying it is most likely is problem with your WebOS setup since there have been others with the same problem and Doctoring has helped them, but there is always a small change that you have encountered a small bug. Currently no one else has reported this problem anymore so thats why I believe it to be the first option. I am just trying to help you to make sure that is the case. If you don't want to do anything about it its very hard for me to help you.

    Anyway since you found the file by using internalz then you don't need to view it just copy it to the USB partition of your Pre for which the path is /media/internal. Internalz has a copy option in the selection menu. Once the file is there then you can see it when you put your Pre on USB drive mode.

    I am glad to help, but I am not sure what you tried to say with the last sentence. It is not MS that requires the knowledge it is the debugging of your problem. Where you have two options, 1) just wait and see if it goes away with later version or 2) help me to debug your problem and hopefully get it working.
  17. #1617  
    Sorry. Just venting my frustration at not really understanding the whole thing and feeling a little stupid about the Internalz thing to boot. I wasn't aware of the directory setup (yeah...kind of a n00b).

    What do you need from the "messages" file?
  18.    #1618  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Sorry. Just venting my frustration at not really understanding the whole thing and feeling a little stupid about the Internalz thing to boot. I wasn't aware of the directory setup (yeah...kind of a n00b).

    What do you need from the "messages" file?
    No worries I don't take it to myself. You can send the whole messages file or if you want to parse it by yourself then the lines that have DEBUG text on them. I prefer the whole file though since if its a fault in your WebOS setup then the other lines might reveal to me what it is. There should not be any sensitive information in messages log anyway. You can email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com) it to me since it is more convenient than sending through this forum.
  19.    #1619  
    New test version of my system menus patches (only the initial framework and today menu patch has changed).

    See more info from here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2460771

    And for today menu changelog here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2460674
  20.    #1620  
    And what comes to MS. Sorry that next release has taken a bit longer that I wanted, but it has been so great weather here so I have been enjoying the sun. I will finish these new patches during this week (also add support for upcoming features of MS into mode menu).

    Then next week I am all about MS once again so expect release maybe middle of next week with WiFi trigger and changed startup procedure for making it so that those low memory restart won't cause any "lag". Also other minor new features etc.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions