19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 77 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3326
  1.    #1521  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Sconix,

Just an update regarding the weird bluetooth problem I was having.
    I was experimenting with different settings again and this is what I came up with.

I have a Work, Home, Driving, & Quiet modes.
    All modes except Quiet are switched manually and have the bluetooth on. The Quiet mode has a time trigger and is set to turn off the bluetooth.

Quiet mode is the only one that is set to block other modes from firing even though there are no triggers applied to the other modes. I had it set for further testing.

So by manually switching or allowing the Quiet mode time trigger to start and stop the mode, NO bluetooth problems.

If I add any other type of trigger to the Quiet mode, bam, bluetooth problems when going into and out of the Quiet mode.

Hope that helps a bit. I have been able to repeat the problem when I remove all modes, set them up again.

It seems that having timed triggers are not/were not affecting the bluetooth by itself, rather when working with other triggers there is some weird thing happening that affects the bluetooth.

Also, a secondary problem I have noticed over the past few nights is that for some reason (don't know why yet), if I manually activate Quiet mode at any time before 10pm, once 10pm hits, my Quiet mode automatically stops and MS goes into default mode. The time trigger on my Quiet mode is 11pm to 5am. All of the same settings as mentioned above are what my MS is configured with.
    I have to say that I cannot see how the triggers or anything in MS could effect the bluetooth problem you see, but I will test the setup and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Then about the second problem. Do you have a 10pm time trigger in any of your modes or have you had one previously for example?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I cant seem to find this anywhere....where might it be please?
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thanks O'Mighty Osiris!
    must open preware...............
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have to say that I cannot see how the triggers or anything in MS could effect the bluetooth problem you see, but I will test the setup and see if I can reproduce the problem.
    I am not sure either. I may end up doctoring my phone anyway. It think it could use a refresh anyway. I'll give MS another look after that to see if it returns.

Then about the second problem. Do you have a 10pm time trigger in any of your modes or have you had one previously for example?
    Nope. The settings I had in previous posts were all deleted and I started over and configured MS with the setting mentioned in my most recent post.

I really don't know what the deal is with the bluetooth. Others have said to restart the phone. That didn't make a difference on whether or not the issue came back right away, rather it got the hanging of the bluetooth to clear up.

Thanks for following up with me.

I am going to keep trying some tests of different configurations to see what I can come up with.

I have not yet come up with the way I want MS to be configured for use day in and out. I am still messing with how it works and interacts with how I have it configured.

I am sure I'll have a post or two soon asking how others setup certain scenarios.

Thanks again for your help.
  6.    #1526  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I am not sure either. I may end up doctoring my phone anyway. It think it could use a refresh anyway. I'll give MS another look after that to see if it returns.

Nope. The settings I had in previous posts were all deleted and I started over and configured MS with the setting mentioned in my most recent post.

I really don't know what the deal is with the bluetooth. Others have said to restart the phone. That didn't make a difference on whether or not the issue came back right away, rather it got the hanging of the bluetooth to clear up.

Thanks for following up with me.

I am going to keep trying some tests of different configurations to see what I can come up with.

I have not yet come up with the way I want MS to be configured for use day in and out. I am still messing with how it works and interacts with how I have it configured.

I am sure I'll have a post or two soon asking how others setup certain scenarios.

Thanks again for your help.
    Well of course it is possible that there is some stupid bug in MS and I will be testing those scenarios you mentioned, but I am now doing the new version of today menu patch and have not touched MS for couple days. Will get back to MS on Sunday / beginning of next week.

The current mode logic is a bit simple and it does not allow yet very many possible ways, but I will add the new much more flexible logic code during this month so it will give you and others lots of new ways to use MS.
    Well of course it is possible that there is some stupid bug in MS and I will be testing those scenarios you mentioned, but I am now doing the new version of today menu patch and have not touched MS for couple days. Will get back to MS on Sunday / beginning of next week.

The current mode logic is a bit simple and it does not allow yet very many possible ways, but I will add the new much more flexible logic code during this month so it will give you and others lots of new ways to use MS.
    I have been following your improvements and what you have planned. I am looking forward to the enhancements, which is a minor reason I have not been steadfast on setting up MS for day to day because I know you have some new logic and features coming.

Keep up the great work. Again, if you need help testing some of the roaming stuff, let me know. I venture into roaming areas when visiting family quite often.

Regards!
    [QUOTE=sconix;2152052]
    The mode can be activated manually or to be set to activate automatically on trigger events. Supported trigger events are:

- Placing phone on touchstone charger
    - Connecting phone on usb or wall charger
    - Certain time on certain days (weekdays, weekends, every day)
    - Based on location, if GPS is enabled
    - Battery level

When the trigger events occure a popup launcher is displayed with start, mode selection and cancel buttons. If mode is configured to start automatically there is a timer on start action and if no then on cancel action. If opposite trigger happens (phone removed from charger etc.) the popup contains close action instead of the start action.

Application makes it possible to create launchpoints into app launcher for manual activation / deactivation of modes. Mode can change the wallpaper so you know which mode is on. In addition there is a patch for the top bar which adds a menu for manual activation and showing list of modes and their states and the name of current mode in place of carrier text (the patch will be optional, all the features work also without the patch, but it makes it much simpler to see mode state / switch modes).

To make it more clearer for what this can be used for. For example you can create a Night Mode which will be automatically activate when you place the phone into touchstone charge for example between 22:00-04:00. The mode could for example hold settings for disabling GPS, setting IM mode to offline, setting silent mode on and starting timepiece application. Or you could create car mode which would be activated between 09:00-22:00 when placed on touchstone either automatically or only manually. The car mode could set GPS and Bluetooth on and start music and map applications. The apps can be set to be closed when deactivating the mode if they weren't already open.

Currently I am trying to finish all the features and make sure that everything works.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT WORK!!! SO FAR I THINK THIS IS VERY REVOLUTIONARY SOFTWARE AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AMONG THE TOP-PRIZE WINNERS FOR WEB OS SOFTWARE WITH THE OVERCKLOCKING GUYS! --- SO THE QUESTION - IS IT THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE IF YOU COULD ADD SCREEN -STATE ACTIVATION TRIGGER? THE POINT IS IN ORDER TO SAVE BATTERY - DATA 2G/3G CAN BE OFF WHILE THE SCREEN IS OFF AND WHEN IT's ON - THEN I CAN USE INTERNET AMD RECEIVE EMAILS, MMS ETC... MAYBE IT WILL TAKE TIME TO CREATE THIS TRIGGER BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT WORK !!! ROCK ON!!!
  9.    #1529  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT WORK!!! SO FAR I THINK THIS IS VERY REVOLUTIONARY SOFTWARE AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AMONG THE TOP-PRIZE WINNERS FOR WEB OS SOFTWARE WITH THE OVERCKLOCKING GUYS! --- SO THE QUESTION - IS IT THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE IF YOU COULD ADD SCREEN -STATE ACTIVATION TRIGGER? THE POINT IS IN ORDER TO SAVE BATTERY - DATA 2G/3G CAN BE OFF WHILE THE SCREEN IS OFF AND WHEN IT's ON - THEN I CAN USE INTERNET AMD RECEIVE EMAILS, MMS ETC... MAYBE IT WILL TAKE TIME TO CREATE THIS TRIGGER BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT WORK !!! ROCK ON!!!
    I would say it is possible and it would take maybe half an hour to implement. It is just that it would take the time away form the more important stuff, but I can add it at some point.
    I would say it is possible and it would take maybe half an hour to implement. It is just that it would take the time away form the more important stuff, but I can add it at some point.
    Thank you Sconix ! Will donate ! Everyone lets support this nice work ! Donate everyone !
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    For those that wanted the ability to hide QL completely there is now new version available of my patch that is compatible with system menus patch in my feed. I changed the name of the patch to: Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options. It is now possible to set the quick launch bar to be hidden all the time OR just in the launcher. I will do bit more tests tonight and will submit it then for Preware feeds. Not sure how long that takes so if someone wants to already test the patch it is available from my feed.

Please note that the id of the patch will change (also the name might change) when it hits WebOS internals feed so you need to then uninstall the patch installed from my feed and install it again from WebOS internals feed when it comes available. The patch is available from my feed until it hits the WebOS internals feed.
    I am excited about this! I have been waiting patiently for this to come. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it installed. I have deleted any patches that might remotely conflict including anything that impacts the launcher or top bar. No Go.

I went into WEBOSQI and added your feed. But I cant find the patch. I'm sure I am missing something.

Any thoughts anyone??

Thanks,

McKay
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    I am excited about this! I have been waiting patiently for this to come. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it installed. I have deleted any patches that might remotely conflict including anything that impacts the launcher or top bar. No Go.

I went into WEBOSQI and added your feed. But I cant find the patch. I'm sure I am missing something.

Any thoughts anyone??

Thanks,

McKay
    Gotta love it when you can answer your own question!

I got desparate and ran EPR. The patch then installed quite easily. I am not quite sure what the conflict was. Maybe it was something left over from multiple patch install and uninstalls???

The only thing I miss is the wrap pages patch. I'll live!

I LOVE Mode Switcher.

Sconix - thanks for fixing this patch so we can hide the quick launch. I love my Pre even more!

Another donation headed your way!

Thanks,

McKay
    Can't install, and not quite ready to run EPR, hoping someone might offer some insight after seeing my log. Tried installing "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" alone, as well, also failed.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 34410 100 34410 0 0 29812 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 85597
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot (1.4.1-12) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot (1.4.1-12) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I was glad to see Orsapps' post on this--at first I missed the one where he initially reported this but I get the same behavior plus some other weirdness. Here are the symptoms, which went away when I inactivated MS. They might not all be related, but the fact that a) they all generally relate to audio modes and b) they all went away when I switched off MS makes me think that they are:

1. Bluetooth often didn't work--on the System menu it continually said "turning Bluetooth on"
    2. When it did work, I was able to use Bluetooth fine--but if I hit the "Audio" button while the Bluetooth device was connected, instead of the normal options Normal, Speaker, and Bluetooth, I saw Wired Headset, Speaker, and Bluetooth. I never tried switching to Wired Headset to see if that worked.
    3. When it did not work or I didn't have a Bluetooth device connected, I was not able to use the phone via the handset--I had to switch it to Speaker.

As you can imagine, this behavior (especially #3) was annoying enough that, rather than doing any troubleshooting to determine what's going on, I just inactivated MS. However, I can tell you what modes I have set up:

• Default: On Startup - Default Mode; Applications - Everytime; BT Enabled
    • Car: Start and Close - By Selection; BT Enabled; Applications = Google Maps, Music (Remix)
    • Meeting: Start and Close - By Selection; BT Disabled
    • Touchstone (work): Start and Close - Immediate; BT Enabled; Application = Clock; Triggers = All Unique/Touchstone + time trigger
    • Touchstone (home): Start and Close - Immediate; BT Disabled; Application = Clock; Triggers = All Unique/Touchstone + time trigger

The only triggered modes I have are the Touchstone ones, and I don't think those have anything to do with it since I got the weirdness over the last few days and I wasn't using the Touchstones at all in that time.

I hope this helps!
  15.    #1535  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I was glad to see Orsapps' post on this--at first I missed the one where he initially reported this but I get the same behavior plus some other weirdness. Here are the symptoms, which went away when I inactivated MS. They might not all be related, but the fact that a) they all generally relate to audio modes and b) they all went away when I switched off MS makes me think that they are:

1. Bluetooth often didn't work--on the System menu it continually said "turning Bluetooth on"
    2. When it did work, I was able to use Bluetooth fine--but if I hit the "Audio" button while the Bluetooth device was connected, instead of the normal options Normal, Speaker, and Bluetooth, I saw Wired Headset, Speaker, and Bluetooth. I never tried switching to Wired Headset to see if that worked.
    3. When it did not work or I didn't have a Bluetooth device connected, I was not able to use the phone via the handset--I had to switch it to Speaker.

As you can imagine, this behavior (especially #3) was annoying enough that, rather than doing any troubleshooting to determine what's going on, I just inactivated MS. However, I can tell you what modes I have set up:

• Default: On Startup - Default Mode; Applications - Everytime; BT Enabled
    • Car: Start and Close - By Selection; BT Enabled; Applications = Google Maps, Music (Remix)
    • Meeting: Start and Close - By Selection; BT Disabled
    • Touchstone (work): Start and Close - Immediate; BT Enabled; Application = Clock; Triggers = All Unique/Touchstone + time trigger
    • Touchstone (home): Start and Close - Immediate; BT Disabled; Application = Clock; Triggers = All Unique/Touchstone + time trigger

The only triggered modes I have are the Touchstone ones, and I don't think those have anything to do with it since I got the weirdness over the last few days and I wasn't using the Touchstones at all in that time.

I hope this helps!
    I will test the bluetooth thing during the weekend and lets see if I can get the same behavior. Currently it just feels like some weird WebOS bug since the bluetooth thing in MS is just a simple system request so not that much that MS could mess up, but will definitely check this. And thanks for the exact info so I have more to test.
  16.    #1536  
    Quote Originally Posted by nafdrynyks View Post
    Can't install, and not quite ready to run EPR, hoping someone might offer some insight after seeing my log. Tried installing "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" alone, as well, also failed.
    The patch will conflict with start Brightness Unlinked on luna boot. As far as I know no other patch will modify that file. If you need both then search for workaround from this thread. If you don't have that patch installed and you have had it before or the start MS patch then they haven't been uninstalled properly and it is safe to replace that file or just fix that one line to be in original shape. The patch only edits one line from that file.
  17.    #1537  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Gotta love it when you can answer your own question!

I got desparate and ran EPR. The patch then installed quite easily. I am not quite sure what the conflict was. Maybe it was something left over from multiple patch install and uninstalls???

The only thing I miss is the wrap pages patch. I'll live!

I LOVE Mode Switcher.

Sconix - thanks for fixing this patch so we can hide the quick launch. I love my Pre even more!

Another donation headed your way!

Thanks,

McKay
    I am actually thinking of including the wrapping of pages into my patch and also thinking of adding the named pages thing. Not sure about neither currently, but if I will add they most likely are configurable.
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    :-( sad... I'm not quite ready to lose my named pages, nor my hidden launcher bar. I guess I'll wait and see if somebody finds the time or the way to make this all play nicely together...
    I have sconix's QL patch installed, and it works fine with the named pages patch (also one of my faves). If I recall I had to do some uninstall/reinstalls to do the patch installs in a certain order, but it works OK for me. The only thing I couldn't get to install is wrap pages, but I don't think I've ever been able to get that one to install.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    A quick question, is it possible to have Mode Switch kick off the email app in a specific inbox?
    TTFN
    thanks for your work sconix, mode switcher is the next level for webos devices.