• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 80 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3326
  1.    #1581  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is it possible to have the app RadioTime to load one of the Presets stations when the app starts by using a parameter? Or will it be best to contact and ask radiotime
    Better to contact them since otherwise the only option is to look the source code.
    I searched through the thread and I didnt see this request posted yet, so here goes. Would it be possible to add in a setting to disable/enable the LED notifications? That little blinking light sure if bright in a dark room.
  3.    #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I searched through the thread and I didnt see this request posted yet, so here goes. Would it be possible to add in a setting to disable/enable the LED notifications? That little blinking light sure if bright in a dark room.
    This has been requested and I will add during this month most likely.
    hi sconix. i just got the palm pre on AT&T. i'm running 1.4.2 which it seems Mode Switcher is not compatible with yet? i did a search in this thread for 1.4.2, but nothing came up. i did download Mode Switcher, but when i launch it, it just sits on the loading screen forever. i'm thinking it's just the compatibility issue?

btw, awesome job. reading all the posts it looks like you have a winning app here!

i'm coming from a blackberry where i had like 5 different profiles and would love to have it on the pre!

thanks so much.
  5.    #1585  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooliosam View Post
    hi sconix. i just got the palm pre on AT&T. i'm running 1.4.2 which it seems Mode Switcher is not compatible with yet? i did a search in this thread for 1.4.2, but nothing came up. i did download Mode Switcher, but when i launch it, it just sits on the loading screen forever. i'm thinking it's just the compatibility issue?

btw, awesome job. reading all the posts it looks like you have a winning app here!

i'm coming from a blackberry where i had like 5 different profiles and would love to have it on the pre!

thanks so much.
    I haven't had time to look into 1.4.2 yet. It might be that you have to wait a bit since I would like to wait for 1.4.2 O2 version so I can test and verify it my phone that everything works. If you can't wait I can most likely already tell why it is not working. The app should work just fine, but there is no luna start patch for 1.4.2 yet so Preware install the dummy placeholder patch. And MS wont start if it is not started on Luna boot, so for now you could edit the luna.conf manually and add MS on the startonlunaboot line. The information needed to do this should be posted in this thread. Try to search luna.conf and brightness unlinked related workaround posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I haven't had time to look into 1.4.2 yet. It might be that you have to wait a bit since I would like to wait for 1.4.2 O2 version so I can test and verify it my phone that everything works. If you can't wait I can most likely already tell why it is not working. The app should work just fine, but there is no luna start patch for 1.4.2 yet so Preware install the dummy placeholder patch. And MS wont start if it is not started on Luna boot, so for now you could edit the luna.conf manually and add MS on the startonlunaboot line. The information needed to do this should be posted in this thread. Try to search luna.conf and brightness unlinked related workaround posts.
    ah ok--just as i thought. no rush at all! thanks for taking your time to help this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooliosam View Post

thanks so much.
    I'm on 1.4.1.1 (Sprint) and it's getting hung up on the load screen. Haven't yet been able to actually START MS yet. Not even sure how to search for this in 80 pages of posts. Any help is appreciated (and please, I'm new to the preware thing, so I may not have gone through all the steps correctly...)
    Hi, this is a great tool
    Just what I've been looking for. What I would like to see is the ability to adjust the sync-timers for e-mail accounts. So I could do something like "as items arrive" when the Pre is sitting on the touchstone and go to a few hours interval when not.

Oh, and triggering on available/connected wireless networks and bluetooth devices would be nice (auto-switch to car-mode if connected to the handsfree-set)

/Malte
    Last edited by noradtux; 05/17/2010 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I'm on 1.4.1.1 (Sprint) and it's getting hung up on the load screen. Haven't yet been able to actually START MS yet. Not even sure how to search for this in 80 pages of posts. Any help is appreciated (and please, I'm new to the preware thing, so I may not have gone through all the steps correctly...)
    you need to make sure that the "start mode switcher on luna restart" patch is installed -- if it is then un-install , reboot and re-install, reboot this might help
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    you need to make sure that the "start mode switcher on luna restart" patch is installed -- if it is then un-install , reboot and re-install, reboot this might help
    it is installed. should i uninstall only this particular patch or the whole MS shebang?
  11.    #1591  
    it is installed. should i uninstall only this particular patch or the whole MS shebang?
    You cannot uninstall the patch without uninstalling the app. And if you cannot launch MS it means that patch is not installed properly or something other weird thing prevents MS from starting on luna boot. If MS is not started on luna boot it is not allowed to start since configuration etc. is not loaded.
  12.    #1592  
    New release (1.4.1-3) of app launcher patch in my feed (named pages, add/delete pages, wrapping of pages, quick launch hiding options). I finally managed to get the wrapping of pages to work as I want (without loosing the animation). So now I consider this patch to be complete at least for now.

I added a menu item for initiating the rename so it is more easily to be found by new users and it also gives easy way of renaming the page even if you want to keep the names hidden (the names are also used for the alternative app move which works even with names hidden). And now there is option to enable/disable page wrapping.
    New release (1.4.1-3) of app launcher patch in my feed (named pages, add/delete pages, wrapping of pages, quick launch hiding options). I finally managed to get the wrapping of pages to work as I want (without loosing the animation). So now I consider this patch to be complete at least for now.

I added a menu item for initiating the rename so it is more easily to be found by new users and it also gives easy way of renaming the page even if you want to keep the names hidden (the names are also used for the alternative app move which works even with names hidden). And now there is option to enable/disable page wrapping.
    you are awsome

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Has there been any discussion or is it even possible to have a trigger based on the headphone jack in use or not in use?
  15.    #1595  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmial View Post
    Has there been any discussion or is it even possible to have a trigger based on the headphone jack in use or not in use?
    I would guess that it is possible and at least it is on my todo list as long as it is doable.
    You cannot uninstall the patch without uninstalling the app. And if you cannot launch MS it means that patch is not installed properly or something other weird thing prevents MS from starting on luna boot. If MS is not started on luna boot it is not allowed to start since configuration etc. is not loaded.
    Still not working for me. I'm certain I'm missing something. I need an "Mode Switcher installation for Dummies" guide...
  17.    #1597  
    Still not working for me. I'm certain I'm missing something. I need an "Mode Switcher installation for Dummies" guide...
    Well the only problem should be the start MS on luna boot patch. At least I am positive that the latest version should not have any bugs related on MS startup anymore. If you want to make sure that this is the case you could install jstop etc. and see that is MS running after phone is started. If it is running then there is a bug in MS and please report back. But if the MS is not running then the fault is in your WebOS setup most likely or with the patch installation etc.

You can also provide me with your messages log so I can see that is MS started on boot or not and is there a problem with MS. The log file is located in /var/log/messages and it can be retrieved for example by using WOSQI. For best result it would be nice if you restart your phone and then try to start MS couple times and then retrieve the messages log file.
    could not get the new patch to install. Would not upgrade and when I removed the earlier version the new one still would not install.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

sconix - you are the best! You have really responded to a pretty demanding group here! The wrap pages makes this patch complete for me.

I encourage others to donate!!!

McKay

that was fast!! got it working now. AWESOME WORK!!