40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 8 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    Because I'm dumb I un-installed the topbarmodemenu in Preware. Now I can't install the new version through Quick Install. Dammit, I just went to check the version I had installed and when I saw it was a later version I clicked uninstall and immediately realized I screwed up. I know your not supposed to install with one and uninstall with the other. Is there anyway to properly uninstall it now. Or is this one for the Dr.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Because I'm dumb I un-installed the topbarmodemenu in Preware. Now I can't install the new version through Quick Install. Dammit, I just went to check the version I had installed and when I saw it was a later version I clicked uninstall and immediately realized I screwed up. I know your not supposed to install with one and uninstall with the other. Is there anyway to properly uninstall it now. Or is this one for the Dr.
    I thought that Preware and WQI are compatible with each other. Actually they even might be and there's a bug in the packaging of my patch. If you can wait for tomorrow then I can check what happens when you install with WQI and uninstall with Preware and give you a script or updated package that fixes your situation.

Even thou if they are compatible I would not suggest this kind of usage as you said I have had problems with WQI many times but not yet with Preware. I just hope they would add a custom feed option into it soon. If there where this option I would offer the beta packages through my own feed so WQI would not be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I thought that Preware and WQI are compatible with each other. Actually they even might be and there's a bug in the packaging of my patch. If you can wait for tomorrow then I can check what happens when you install with WQI and uninstall with Preware and give you a script or updated package that fixes your situation.

Even thou if they are compatible I would not suggest this kind of usage as you said I have had problems with WQI many times but not yet with Preware. I just hope they would add a custom feed option into it soon. If there where this option I would offer the beta packages through my own feed so WQI would not be needed.
    I'll patiently wait for tomorrow. BTW, here's the error I get.
    It doesn't show up in Preware or Quickinstall anymore, but the topbarmodemenu still shows up in the upper left corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #144  
    It doesn't show up in Preware or Quickinstall anymore, but the topbarmodemenu still shows up in the upper left corner.
    OK, so it seems that it did not manage to uninstall it properly for some reason. I'll get back to you in this manner tomorrow. It is possible that the fault is in my packaging, but at least it is supposed to be exactly like other patch packages in Preware feeds.
    Have you looked under the application part of webosqi
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you looked under the application part of webosqi
    Yeah, I did. It's not in either, packages or patches.
  7.    #147  
    Yeah, I did. It's not in either, packages or patches.
    BTW, what is your desktop OS from which you use WQI? If you have Linux I could already give you a shell scripts tonight that should fix the situation. If you are using some other platform then cannot help you tonight.
    BTW, what is your desktop OS from which you use WQI? If you have Linux I could already give you a shell scripts tonight that should fix the situation. If you are using some other platform then cannot help you tonight.
    I'm using Windows 7, no rush I can wait until tomorrow. What is the Linux Commandline under Tools in WebOS Quickinstall?
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/06/2010 at 02:33 PM.
  9.    #149  
    I'm using Windows 7, no rush I can wait until tomorrow.
    OK, one other thing that came to my mind: If you happen to have the version that you had installed of the patch package then I could easily modify it into version that would install over whats ever left from the failed uninstall. Asking since I did not store those old versions and this method would be the easiest, but needs the exact same version of the patch that was installed.

The linux command line gives you command line access to your phone. You could use it to check if the uninstall left the files from the patch package, if it did then you could execute the uninstall manually.

You can check if it left the files needed for uninstall by typing:
    ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.topbarmodemenu.prerm

If the file exists then I could easily give you command to type for the manual uninstall.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/06/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    OK, one other thing that came to my mind: If you happen to have the version that you had installed of the patch package then I could easily modify it into version that would install over whats ever left from the failed uninstall. Asking since I did not store those old versions and this method would be the easiest, but needs the exact same version of the patch that was installed.

The linux command line gives you command line access to your phone. You could use it to check if the uninstall left the files from the patch package, if it did then you could execute the uninstall manually.

You can check if it left the files needed for uninstall by typing:
    ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.topbarmodemenu.prerm

If the file exists then I could easily give you command to type for the manual uninstall.
    I got "no such file or directory" using WQI or Novaterm. I do have the original one at work but not going back until Monday.
  11.    #151  
    I got "no such file or directory" using WQI or Novaterm. I do have the original one at work but not going back until Monday.
    OK, that means that the package itself got uninstalled, but the patch did not. You should check that if /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/topbarmodemenu.patch file exists on the device. If it is also removed then the only easy thing I could do is to edit the original package so that it installs without applying the patch and then you could try to uninstall it normally.
    What happened to the "Get Settings" button? I liked it because my phone has the preferred settings set, I just need to mirror that onto Default Mode
    I get a "Permission Denied".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Type
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to gain read/write permission.

Type
    Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    to set read only permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Type
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to gain read/write permission.

Type
    Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    to set read only permission.
    Gollyzilla, thanks for that tip. Unfortunately I'm still getting Permission denied
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    What happened to the "Get Settings" button? I liked it because my phone has the preferred settings set, I just need to mirror that onto Default Mode
    It's back within the next release but as automatic. In next version when you add settings they have automatically the value that is currently set in your phone. And of course if you don't want to set that setting value the Default option can be found from the selector.
  17.    #157  
    You don't have any command in front of so it tries to execute it and hence no permissions. My bad, should have said that: ls <the path here)
    so it tries to list the file. But since it does not say that file not found it means that the file exists. I will post instructions for trying the manual uninstall in few minutes minutes. (I'll update this post so keep an eye on this).

Download the script (remove.sh.zip) from this post and unzip it. Copy the script (remove.sh) into /tmp directory on the device (WQI also has graphical way of sending files if you don't know how to do it with novacom).

Then from novacom terminal execute following command:
    sh /tmp/remove.sh

If it says SUCCESS then it should have removed all the remains of the patch package and you should be able to install a new version with WQI. But before installing restart at least the Luna (execute 'pkill LunaSysMgr' from novacom) or the phone to see that the patch has actually been removed. But if it says FAILURE then something has messed up with the files and the patch does not unapply cleanly.

Hopefully it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sconix; 02/06/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    You don't have any command in front of so it tries to execute it and hence no permissions. My bad, should have said that: ls <the path here)
    so it tries to list the file. But since it does not say that file not found it means that the file exists. I will post instructions for trying the manual uninstall in few minutes minutes. (I'll update this post so keep an eye on this).
    Your right, with the "ls" in front, it finds it. It's a success, uninstalled. Restarted. And going to install the new versions. Seriously, Thanks for taking the time to help me out. It was completely my fault, so I appreciate it.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/06/2010 at 06:06 PM.
  19.    #159  
    Your right, with the "ls" in front, it finds it. It's a success, uninstalled. Restarted. And going to install the new versions. Seriously, Thanks for taking the time to help me out. It was completely my fault, so I appreciate it.
    No problems, happy to help and glad it worked.
    Installed the new versions. It remembered all settings and triggers, it now switches on command. Very Nice!!!