19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 76 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3326
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you mean that it should go to home mode instead of default mode then this is the thing that the new mode activation logic will fix, but currently the default mode is always activated when mode is closed and therefore it takes some time for it to go back to the home mode. After I release the wifi trigger I think I will finish the new mode logic.

Actually when I think of it, for me too the luna crash has happened usually when I have used Preware. Don't believe that its Preware's fault, but maybe it does something that provokes the bug in Luna.
    Great...exactly what I wanted to say.

I have also noticed it takes a while for modes to become active if it's triggered by GPS location, sometimes as much as 30 mins or more.
  2.    #1502  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Great...exactly what I wanted to say.

I have also noticed it takes a while for modes to become active if it's triggered by GPS location, sometimes as much as 30 mins or more.
    Yes the GPS trigger is a bit rough from the edges and it gives up quite easily and then waits a while before trying again. Thats why it needs a bit more work when I have time for it. When my holiday starts on next month I think GPS trigger will be the first thing that I will do. During this month I want to fix all the "core" stuff so I get the 1.0.0 release out.
  3.    #1503  
    For those that wanted the ability to hide QL completely there is now new version available of my patch that is compatible with system menus patch in my feed. I changed the name of the patch to: Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options. It is now possible to set the quick launch bar to be hidden all the time OR just in the launcher. I will do bit more tests tonight and will submit it then for Preware feeds. Not sure how long that takes so if someone wants to already test the patch it is available from my feed.

Please note that the id of the patch will change (also the name might change) when it hits WebOS internals feed so you need to then uninstall the patch installed from my feed and install it again from WebOS internals feed when it comes available. The patch is available from my feed until it hits the WebOS internals feed.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/12/2010 at 08:12 AM.
    For those that wanted the ability to hide QL completely there is now new version available of my patch that is compatible with system menus patch in my feed. I changed the name of the patch to: Add Edit Launcher Pages and Quick Launch Options. It is now possible to set the quick launch bar to be hidden all the time OR just in the launcher. I will do bit more tests tonight and will submit it then for Preware feeds. Not sure how long that takes so if someone wants to already test the patch it is available from my feed.

Please note that the id of the patch will change (also the name might change) when it hits WebOS internals feed so you need to then uninstall the patch installed from my feed and install it again from WebOS internals feed when it comes available. The patch is available from my feed until it hits the WebOS internals feed.
    What patches is this incompatible with? I tried deleting "Advanced options in Launcher" "Enable add-delete pages" and "hide quick launch bar in launcher only" and this patch would still not install. What other patches might create an incompatibility?
    Laissez Faire
  5.    #1505  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    What patches is this incompatible with? I tried deleting "Advanced options in Launcher" "Enable add-delete pages" and "hide quick launch bar in launcher only" and this patch would still not install. What other patches might create an incompatibility?
    Well the add/delete pages and hide quick launch patches are obvious since this has that functionality. Then I am not aware others than tabs for launcher pages and maybe the header for launcher pages also. At least it should limit to app launcher / top bar (although only couple lines was modified for top bar) patches that can conflict. Please report back if you find out what is conflicting.
    I am also unable to install. If you removed all functionallity not related to hiding the quick launch bar would that make it more compatible? I've tried removing all launcher patches, but it still doesn't install.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    101 6770 101 6770 0 0 6983 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14944
    Install
    Begin installation of org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options
    Installing org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Installing org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Configuring org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options.postinst)
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options.postinst 2>&1
    3 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Well the add/delete pages and hide quick launch patches are obvious since this has that functionality. Then I am not aware others than tabs for launcher pages and maybe the header for launcher pages also. At least it should limit to app launcher / top bar (although only couple lines was modified for top bar) patches that can conflict. Please report back if you find out what is conflicting.
    Not willing to give up the tabs for launcher patch. That is hard one to install and I am afraid to remove it, since I find it a great patch.
    Laissez Faire
  8.    #1508  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I am also unable to install. If you removed all functionallity not related to hiding the quick launch bar would that make it more compatible? I've tried removing all launcher patches, but it still doesn't install.
    No I did not remove anything only added. But that file that is conflicting should have stayed around the same than with the old patch though. Maybe I need to get back to try to figure out why I cant get the emulator to work so I could test which patches conflict.
  9.    #1509  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Not willing to give up the tabs for launcher patch. That is hard one to install and I am afraid to remove it, since I find it a great patch.
    I did not say it will conflict just that it might. It should not but it is possible since both modifies the same file. If it conflicts then let me know so I can try to alter the patch so that it does not. I just have not been able to get the emulator working so that I could install patches and test if it conflicts with patch x or not.
    I can't get the emulator to install patches either. It installs LSDiff and GNU Patch but I don't think they're actually being installed correctly.
  11.    #1511  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I can't get the emulator to install patches either. It installs LSDiff and GNU Patch but I don't think they're actually being installed correctly.
    Ah good to know since I have the exact same problem. I really would like to get the emulator up and running once again to speed up the development, but first have to find the reason for this problem.
    At first I thought the issue was using the armv7 versions instead of i686 but I removed the entire VBVBVB/$SDK$ $from$ $my$ $system$, $reinstalled$, $and$ $only$ $used$ $i686$ $packages$ $and$ $still$ $couldn$'$t$ $install$ $patches$. $I$ $searched$ $but$ $the$ $only$ $other$ $person$ $reporting$ $this$ $issue$ $posted$ $in$ $this$ $very$ $thready$ $and$ $no$ $one$ $had$ $a$ $clue$. :-/
  13.    #1513  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    At first I thought the issue was using the armv7 versions instead of i686 but I removed the entire VBVBVB/$SDK$ $from$ $my$ $system$, $reinstalled$, $and$ $only$ $used$ $i686$ $packages$ $and$ $still$ $couldn$'$t$ $install$ $patches$. $I$ $searched$ $but$ $the$ $only$ $other$ $person$ $reporting$ $this$ $issue$ $posted$ $in$ $this$ $very$ $thready$ $and$ $no$ $one$ $had$ $a$ $clue$. :-/
    Pretty much the same here, but the previous 1.4.0 SDK version was working just fine. I wonder if I could find it somewhere and would it still work. Although I cannot understand how that would make any difference. I don't have the latest VBVBVB $installed$ $though$, $but$ $I$ $just$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $that$ $could$ $be$ $the$ $cause$.
    Two tries with Preware failed. WOSQI worked on the first try. Hmmm... (The patch, that is.)
    i had the named launcher pages patch installed -- it allowed for the adding and deleting of launcher pages so conflicted with your new hide launcher patch -- i have gone ahead and went with your patch because i like the hidden launcher more then the named pages -- i have reluctantly went with all of your patches because before i installed yours there were many that i couldn't live with out that i have replaced with yours and am happier for it --- mode switcher is a awsome ap and one of if not the most used ap on my pre

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16.    #1516  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i had the named launcher pages patch installed -- it allowed for the adding and deleting of launcher pages so conflicted with your new hide launcher patch -- i have gone ahead and went with your patch because i like the hidden launcher more then the named pages -- i have reluctantly went with all of your patches because before i installed yours there were many that i couldn't live with out that i have replaced with yours and am happier for it --- mode switcher is a awsome ap and one of if not the most used ap on my pre

thanks
    Thanks, I would have made my patch compatible with the named pages, but that patch does anyway things that just wont work with hiding of quick launch so there is anyway need for modified version of that patch to work with hidden QL so thats why I did not do it.
    Thanks, I would have made my patch compatible with the named pages, but that patch does anyway things that just wont work with hiding of quick launch so there is anyway need for modified version of that patch to work with hidden QL so thats why I did not do it.
    :-( sad... I'm not quite ready to lose my named pages, nor my hidden launcher bar. I guess I'll wait and see if somebody finds the time or the way to make this all play nicely together...
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    :-( sad... I'm not quite ready to lose my named pages, nor my hidden launcher bar. I guess I'll wait and see if somebody finds the time or the way to make this all play nicely together...
    +1
    Instead of the named pages patch I started using the tabed pages and that works with this launcher patch
    Sconix,

Just an update regarding the weird bluetooth problem I was having.
    I was experimenting with different settings again and this is what I came up with.

I have a Work, Home, Driving, & Quiet modes.
    All modes except Quiet are switched manually and have the bluetooth on. The Quiet mode has a time trigger and is set to turn off the bluetooth.

Quiet mode is the only one that is set to block other modes from firing even though there are no triggers applied to the other modes. I had it set for further testing.

So by manually switching or allowing the Quiet mode time trigger to start and stop the mode, NO bluetooth problems.

If I add any other type of trigger to the Quiet mode, bam, bluetooth problems when going into and out of the Quiet mode.

Hope that helps a bit. I have been able to repeat the problem when I remove all modes, set them up again.

It seems that having timed triggers are not/were not affecting the bluetooth by itself, rather when working with other triggers there is some weird thing happening that affects the bluetooth.

Also, a secondary problem I have noticed over the past few nights is that for some reason (don't know why yet), if I manually activate Quiet mode at any time before 10pm, once 10pm hits, my Quiet mode automatically stops and MS goes into default mode. The time trigger on my Quiet mode is 11pm to 5am. All of the same settings as mentioned above are what my MS is configured with.