32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 78 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I have sconix's QL patch installed, and it works fine with the named pages patch (also one of my faves). If I recall I had to do some uninstall/reinstalls to do the patch installs in a certain order, but it works OK for me. The only thing I couldn't get to install is wrap pages, but I don't think I've ever been able to get that one to install.
    you must have the hide ql in the launcher patch -- this one does work with the named pages -- the hide all the time patch does not because both it and the named pages add the add / delete launcher page functionality so they conflict
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    A quick question, is it possible to have Mode Switch kick off the email app in a specific inbox?
    not for a specific account i don't believe --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Sconix,

I am having a default mode re-tart each time I run Preware. I think this is more an issue with Preware, but thougt you may want to chat with the WebOS Internals guys.

BLiip
  4.    #1544  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Sconix,

I am having a default mode re-tart each time I run Preware. I think this is more an issue with Preware, but thougt you may want to chat with the WebOS Internals guys.

BLiip
    The reason for restart is that your device is running out of memory. Anyway I am changing the startup procedure for MS so that you don't notice even if it restarts.
  5.    #1545  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    you must have the hide ql in the launcher patch -- this one does work with the named pages -- the hide all the time patch does not because both it and the named pages add the add / delete launcher page functionality so they conflict
    I might release a new version tomorrow with support for naming the pages. It only depends whether I am able to implement in a way I want it to be, I just don't want to copy the already existing patch I want to make it better
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I might release a new version tomorrow with support for naming the pages. It only depends whether I am able to implement in a way I want it to be, I just don't want to copy the already existing patch I want to make it better
    i love the patch as is -- if you add the named pages then bonus if not i think it is great -- thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    For some reason that I noticed with the 0.9.22 is that when I'm in my lunchbreak mode and that mode ends the mode I had before is not starting back up. So lets say
    Work 7 - 4pm
    lunch 12pm-1pm
    Work mode is not starting back up instead when my lunch is over it goes back to default.

Before the update it used to go back to the last mode.
  8.    #1548  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    For some reason that I noticed with the 0.9.22 is that when I'm in my lunchbreak mode and that mode ends the mode I had before is not starting back up. So lets say
    Work 7 - 4pm
    lunch 12pm-1pm
    Work mode is not starting back up instead when my lunch is over it goes back to default.

Before the update it used to go back to the last mode.
    There actually was some bug some time ago that caused other that default mode to be activated in some cases. So might have been that bug, but the new mode logic is coming that will allow the getting back to previous mode and lost of other stuff. So currently the correct behavior is that when ever mode is closed it starts default mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There actually was some bug some time ago that caused other that default mode to be activated in some cases. So might have been that bug, but the new mode logic is coming that will allow the getting back to previous mode and lost of other stuff. So currently the correct behavior is that when ever mode is closed it starts default mode.
    Oh I kind of liked it the old/bug way.

So in my case I will have to make:
    Work
    Lunch
    Work Modes

In order for it to go back to my last mode.
  10.    #1550  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Oh I kind of liked it the old/bug way.

So in my case I will have to make:
    Work
    Lunch
    Work Modes

In order for it to go back to my last mode.
    Should not worry too much since the change for the logic will come during this month anyway so not so long.
    Do you think it will save some battery if the upcoming "screenstate trigger" will be turn on EV-DO mode off when the screen is off, and vice verse? or it will take a lot of battery to register in the network?
    A screen state trigger would be super fantastic. I could toggle gps on/off to save battery and "wake" my sometimes dumb gps!

This app just keeps getting better. My only concern is it end up with TOO MANY features and become hard to troubleshoot. So far its been fabulous though. Thanks Sconix!!!
    On the topic of mode blocking from a few pages ago:

Instead of changing the block system as it is currently, leave that alone.

Idea: it is already possible to re-order the custom mode list. What if that order also set 'mode priority'? i.e. Modes higher on the list take precedence over modes lower, and only a mode with 'block other' set would interrupt this priority.

maybe this would be easier to implement?
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Idea: it is already possible to re-order the custom mode list. What if that order also set 'mode priority'? i.e. Modes higher on the list take precedence over modes lower, and only a mode with 'block other' set would interrupt this priority.

A different approach...not a bad idea.
    What ever the new way becomes or is implemented, it will be an improvement over the current way.

Keep up the great work Sconix.
  15.    #1555  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    A screen state trigger would be super fantastic. I could toggle gps on/off to save battery and "wake" my sometimes dumb gps!

This app just keeps getting better. My only concern is it end up with TOO MANY features and become hard to troubleshoot. So far its been fabulous though. Thanks Sconix!!!
    Don't worry the new code base cannot get too complicated every trigger and setting group etc. is a separate plugin and will work through common API and the core stuff currently is dead simple. There are still couple complex code bits (hacks) but when WebOS gets better even those should go away and the app will get even more simpler.
  16.    #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Actually the order already has an effect when multiple modes are set to activate at the same time. And the blocking system is not going away. My current thought is that the new system would be something like this:

Two types of modes (simple config option to set which it is). Normal (like the current modes) and then modifier modes (e.g. battery saving, etc.). The modifier modes won't change the mode name in the top left corner only the appearance so you would know that some modifier mode is on (the menu would show what). And these modifier modes would carry on as long as they are valid so you could change the normal mode to what ever you wish and the setting from modifier mode would stay on. Then the blocking option would have new options like block modifier modes, block all modes, block normal modes.

Then the actual mode changing logic will be that the previous mode is activated when mode closes automatically. When closed manually it would revert to default mode since manually you could set to switch to some other mode if you prefer.

So something like that is the current idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    A quick question, is it possible to have Mode Switch kick off the email app in a specific inbox?
    another example of why I think macros would be much preferred to launch parameters. To my knowledge there is no app for macros, and I can't imagine much use for one outside of MS.

believe me, I'm not complaining. MS is amazing as it is. But if you get bored after completing everything on your to-do list, think about implementing macros if possible.
    Any chances of adding the ability to set Govnah settings or Profiles with each mode?
  19.    #1559  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Any chances of adding the ability to set Govnah settings or Profiles with each mode?
    Yes support for Govnah is coming quite soon.
  20.    #1560  
    I'll add an updated version of my app launcher patch into my feed within next 12 hours. Now in addition to quick launch hiding configuration it allows showing/setting the names for the pages (like the named pages patch). This is completely configurable so just select show or hide names from edit pages submenu.

To rename the page just hold gesture and double tap the page name. To move application using named pages just orange + tap (or gesture + tap if you have that patch installed) to application and select move.

Anybody have a good name for this patch? Don't think that the current or old one is well suited anymore.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/15/2010 at 08:39 PM.