32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    New release (0.9.22). Couple bug fixes + new battery level trigger.

See for more info:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

EDIT: Out now...
    Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but how does the battery trigger work? Why have a "high limit?" Suppose all I want to do is turn off all radios if my battery gets below a certain percentage? How would I set up the trigger? Thanks for all your hard work.
  2.    #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but how does the battery trigger work? Why have a "high limit?" Suppose all I want to do is turn off all radios if my battery gets below a certain percentage? How would I set up the trigger? Thanks for all your hard work.
    You might want to make a mode thats on when you have good battery life then you would set it to 100-20%. If you want a mode thats on when battery life is bad then you set it to 20%-0%. The config UI is not the best I know, but that was fast to implement. And who knows if someone wants to do a mode thats on between 50%-20% like a semi battery saver mode so therefore there are two limits.
    I've been experiencing a number of spurious re-launches of Default Mode, too. So far, it's only happened while I'm playing iCopter, which includes a lot of space bar pressing and holding (if that could possibly matter). I haven't been playing it much, but it's happened about 3 times, I'd say. I usually don't have anything else running at the time. I've only been using MS for a few days; likewise iCopter. If there's something I can be doing to help debug, let me know.

Regards,
    Tom
    Thanks. Exactly the answer I needed.
  5.    #1445  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I've been experiencing a number of spurious re-launches of Default Mode, too. So far, it's only happened while I'm playing iCopter, which includes a lot of space bar pressing and holding (if that could possibly matter). I haven't been playing it much, but it's happened about 3 times, I'd say. I usually don't have anything else running at the time. I've only been using MS for a few days; likewise iCopter. If there's something I can be doing to help debug, let me know.

Regards,
    Tom
    Theres nothing that MS can do about this it is because your phone running out of memory. WebOS restarts MS (and most likely other background apps) as a counter measure. I will try to add a code that can detect when it is restart and when phone is actually booting so the mode would be only reloaded in the latter case. I also have to study WebOS more. There might be a way to say to WebOS that MS is a important app which should not be restated/closed when memory is running down.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have two modes that include a GPS trigger (work mode and night mode). When I'm in work mode, which only has a GPS trigger, I see frequent (couple of times per hour) changes between the custom mode and default. I noticed at least two mode changes from night mode to default last night but I don't generally monitor the phone when its in that mode as closely as I do work mode.

Previously I thought this was caused by the bug that caused a mode change when the GPS signal was lost but according to the status page, that bug was fixed in 0.9.20. Any ideas what's causing this behavior? It also happens right after restart so I don't think memory is the problem.
  7.    #1447  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I have two modes that include a GPS trigger (work mode and night mode). When I'm in work mode, which only has a GPS trigger, I see frequent (couple of times per hour) changes between the custom mode and default. I noticed at least two mode changes from night mode to default last night but I don't generally monitor the phone when its in that mode as closely as I do work mode.

Previously I thought this was caused by the bug that caused a mode change when the GPS signal was lost but according to the status page, that bug was fixed in 0.9.20. Any ideas what's causing this behavior? It also happens right after restart so I don't think memory is the problem.
    There still is a possibility for the GPS trigger to "fail" since it now only needs one bad readout (these are possible) and the mode is closed. I need to study the GPS stuff provided by WebOS more to tweak the GPS trigger (for instance there seems to be some accuracy information in the returned data that I am not using yet etc.). Thats why on the near future todo list there still is the tweak GPS trigger thing. The GPS trigger testing / developing is a bit more slower than all the other stuff so it is waiting for me to have a bit longer coding streak.
    First can you test that is it the time trigger that is causing this by removing the time trigger from every mode and see if the BT spinning still happens. If not then put the time trigger back and see does it still happen. This will ensure that it is the time trigger. Since if it is not then I am out of ideas what could be causing this.

Or did it only happen on that time when changing from night to work mode?
    It seemed to be the time trigger, until I removed all the modes and recreated them, this time without a time trigger. It still happened.

But it did it that one time so far. Now when manually switch between them it works fine. I will wait to see what it does when my triggers fire the other modes.
  9.    #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    It seemed to be the time trigger, until I removed all the modes and recreated them, this time without a time trigger. It still happened.

But it did it that one time so far. Now when manually switch between them it works fine. I will wait to see what it does when my triggers fire the other modes.
    Let me know if it comes back etc. Since if there is no time triggers the MS does almost nothing so then it would be odd if enabling MS would cause the problem.
    Let me know if it comes back etc. Since if there is no time triggers the MS does almost nothing so then it would be odd if enabling MS would cause the problem.
    Will do. Thank you for your help.
    I've been experiencing modes reloading in periods of heavier use as well (which is really the worst possible time for everything to slow down to reload a mode). I don't know if anyone else has suggested this, or if it's possible, but maybe you could make it check the current mode before loading a new one. If the mode that it wants to load is the same as the current mode, then don't do anything, and just wait for a new trigger.
    Love the app. Thanks for your work.
  12.    #1452  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    I've been experiencing modes reloading in periods of heavier use as well (which is really the worst possible time for everything to slow down to reload a mode). I don't know if anyone else has suggested this, or if it's possible, but maybe you could make it check the current mode before loading a new one. If the mode that it wants to load is the same as the current mode, then don't do anything, and just wait for a new trigger.
    Love the app. Thanks for your work.
    Well actually the only reason why I reload the mode is just to make sure the applications are started. I have to add a flag to only load the apps for the mode on startup then it won't be that bad even if MS restarts. Will modify the startup procedure for the next release.
    another small suggestion, adding secure unlock (ie: turn on while at gym) and blink notifications (ie: off while in Sleep mode) settings. Certainly not key features, but would be nice added functionality.
    thanks.
    Yea, because of this WebOS memory issue I've been running with MS off unfortunately =/

I'm really hoping the next version of WebOS has fixed memory management.
  15.    #1455  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    another small suggestion, adding secure unlock (ie: turn on while at gym) and blink notifications (ie: off while in Sleep mode) settings. Certainly not key features, but would be nice added functionality.
    thanks.
    I try to squeeze these setting into next release.
  16.    #1456  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Yea, because of this WebOS memory issue I've been running with MS off unfortunately =/

I'm really hoping the next version of WebOS has fixed memory management.
    I will modify the behavior for next release which should ease up these situations since the settings are not reloaded anymore.
    Big thanks to sconix! Your Mode Switcher is simply awesome!
    I'm late to the party as I've never seen this app before tonight....installed MS and set up my Custom Mode with triggers based on either time or on Touchstone charger to launch my weather app. Nothing doing! I can't get any trigger to work for the life of me and I've double checked everything, including verifying that it is activated.

Any ideas on what could be preventing the triggers from working?
  19.    #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I'm late to the party as I've never seen this app before tonight....installed MS and set up my Custom Mode with triggers based on either time or on Touchstone charger to launch my weather app. Nothing doing! I can't get any trigger to work for the life of me and I've double checked everything, including verifying that it is activated.

Any ideas on what could be preventing the triggers from working?
    Usually it has been a misunderstanding of how the triggers / settings works. There is a link to a manual in the first post if you need to check how things should work. Then just start by testing with a single trigger and see if it works. But if you really cannot get the triggers to work then get back to me with a description of the triggers that you had set. At least I cannot figure any reason that would cause all the triggers to not to work.
    One thing I would be looking forward to is if we could, like asked before, use a particular wifi network as a specific trigger....?