• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 71 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3326
  1.    #1401  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    I originally had this before when it was in the feeds and it worked perfectly but then had to doctor my phone for other reasons. Now when I install along with all the patches and framework it doesn't actually switch modes when setup for the time on the trigger. I have tried to uninstall all the patches and application and then reinstall and restarted phone, battery pull, java restart and still have the same thing. Everything allows me to make parameter updates to the modes and I can even manually select them from the top bar and everything works except for the trigger of the mode at a time. One thing to mention is when I uninstalled the patches and app. and then did a restart and then re-installed them and restarted my phone all my modes were already setup as if I never uninstalled the application. So I figured there must me some residual files on my usb drive of the phone, i hooked up in usb mode to look for some files but couldn't find any.

Anybody have any input on why my triggers for switched the mode are not working?
    If you had some old version installed earlier then the configuration should have been cleared. But if you made the configuration with 0.9.20 then the configuration should have stayed.

To get to the trigger problem. I guess you have mode switcher ON if yes then have you tried just to make mode with time trigger and set the time trigger for 5 minutes from the current time and closing to 10 minutes from current time and see whether the mode triggers. If it really don't work at any time then I would need your messages log to determine what is happening. At least nobody has reported problems with time trigger for the latest version (so make sure that you have 0.9.21 since some older version had serious problems in time trigger).
    Great app Sconix. Thank you for your install help. I would not have known to replace that corrupted file to get your app/patch to install.

I see on your webpage your looking for people to help test something for roaming. Is this for a trigger? If so, I'd be willing to help with that.

Also, in case I missed it throughout the rest of the posts, I have a few observations since installing 0.9.20 and .21.

- Is there a place that shows what the current mode is? If not, could that be put somewhere (in your top bar patches or when the app is opened showing "current mode is: xxx"?

- Since updating to .21, the state of the bluetooth doesn't complete it's switch in settings. For instance, I have a "Night" mode. I have the BT disabled. When I view the status of the BT, it shows the spinner and says "on", but also displays "turning off BT". It never finishes, just spins. This also happens when I move to a mode where I want the BT to be on. It says turning on, but never gets there, just shows the spinner.

- I am wondering if you might put in an option that basically sets the settings to the same as when the phone is in Airplane mode. ( I suppose I could turn on airplane mode and then grab current settings....)

- Looking for ideas or a way to create a "traveling" or "in-car" mode. Not sure how to trigger such a mode. Maybe with GPS? Would there be a way to have the GPS trigger see that your moving (velocity is changing) and set a mode that way? Just an idea.

So far so good. I am waiting to test out some of the triggers for being on a touchstone (just bought some from the clearance at Radio Shack). I apologize if some of this was already brought up before. I probably missed it in my searches.

Looks like you have a great idea going here. I am looking forward to the improvements. If you need help testing the roaming stuff, let me know.

Best Regards!

- Since updating to .21, the state of the bluetooth doesn't complete it's switch in settings. For instance, I have a "Night" mode. I have the BT disabled. When I view the status of the BT, it shows the spinner and says "on", but also displays "turning off BT". It never finishes, just spins. This also happens when I move to a mode where I want the BT to be on. It says turning on, but never gets there, just shows the spinner.
    EDIT: I deactivated MS and the BT was still hung up. Restarted the phone with MS deactivated and issue went away.

If I reactivate MS, the BT hangs again.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/06/2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: more information about problem
    sconix has mentioned the possibility of a reverse-GPS trigger, which would trigger a mode upon leaving a location. this would be ideal for a car mode.

Personally I just use a 'wall charger' trigger because atm the car is the only place I plug in the phone directly. When my 2nd touchstone comes in I'll have to come up with something new.
    Getting a strange problem with 0.9.21 where the selections on the drop-down mode menu won't work, and when I try to launch MS itself, the icon highlights when tapped, but freezes for a bit and then loses the highlight and doesn't launch. I'm doing a shutdown/battery pull to see if it helps.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Running UberKernel + Govnah in screenstate mode if that's relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Getting a strange problem with 0.9.21 where the selections on the drop-down mode menu won't work, and when I try to launch MS itself, the icon highlights when tapped, but freezes for a bit and then loses the highlight and doesn't launch. I'm doing a shutdown/battery pull to see if it helps.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Running UberKernel + Govnah in screenstate mode if that's relevant.
    I am using 0.9.21 along with UberKernel and Govnah in screenstate mode as well. I am not seeing the problem your describing.
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Great app Sconix. Thank you for your install help. I would not have known to replace that corrupted file to get your app/patch to install.

I see on your webpage your looking for people to help test something for roaming. Is this for a trigger? If so, I'd be willing to help with that.

Also, in case I missed it throughout the rest of the posts, I have a few observations since installing 0.9.20 and .21.

- Is there a place that shows what the current mode is? If not, could that be put somewhere (in your top bar patches or when the app is opened showing "current mode is: xxx"?

- I am wondering if you might put in an option that basically sets the settings to the same as when the phone is in Airplane mode. ( I suppose I could turn on airplane mode and then grab current settings....)

- Looking for ideas or a way to create a "traveling" or "in-car" mode. Not sure how to trigger such a mode. Maybe with GPS? Would there be a way to have the GPS trigger see that your moving (velocity is changing) and set a mode that way? Just an idea.

So far so good. I am waiting to test out some of the triggers for being on a touchstone (just bought some from the clearance at Radio Shack). I apologize if some of this was already brought up before. I probably missed it in my searches.

Looks like you have a great idea going here. I am looking forward to the improvements. If you need help testing the roaming stuff, let me know.

Best Regards!
    the top bar patch that adds the left menu changes the carrier string to show the active mode except default and for the problem you are experiencing with the bluetooth do a full re-boot or a battery pull to fix it -- this is not a mode switcher problem but i too see it from time to tome especially if the BT is shut off rapidly after turning on
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I am using 0.9.21 along with UberKernel and Govnah in screenstate mode as well. I am not seeing the problem your describing.
    i had this issue after a recent update -- a reboot fixed it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    the top bar patch that adds the left menu changes the carrier string to show the active mode except default and for the problem you are experiencing with the bluetooth do a full re-boot or a battery pull to fix it -- this is not a mode switcher problem but i too see it from time to tome especially if the BT is shut off rapidly after turning on
    Thanks for pointing that out with the top bar patch. Installing now.

As for the BT problem. I edited my post about the BT problem before I saw your post. So if it is because the BT cycles rapidly and not MS, I'll just have to live with it I guess.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    sconix has mentioned the possibility of a reverse-GPS trigger, which would trigger a mode upon leaving a location. this would be ideal for a car mode.

Personally I just use a 'wall charger' trigger because atm the car is the only place I plug in the phone directly. When my 2nd touchstone comes in I'll have to come up with something new.
    A reverse GPS trigger would be interesting. I'll wait to see if that develops.
    Once my touchstones get in, I will just create a car mode that will check for a TS, then for my work location (where the other TS will be), I will check for the TS and GPS location or another secondary trigger. That should work well enough for me.

For others, that reverse GPS trigger could be an option.

Thanks!
    Another observation:

Under the Sounds settings, when the slider is moved to 0, it actually doesn't display 0. It displays 7. Does that for all three of the Sounds (ringer, system, media).
    Okay, quick question.

I installed version 0.9.6 from preware webos-internals feed. Then this morning I realized I should add the feed to get the beta version. I see the version from that feed is 0.9.21. Is that the newest? I guess I am .15 behind???? Wow, I really need to read up on all this.... thanks....
    Another observation:

Under the Sounds settings, when the slider is moved to 0, it actually doesn't display 0. It displays 7. Does that for all three of the Sounds (ringer, system, media).
    you can get it to zero with some monkey-ing around. (seems like it takes a few trys with the slider?)

also if you set it to zero through sound (or wherever you would normally set it) it can retrieve that setting.
    Another observation:

I got this one!

Had the same problem when I started using MS. It's a WebOS problem, but the workaround is this. When you tap the slider, first make a sliding motion towards the top of the screen, then hang a left and go over to zero.

Regards,
    Tom
    I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already. I have searched for hours and have not found an answer.

I have mode switcher and its related start on luna start patch installed and it works great. I am however getting an installation error when trying to install "system menu initial framework." My original purpose behind installing this was the drop down agenda I have heard about (altho I am quickly falling in love with the other features this app brings to the table). Are there known conflicts with other patches that anyone can inform me of? The only top bar patch I have installed is the Battery icon and % patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also: I have found that the "always on" setting while on touchstone doesnt seem to be working for me. Thoughts?
    Last edited by z28marols1; 05/06/2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: New question, no reason for new post. :)
  15.    #1415  
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already. I have searched for hours and have not found an answer.

I have mode switcher and its related start on luna start patch installed and it works great. I am however getting an installation error when trying to install "system menu initial framework." My original purpose behind installing this was the drop down agenda I have heard about (altho I am quickly falling in love with the other features this app brings to the table). Are there known conflicts with other patches that anyone can inform me of? The only top bar patch I have installed is the Battery icon and % patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also: I have found that the "always on" setting while on touchstone doesnt seem to be working for me. Thoughts?
    The always on is a bug that I will fix for next release. See more info about current things I am working with:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

At least hide quick launch patch conflicts with the system menus patch. Search the thread for answer if this is the case.
  16.    #1416  
    A reverse GPS trigger would be interesting. I'll wait to see if that develops.
    Once my touchstones get in, I will just create a car mode that will check for a TS, then for my work location (where the other TS will be), I will check for the TS and GPS location or another secondary trigger. That should work well enough for me.

For others, that reverse GPS trigger could be an option.

Thanks!
    The reverse thing will come in some form at least. Don't know yet when though. At some point I will also be adding a orientation option for charger trigger since at least I have the phone in different orientation when on car and when on night stand.
  17.    #1417  

EDIT: I deactivated MS and the BT was still hung up. Restarted the phone with MS deactivated and issue went away.

If I reactivate MS, the BT hangs again.
    Do you have time triggers in your mode. If yes then there could be bug related to that and in this case I would like to have your messages log from time when this is happening. Since it means that most likely the time trigger is causing some weird MS restart loop. If you don't have time triggers then this is very I mean very weird since the activation only allows the mode changes and sets the timers for time triggers.
  18.    #1418  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Okay, quick question.

I installed version 0.9.6 from preware webos-internals feed. Then this morning I realized I should add the feed to get the beta version. I see the version from that feed is 0.9.21. Is that the newest? I guess I am .15 behind???? Wow, I really need to read up on all this.... thanks....
    Yes sorry about the old version lying around in the testing feed. It will go away when I release the 1.0.0 during this month in the normal WebOS Internals feed.
    Hey sconix,
    for me, the newly-much-beloved 3G/2G setting does not seem to change anything; are others noting this also? the 'EV' icon stays even in a mode set to 'only 2G'.
    should this trigge change only the action of the radio, or will it change the actual setting- what i mean is should it change what is shown when dial ##3836# or only the radios' behavior? if it should change what is shown in the ##3836# screen, it is not changing things.
    Ev
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The always on is a bug that I will fix for next release. See more info about current things I am working with:

http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

At least hide quick launch patch conflicts with the system menus patch. Search the thread for answer if this is the case.
    Yup, got that one installed. :-( bummer. Anyone know of a work around to use both patches?

And as a side note: Damn great app sconix! Just made me fall in love with my pre all over again!