• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 72 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3326
  1.    #1421  
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Yup, got that one installed. :-( bummer. Anyone know of a work around to use both patches?

And as a side note: Damn great app sconix! Just made me fall in love with my pre all over again!
    My hide QL patch will work (available from Preware). It will only hide it in app launcher, but I am releasing new version next week that allows selecting of both (hide only in AL or all the time).
  2.    #1422  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    Hey sconix,
    for me, the newly-much-beloved 3G/2G setting does not seem to change anything; are others noting this also? the 'EV' icon stays even in a mode set to 'only 2G'.
    should this trigge change only the action of the radio, or will it change the actual setting- what i mean is should it change what is shown when dial ##3836# or only the radios' behavior? if it should change what is shown in the ##3836# screen, it is not changing things.
    Ev
    Well at least it is changing for me since including the setting will initiate a network search. It should do what ever the toggle in phone preferences does. What comes to my mind is that do you have none gsm version? Since the config options in GSM version was umts/gms/automatic so I guess they are different in none GSM phone. I am pretty sure that this is the problem so I will have to download sprint doctor and see from there how it differs and figure out a way to detect which phone is in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes sorry about the old version lying around in the testing feed. It will go away when I release the 1.0.0 during this month in the normal WebOS Internals feed.
    No problems, just wanted to be sure. And let me just say, this is a really great app... I'm really really loving it thus far. No issues either...
    Do you have time triggers in your mode. If yes then there could be bug related to that and in this case I would like to have your messages log from time when this is happening. Since it means that most likely the time trigger is causing some weird MS restart loop. If you don't have time triggers then this is very I mean very weird since the activation only allows the mode changes and sets the timers for time triggers.
    I was going to say that I did not have any time triggers, but after looking I did.

Testing around with different settings and modes, I was trying this.

Home - GPS trigger, BT off
    Night - Timed trigger, BT off
    Work - GPS trigger, BT on
    Default - BT on

So yes when I got to work this morning to use my BT headphones to listen to some tunes, it was connecting. That is when I saw the BT spinning and said "off and trying to turn on". That would have been from night mode to work mode.

Where might I get these logs your looking for? I will pass them on if this fits what you were looking to hear back about.

Thanks again.
  5.    #1425  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I was going to say that I did not have any time triggers, but after looking I did.

Testing around with different settings and modes, I was trying this.

Home - GPS trigger, BT off
    Night - Timed trigger, BT off
    Work - GPS trigger, BT on
    Default - BT on

So yes when I got to work this morning to use my BT headphones to listen to some tunes, it was connecting. That is when I saw the BT spinning and said "off and trying to turn on". That would have been from night mode to work mode.

Where might I get these logs your looking for? I will pass them on if this fits what you were looking to hear back about.

Thanks again.
    First can you test that is it the time trigger that is causing this by removing the time trigger from every mode and see if the BT spinning still happens. If not then put the time trigger back and see does it still happen. This will ensure that it is the time trigger. Since if it is not then I am out of ideas what could be causing this.

Or did it only happen on that time when changing from night to work mode?
    Well at least it is changing for me since including the setting will initiate a network search. It should do what ever the toggle in phone preferences does. What comes to my mind is that do you have none gsm version? Since the config options in GSM version was umts/gms/automatic so I guess they are different in none GSM phone. I am pretty sure that this is the problem so I will have to download sprint doctor and see from there how it differs and figure out a way to detect which phone is in use.
    mine is a sprint, usa phone which i do believe is CDMA. you've got a lot on your plate at the moment; no hurry or worries. i'll wait. glad you're back to 100%.
    Ev
    I realized that manual does not really explain anything about the installation of mode switcher, the patches available that extend its usefulness, or a general overview of the application.

At least the framework is created so hopefully I can work on it on Monday when my work week is over (monday and tuesday is my weekend because i am a chef).
    I just started using this app and is AMAZING!!! I no longer ave to worry if my phone is on vibrate anymore when I'm at school and I only have the radios on that I absolutley need.
    Hi, I've been experiencing MS reloading Default Mode when my phone hangs. Here's my messages log.....hope it helps.

ZumoDrive - messages.txt
  10.    #1430  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Hi, I've been experiencing MS reloading Default Mode when my phone hangs. Here's my messages log.....hope it helps.

ZumoDrive - messages.txt
    Thanks for the log I try to see if it tells me anything. If somebody other is experiencing this please tell me so I know how common this is.
    Thanks for the log I try to see if it tells me anything. If somebody other is experiencing this please tell me so I know how common this is.
    This isn't the first time it's happened. It's reloaded atleast 5 times since the last update.
  12.    #1432  
    This isn't the first time it's happened. It's reloaded atleast 5 times since the last update.
    I looked at the messages log and it seems that this is not MS bug. The log shows that your phone is running out of memory and I think that WebOS then restarts those always running applications as a counter measure to trying to free up memory. And at least MS is not listed on that log file as the reason for consuming memory (the log shows top 5 memory consuming apps). So this one is not MS fault (most likely). The log had two MS restarts and before both of those situations there was log lines about the memory running low and taking low memory actions etc.

This would explain why I haven't seen this problem since I have never seen the memory low card on my Pre. So I have never run low on memory and therefore this problem does not exist for me. And the only time it did exist my phone was experiencing some problems from the unlocking procedure and I doctored the phone and the problem went away with the mode restarting problem which would suggest that some app was eating memory on that install.
    I looked at the messages log and it seems that this is not MS bug. The log shows that your phone is running out of memory and I think that WebOS then restarts those always running applications as a counter measure to trying to free up memory. And at least MS is not listed on that log file as the reason for consuming memory (the log shows top 5 memory consuming apps). So this one is not MS fault (most likely). The log had two MS restarts and before both of those situations there was log lines about the memory running low and taking low memory actions etc.

This would explain why I haven't seen this problem since I have never seen the memory low card on my Pre. So I have never run low on memory and therefore this problem does not exist for me. And the only time it did exist my phone was experiencing some problems from the unlocking procedure and I doctored the phone and the problem went away with the mode restarting problem which would suggest that some app was eating memory on that install.
    What were the top 5 memory-eating apps?
  14.    #1434  
    What were the top 5 memory-eating apps?
    Log lists the following top 5 memory abusers:

LunaSysMgr, BrowserServer, java, pulseaudio, LunaDownloadMgr

List was same for all those times when MS was shutdown. My bet would be the browsers (initiated by some web page perhaps) or some download eating up too much memory. Or then there is some other app that is not shown on that list since it only lists 5 top users, there might be many other eating not that much but enough to cause this.

EDIT:

You can see for yourself by looking the log and finding line of:
    DEBUG: Cleaning up Mode Switcher

Which means that the app was shutdown by WebOS and couple lines before that line theres always the MEMCHUTE: threshold is at Low line and under it the list of applications.
    Log lists the following top 5 memory abusers:

LunaSysMgr, BrowserServer, java, pulseaudio, LunaDownloadMgr

List was same for all those times when MS was shutdown. My bet would be the browsers (initiated by some web page perhaps) or some download eating up too much memory. Or then there is some other app that is not shown on that list since it only lists 5 top users, there might be many other eating not that much but enough to cause this.
    MS usually reloaded while i have the browser open. Hmmmmmm, so what do you do differently than me so that you never get the Too Many Cards Error? What do other people do? I'm sure the other people that are getting the reloading bug probably get while they're using the browser or streaming media.
  16.    #1436  
    MS usually reloaded while i have the browser open. Hmmmmmm, so what do you do differently than me so that you never get the Too Many Cards Error? What do other people do? I'm sure the other people that are getting the reloading bug probably get while they're using the browser or streaming media.
    Well I don't use browser that much only very rarely since I am pretty much on front of the computer when I need info from web, but I think it might just be some single web page that draws out the bug in browser.

I will see if I can detect some other way when the MS is truly started on boot and when not then I could easily add a small workaround that mode is not reloaded if the restart happens due to the low memory issue. At least until the WebOS browser has the memory bug fixed.
  17.    #1437  
    New release (0.9.22). Couple bug fixes + new battery level trigger.

See for more info:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

EDIT: Out now...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/07/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    Yeah I get the reload when I'm alwaysssss on the web also. The web might freeze and then it says mode reloading at the bottom. What makes it's worse is that I mostly be on the m.precentral site so how much memory could it take. I'm sure if I had the pre plus than it wouldn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yeah I get the reload when I'm alwaysssss on the web also. The web might freeze and then it says mode reloading at the bottom. What makes it's worse is that I mostly be on the m.precentral site so how much memory could it take. I'm sure if I had the pre plus than it wouldn't happen.
    stay away from the P-o-R-n --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for this great App!!

It has already made me even more lazy! I love it! Now I don't have to push any buttons when I get in my car.