• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 74 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3326
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    What a fantastic application. I can't seem to get GPS triggering right though. I've set up a "home" mode to set network to 2G, enable wi-fi and turn off bluetooth as I have terrible 3G coverage at home. And "out and about" mode to set network to auto, turn off wi-fi and turn on BT. If I have No blocking for GPS triggering, it keeps switching between "Home" and "Default". Then to trigger "Out and about", I've set GPS triggers about quarter of a mile down the exit roads from my house. Sometimes they trigger sometimes they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    What a fantastic application. I can't seem to get GPS triggering right though. I've set up a "home" mode to set network to 2G, enable wi-fi and turn off bluetooth as I have terrible 3G coverage at home. And "out and about" mode to set network to auto, turn off wi-fi and turn on BT. If I have No blocking for GPS triggering, it keeps switching between "Home" and "Default". Then to trigger "Out and about", I've set GPS triggers about quarter of a mile down the exit roads from my house. Sometimes they trigger sometimes they don't.
    i have the same issues -- as i understand it what happens if your gps returns a false reading the mode will switch to the next available or default if that is the next available i believe that sconix is going to be working on this at a later date
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3.    #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    One thing I would be looking forward to is if we could, like asked before, use a particular wifi network as a specific trigger....?
    Yes wifi trigger should be coming in next week or week after that. First I have to alter the startup procedure so that MS is not annoying when memory runs low.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have the same issues -- as i understand it what happens if your gps returns a false reading the mode will switch to the next available or default if that is the next available i believe that sconix is going to be working on this at a later date
    Cheers. I may just remove all GPS triggers until there is an improvement and just switch modes manually. May save my battery a bit too.
    Last edited by Jimbode; 05/09/2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: a little extra text
    I love mode switcher, donation coming your way!

In case no-one has asked already, is there a way for ModeSwitcher to trigger changes of Govnah's kernel speed changes. That would be amazing way to have more computing speed at certain times and slow down the processor and energy use even more at others!
  6.    #1466  
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    I love mode switcher, donation coming your way!

In case no-one has asked already, is there a way for ModeSwitcher to trigger changes of Govnah's kernel speed changes. That would be amazing way to have more computing speed at certain times and slow down the processor and energy use even more at others!
    Thanks, donations are highly appreciated since the app has taken quite lot of time from me and will continue to do so. For example support for Covnah is coming in near future . Actually we start working on it most likely during this week...
    Still very impressed! Thanks! What's "Covnah," if you don't mind me asking?
    Great tool - this is really something I've been wanting, but does it way better than I imagined. Couple of points. For GPS triggers, how about allowing us to set a polling interval? If I set a GPS trigger my battery drain increases by about 2%/hour, so anything that could reduce that would be good. For me, it doesn't matter if the mode doesn't switch immediately.
    I've also got a problem with the Mode Menu patch - it displays the current mode, and lists the available modes in the drop-down, but doesn't allow me to change mode, which it looks like it should?
    I'm looking forward to WiFi triggers - this may actually be more useful than GPS in many cases.
    Donation coming your way!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Still very impressed! Thanks! What's "Covnah," if you don't mind me asking?
    Govnah is an app that controls overclocking kernels. Having mode switcher control this would be awesome!
    Govnah updated this morning to allow for profiles. I suspect this is in anticipation of working with Mode Switcher! We may be able to use an application start up parameter now.
  11.    #1471  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    Great tool - this is really something I've been wanting, but does it way better than I imagined. Couple of points. For GPS triggers, how about allowing us to set a polling interval? If I set a GPS trigger my battery drain increases by about 2%/hour, so anything that could reduce that would be good. For me, it doesn't matter if the mode doesn't switch immediately.
    I've also got a problem with the Mode Menu patch - it displays the current mode, and lists the available modes in the drop-down, but doesn't allow me to change mode, which it looks like it should?
    I'm looking forward to WiFi triggers - this may actually be more useful than GPS in many cases.
    Donation coming your way!
    Well for the GPS trigger it does not just poll stupidly between certain interval. It calculates the time for next poll by how far are you from the closest target etc. The GPS trigger is not ready yet it is not fully optimized etc. It needs work and it is just waiting for me to have couple free coding days to make it better.

Some time ago there was a someone with the problem that the mode menu did not allow the selection of the mode, but it went away. I don't know what could cause it since there should not be any reason for normal widget to fail like that. The mode name is normal drawer widget that should open when you click the mode name. You could try re-installation of the patch etc. There also should be coming new version of the patch during this month that you can try if it helps.

And the WiFi trigger might replace GPS trigger for many and is less power consuming so I want that ready before making the GPS trigger better.

And thanks for the donation!
  12.    #1472  
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Govnah is an app that controls overclocking kernels. Having mode switcher control this would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Govnah updated this morning to allow for profiles. I suspect this is in anticipation of working with Mode Switcher! We may be able to use an application start up parameter now.
    Yes all this will enable Govnah controlling from MS. There is still support for govnah progfile list missing that might be added during this week. Then I should be able to start add the code to MS during next week. So the support for Govnah is definitely coming
    Looking forward to the wifi triggers and controlling of the Govnah settings.
    Donation sent!

Best Regards!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I can not, for the life of me, get this thing to work with the touchstone trigger. I get it in the upper left menu and can pick a mode just fine but the triggers don't seem to work.

EDIT:

Of course the second I finally post looking for help I seem to get it working. Having 2 triggers, touchstone + time, seems to work fine now. Weird. I'll experiment more and see if I can cause the issue again.
    Sconix,

I was wondering if it might be possible someday to have a way to view all the modes and their settings like an overview of sorts.

Would make it easier to see what is set under other modes while setting up new ones or to have as a reference if you have to setup everything again.

Would also make it easy for people to post their configurations to forums for help or critique on their settings by knowing exactly what they have configured rather than them trying to type it all out correctly.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for the great app and patches!
  16.    #1476  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Sconix,

I was wondering if it might be possible someday to have a way to view all the modes and their settings like an overview of sorts.

Would make it easier to see what is set under other modes while setting up new ones or to have as a reference if you have to setup everything again.

Would also make it easy for people to post their configurations to forums for help or critique on their settings by knowing exactly what they have configured rather than them trying to type it all out correctly.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for the great app and patches!
    At least two things that I am considering just not sure how I implement them. 1) overview of the modes from where you can see how the modes will activate and what they do. 2) a way to email or store the configuration, which I am currently thinking that the save/restore app might be the best option so it would also work as a configuration backup.
    At least two things that I am considering just not sure how I implement them. 1) overview of the modes from where you can see how the modes will activate and what they do. 2) a way to email or store the configuration, which I am currently thinking that the save/restore app might be the best option so it would also work as a configuration backup.
    Yes, the Save/Restore app would be a great option for backup/recovery of settings.

There are a few apps out there that from what I gather display a scene that pulls the data from the app db and just displays it. That would be good enough for what I am looking for.

Since I played a round of golf over the weekend and is fresh in my mind, the GolfPinFinder app does this with viewing a previous round's scorecard. Your able to email that as well.

That might be one way to give an overview of the modes and settings.
  18.    #1478  
    It seems that luna.conf (the file that also includes the starting of MS on luna start) has a configuration option to set the apps that are allowed on low memory. So I don't know should I just add MS there into the start on luna boot patch or alter the app so that configurations are not reloaded on startup since it is not necessary needed.
    I think it would be safer to not reload on startup. I'm always afraid that reloading at startup could possibly cause some unforseen reloading loops.

Also, you think you could remove the "switch to this mode" by each mode on the upper left menu and just have the mode be toggled on/off by just touching the mode directly? This would speed things up and simplify things in my opinion.
    I tested out putting MS in the 'allow low memory' line of luna.conf and my phone wouldn't stop rebooting. :-/